CE - Rejuvs

Did you know that you can get a full rejuv by transmogrifying every little
rejuv? The recipe isn't 3 for 1, it's 1 for 1. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Diane
26 answers Last reply
More about rejuvs

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:52:20 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Did you know that you can get a full rejuv by transmogrifying every little
    >rejuv? The recipe isn't 3 for 1, it's 1 for 1. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    >
    >Diane

    Oh, God, do *not* tell me that. The Druid got a full page of full
    rejuvs just cubing them 3 to 1. You might try cubing a rune or two,
    too, you may get the next rune, if I'm reading the readme correctly.

    BTW, the Druid found a couple of hearts, which I *could* right-click
    to get the Zods, but since neither of them is *near* being able to use
    them yet, I figure I'll wait. And Art was right about the price on
    those souls, 7.5 million is absolutely *ridiculous* for something that
    only sells for 1390 after you change it into an egg ;-)

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    Diane wrote:
    > Did you know that you can get a full rejuv by transmogrifying every little
    > rejuv? The recipe isn't 3 for 1, it's 1 for 1. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    >
    > Diane
    Just how did you figure this one out?! LOL

    sidekick wrote:
    > Diane wrote:
    >
    >> Did you know that you can get a full rejuv by transmogrifying every
    >> little rejuv? The recipe isn't 3 for 1, it's 1 for 1.
    >> WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    >>
    >> Diane
    >
    > Just how did you figure this one out?! LOL

    Nevermind...I just read the post where you told how you found out!

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

    > Oh, God, do *not* tell me that. The Druid got a full page of full
    > rejuvs just cubing them 3 to 1. You might try cubing a rune or two,
    > too, you may get the next rune, if I'm reading the readme correctly.
    >
    > BTW, the Druid found a couple of hearts, which I *could* right-click
    > to get the Zods, but since neither of them is *near* being able to use
    > them yet, I figure I'll wait. And Art was right about the price on
    > those souls, 7.5 million is absolutely *ridiculous* for something that
    > only sells for 1390 after you change it into an egg ;-)
    >
    > ald

    Yes dear. I hope by now you've tried the rejuv thingy. I found it
    quite by accident myself. I had been cubing them 3-1 and I accidentally
    hit the tranmogger (don't mind me, I make up my own words as I go along,
    kinda like Archie Bunker) and I got a full rejuv. Boy, was I surprised.
    So, now I've got a whole page of full rejuvs and quite frankly, since I
    carry my cube with me, and I'm always picking up rejuvs along the way
    with my Find Potion (when necessary), I don't see the point in
    collecting reds and blues anymore, unless I'm missing something. Also,
    I found some Oil Potion in Kurast Bazaar. I managed to get myself to
    the Bazaar and marked my WP. So, all my WP's up to that point are
    marked and tomorrow is another day.

    I feel like I'm moving at a really fast clip here. So far, the gang is
    just beating up the bad guys like crazy and when one dies, I can
    resurrect him, so, as I've heard the necro is the easiest build in the
    game, I truly believe that. I'm sure it will get harder in NM and
    especially Hell, but maybe this will be the guy I can bring to Hell
    level. Never have brought anyone into hell before (except my ex-
    husband, the idiotstick, and I hope he stays there and rots) LMAO.

    Nite for now. Enjoy your game. Let me know when you beat Dariel and
    get to Lut Gulein.

    Diane

    Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in

    > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
    >

    >> Oh, God, do *not* tell me that. The Druid got a full page of full
    >> rejuvs just cubing them 3 to 1. You might try cubing a rune or two,
    >> too, you may get the next rune, if I'm reading the readme correctly.
    >>
    >> BTW, the Druid found a couple of hearts, which I *could* right-click
    >> to get the Zods, but since neither of them is *near* being able to
    >> use them yet, I figure I'll wait. And Art was right about the price
    >> on those souls, 7.5 million is absolutely *ridiculous* for something
    >> that only sells for 1390 after you change it into an egg ;-)
    >>
    >> ald
    >
    > Yes dear. I hope by now you've tried the rejuv thingy. I found it
    > quite by accident myself. I had been cubing them 3-1 and I
    > accidentally hit the tranmogger (don't mind me, I make up my own words
    > as I go along, kinda like Archie Bunker) and I got a full rejuv. Boy,
    > was I surprised. So, now I've got a whole page of full rejuvs and
    > quite frankly, since I carry my cube with me, and I'm always picking
    > up rejuvs along the way with my Find Potion (when necessary), I don't
    > see the point in collecting reds and blues anymore, unless I'm missing
    > something. Also, I found some Oil Potion in Kurast Bazaar. I managed
    > to get myself to the Bazaar and marked my WP. So, all my WP's up to
    > that point are marked and tomorrow is another day.
    >
    > I feel like I'm moving at a really fast clip here. So far, the gang
    > is just beating up the bad guys like crazy and when one dies, I can
    > resurrect him, so, as I've heard the necro is the easiest build in the
    > game, I truly believe that. I'm sure it will get harder in NM and
    > especially Hell, but maybe this will be the guy I can bring to Hell
    > level. Never have brought anyone into hell before (except my ex-
    > husband, the idiotstick, and I hope he stays there and rots) LMAO.
    >
    > Nite for now. Enjoy your game. Let me know when you beat Dariel and
    > get to Lut Gulein.
    >
    > Diane

    And btw, as regards the runes, I have cubed some of them, but I'm really
    getting a lot of good ones. I have about 10 Zods, some Bers, Hels,
    Sols, can't remember most of them. This old brain doesn't work well
    under the best of circumstances, let alone when it's tired. But, I have
    a bunch of them , Lem, Um, Name some and I'll tell you if I have it.
    Some of them you can't cube. I already tried. But, those that can be
    cubed, I've cubed.

    Diane

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:33:25 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Yes dear. I hope by now you've tried the rejuv thingy. I found it
    >quite by accident myself. I had been cubing them 3-1 and I accidentally
    >hit the tranmogger (don't mind me, I make up my own words as I go along,
    >kinda like Archie Bunker) and I got a full rejuv. Boy, was I surprised.
    >So, now I've got a whole page of full rejuvs and quite frankly, since I
    >carry my cube with me, and I'm always picking up rejuvs along the way
    >with my Find Potion (when necessary), I don't see the point in
    >collecting reds and blues anymore, unless I'm missing something. Also,
    >I found some Oil Potion in Kurast Bazaar. I managed to get myself to
    >the Bazaar and marked my WP. So, all my WP's up to that point are
    >marked and tomorrow is another day.

    There *are* advantages to the reds and blues, especially the higher
    ones. The constant refill (when it more than fills up your ball) can
    come in handy. For instance, when my Druid drinks a light or regular
    mana potion, he can usually get in an extra wolf or two while the ball
    is filling up before it actually starts taking away from what he ends
    up with, if that makes sense. I'm using this *much* more in Nez, where
    my Bowazon has Raise Skeletons (from souls, which can be worn in the
    ring slot in that one) that she can only cast one before needing to
    drink a potion. She can usually get away with drinking only one mana
    potion and re-raising her entire army of four.

    >I feel like I'm moving at a really fast clip here. So far, the gang is
    >just beating up the bad guys like crazy and when one dies, I can
    >resurrect him, so, as I've heard the necro is the easiest build in the
    >game, I truly believe that. I'm sure it will get harder in NM and
    >especially Hell, but maybe this will be the guy I can bring to Hell
    >level. Never have brought anyone into hell before (except my ex-
    >husband, the idiotstick, and I hope he stays there and rots) LMAO.
    >
    >Nite for now. Enjoy your game. Let me know when you beat Dariel and
    >get to Lut Gulein.
    >
    >Diane

    Andy first, but I will ;-) And yeah, the skellimancer is definitely
    the way to go now. My level 91 was *cruising* along in Hell, at least
    until 1.10 came out. Then he started struggling, but that's 'cause he
    wasn't built for the different game that 1.10 is (especially in Hell,
    and especially for skellimancers). But he's been rebuilt a couple of
    times, and I *will* get there again with one of them ;-)

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:35:46 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >And btw, as regards the runes, I have cubed some of them, but I'm really
    >getting a lot of good ones. I have about 10 Zods, some Bers, Hels,
    >Sols, can't remember most of them. This old brain doesn't work well
    >under the best of circumstances, let alone when it's tired. But, I have
    >a bunch of them , Lem, Um, Name some and I'll tell you if I have it.
    >Some of them you can't cube. I already tried. But, those that can be
    >cubed, I've cubed.
    >
    >Diane

    Cubed just by themselves, or with 3 of them? 3 should work up to Thul,
    IIRC, then you need to start adding gems. See here:
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml . But it *looks*
    like in CE, cubing one by itself either gives you the next or the last
    rune, I keep forgetting to try it myself.

    > There *are* advantages to the reds and blues, especially the higher
    > ones. The constant refill (when it more than fills up your ball) can
    > come in handy. For instance, when my Druid drinks a light or regular
    > mana potion, he can usually get in an extra wolf or two while the ball
    > is filling up before it actually starts taking away from what he ends
    > up with, if that makes sense. I'm using this *much* more in Nez, where
    > my Bowazon has Raise Skeletons (from souls, which can be worn in the
    > ring slot in that one) that she can only cast one before needing to
    > drink a potion. She can usually get away with drinking only one mana
    > potion and re-raising her entire army of four.

    I've been saving the Greater Healings and Greater Manas in my stash, so
    I'm getting a nice stock of them. But, the rejuv restores health and
    mana so much faster than both of them. When I give him a health potion,
    I watch the ball fill up slowly, but when I give him a rejuv, even a
    small one although there's no reason to give him a small one anymore
    when you can cube every small bottle into a full rejuv, but in any case,
    when he gets a rejuv, the ball fills up completely instantly, whereas
    with the health potion, the ball will fill up halfway or 3/4. That's
    why I feel like the rejuvs are better than the reds and blues.

    > Andy first, but I will ;-) And yeah, the skellimancer is definitely
    > the way to go now. My level 91 was *cruising* along in Hell, at least
    > until 1.10 came out. Then he started struggling, but that's 'cause he
    > wasn't built for the different game that 1.10 is (especially in Hell,
    > and especially for skellimancers). But he's been rebuilt a couple of
    > times, and I *will* get there again with one of them ;-)
    >
    > ald

    That's right. I did forget it's Andy first. You'll get there. I got
    to clvl30 before I badly needed sleep at 3AM. I got my revive, so that
    will help me out later in the game.

    Diane

    > Cubed just by themselves, or with 3 of them? 3 should work up to Thul,
    > IIRC, then you need to start adding gems. See here:
    > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml . But it *looks*
    > like in CE, cubing one by itself either gives you the next or the last
    > rune, I keep forgetting to try it myself.
    >
    > ald

    OK, here again, like with the gems, we can cube by itself. Hmmm, I
    didn't know that. I'll give it a try. Yeah, I think it's up to Thul,
    which is why I wound up with about 25 Thuls already. What I need to do
    now is check all the cubing information and find out what I can do with
    these things, and the gems, to make better stuff. In all the years I've
    been playing the game, I've never bothered with any of that, which
    probably explains why I've never gotten further than clvl53 NM. So, my
    hope is that I'll make it to hell this time.

    Diane

    On 11-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

    > That's
    > why I feel like the rejuvs are better than the reds and blues.

    Diane, ald was trying to say that in certain circumstances the blue was
    better _because_ it goes slower, it goes like this:
    raise skellies & skelly mages until mana is depleted - drink blue potion -
    raise the rest of your minions *while* it is filling and you could
    conceivably use more mana points in 2 seconds than you actually have (max).
    Otherwise, I go with you, I only carry full rejuvs in my belt, even with my
    skellimancer, but for those special times (just starting for the night) when
    you must raise your whole army, I have been known to actually *buy* a blue
    potion to slurp, and this was even before CE hehe.
    btw, the readme file for CE says that putting one rune in your cube and
    hitting transmute will give you the next _lower_ rune, so if it gives you
    the next _higher_ rune, please let us know since I treasure every rune I get
    and don't want to experiment even tho I too have just about all of them
    already from gambling and the eggs, including 7 or 8 zods and two hearts
    (that could be zods) that I am saving for other cube recipes.
    Heh, made my first runeword last night (Lore) - with a RARE circlet - dang
    that is sweet, keeps all the original mods and adds the runeword mods
    besides.

    Oh, and, hello to one and all here, sorry I did not find this group sooner,
    I have been @ agd2 for awhile and had originally thought that this group was
    for D1, silly me never even checked it until Diane and Ald mentioned it over
    there.
    --
    Don't Panic!

    "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in

    > raise skellies & skelly mages until mana is depleted - drink blue
    > potion - raise the rest of your minions *while* it is filling and you
    > could conceivably use more mana points in 2 seconds than you actually
    > have (max).

    Ah, ok. I got it now. Oddly enough, when I'm raising my skellies and
    mages, my mana doesn't appear to be rushing out. I must have enough +pts
    to mana that it's holding me in check.

    Diane

    "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in

    > btw, the readme file for CE says that putting one rune in your cube
    > and hitting transmute will give you the next _lower_ rune, so if it
    > gives you the next _higher_ rune, please let us know since I treasure
    > every rune I get and don't want to experiment even tho I too have just
    > about all of them already from gambling and the eggs, including 7 or 8
    > zods and two hearts (that could be zods) that I am saving for other
    > cube recipes. Heh, made my first runeword last night (Lore) - with a
    > RARE circlet - dang that is sweet, keeps all the original mods and
    > adds the runeword mods besides.

    OK, I'll test it out. I have enough Thuls that I can afford to
    sacrifice one. If it does, in fact lower the value of the rune, than a
    Thul should go down one lower. If the readme is wrong and the runes go
    one higher, then nothing will happen to the Thul b/c I don't think you
    can increase a Thul. But, I'll try a few things and let you know.

    Congrats on the Lore circlet. Wow. I still need to work on that entire
    concept. I've never worked with runewords and I really don't have a
    clue what to do about that.

    Also, I'm glad you found your way here. CE is really a great mod and
    I'm enjoying it. It's made my entire Diablo experience greater than it
    was before. And, it's fun to be working with you and ald coming up with
    all the nuances that aren't directly stated clearly (or that I don't
    read somewhere.)

    Diane

    On 11-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

    > I don't think you can increase a Thul.

    Yes, you can. 3 Thul's and one chipped topaz equal one Amn.
    3 Amn's and one chipped amythest equal one.... err... Sol? I forget at the
    moment, anyway, the regular cube recipes work, check the Arreat Summit for
    the full list. I think it is tasred (topaz, amythest, sapphire, ruby,
    emerald, and diamond), first chipped, then flawed, etc.
    Oh, at pul and after, it is only 2 runes plus one gem to get the next
    highest.
    --

    > On 11-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I don't think you can increase a Thul.
    >
    > Yes, you can. 3 Thul's and one chipped topaz equal one Amn.
    > 3 Amn's and one chipped amythest equal one.... err... Sol? I forget
    > at the moment, anyway, the regular cube recipes work, check the Arreat
    > Summit for the full list. I think it is tasred (topaz, amythest,
    > sapphire, ruby, emerald, and diamond), first chipped, then flawed,
    > etc. Oh, at pul and after, it is only 2 runes plus one gem to get the
    > next highest.

    ok great. thanks for the info. i never think to put gems in with
    runes. it's like algebra to me (letters and numbers) and I didn't like
    that either, lol.

    Diane

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:11:41 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >OK, here again, like with the gems, we can cube by itself. Hmmm, I
    >didn't know that. I'll give it a try. Yeah, I think it's up to Thul,
    >which is why I wound up with about 25 Thuls already. What I need to do
    >now is check all the cubing information and find out what I can do with
    >these things, and the gems, to make better stuff. In all the years I've
    >been playing the game, I've never bothered with any of that, which
    >probably explains why I've never gotten further than clvl53 NM. So, my
    >hope is that I'll make it to hell this time.
    >
    >Diane

    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml . Note that
    *all* of these, including the latest "ladder only" ones, should be
    available in CE (I asked in the forums ;-) ). And how far did you get
    in NM at level 53? Getting *to* Hell shouldn't be that difficult, the
    problem in 1.10 is getting *through* Hell ;-(

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:08:25 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >I've been saving the Greater Healings and Greater Manas in my stash, so
    >I'm getting a nice stock of them. But, the rejuv restores health and
    >mana so much faster than both of them. When I give him a health potion,
    >I watch the ball fill up slowly, but when I give him a rejuv, even a
    >small one although there's no reason to give him a small one anymore
    >when you can cube every small bottle into a full rejuv, but in any case,
    >when he gets a rejuv, the ball fills up completely instantly, whereas
    >with the health potion, the ball will fill up halfway or 3/4. That's
    >why I feel like the rejuvs are better than the reds and blues.

    Try drinking one of those Greater (or Super, when you get them)
    potions, especially a Mana one if you have base energy. The ball fills
    up just as fast a full rejuv, and you can cast something as it's
    filling and it *stays* full.

    I'm not saying that they are always better than rejuvs, far from it,
    and yeah, rejuvs are instant (just like the health and mana potions
    were in the original Diablo), whereas the healing and mana potions
    aren't. I'm just saying in certain situations there are advantages,
    especially to the mana potions.

    >That's right. I did forget it's Andy first. You'll get there. I got
    >to clvl30 before I badly needed sleep at 3AM. I got my revive, so that
    >will help me out later in the game.
    >
    >Diane

    Conga Rats! Yeah, it should, as well as the other level 30 spells
    (which I'm too tired ATM to recall, started my new job today and have
    to be back at it in less than 6 hours).

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:07:34 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
    wrote:

    >btw, the readme file for CE says that putting one rune in your cube and
    >hitting transmute will give you the next _lower_ rune, so if it gives you
    >the next _higher_ rune, please let us know since I treasure every rune I get
    >and don't want to experiment even tho I too have just about all of them
    >already from gambling and the eggs, including 7 or 8 zods and two hearts
    >(that could be zods) that I am saving for other cube recipes.

    Yeah, that's the way I read it, too, but I figured it *may* be a typo
    or bad translation. I keep intending to try it with an Eld, since that
    wouldn't be much of a loss, but keep forgetting :-(

    >Heh, made my first runeword last night (Lore) - with a RARE circlet - dang
    >that is sweet, keeps all the original mods and adds the runeword mods
    >besides.

    Nice! That's one of my favorite runewords, except that I keep making
    it for characters who haven't hit level 27 yet ;-)

    >Oh, and, hello to one and all here, sorry I did not find this group sooner,
    >I have been @ agd2 for awhile and had originally thought that this group was
    >for D1, silly me never even checked it until Diane and Ald mentioned it over
    >there.

    Welcome to our madness, and don't feel bad, that's a common mistake.
    I'd send you muffins, but IIRC I saw a post already tonight from the
    Mad one, so they wouldn't make it through ;-(

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:34:38 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Ah, ok. I got it now. Oddly enough, when I'm raising my skellies and
    >mages, my mana doesn't appear to be rushing out. I must have enough +pts
    >to mana that it's holding me in check.
    >
    >Diane

    Again, try raising them with a Bowazon (in Nez) with base mana. With
    something like 8 to Raise Skelly (which is what I was *trying* to say
    this morning, it didn't come out right though), she can only cast one
    before she needs to drink a potion. I wait until there are 3 more
    corpses on the ground, drink one regular mana potion (a light one will
    allow her to raise her army, but leaves the mana ball less than full)
    and can raise the other 3 and usually still have a full ball of mana.

    > http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml . Note that
    > *all* of these, including the latest "ladder only" ones, should be
    > available in CE (I asked in the forums ;-) ). And how far did you get
    > in NM at level 53? Getting *to* Hell shouldn't be that difficult, the
    > problem in 1.10 is getting *through* Hell ;-(
    >
    > ald

    I do believe that I was in Act II of NM.

    Diane

    > Try drinking one of those Greater (or Super, when you get them)
    > potions, especially a Mana one if you have base energy. The ball fills
    > up just as fast a full rejuv, and you can cast something as it's
    > filling and it *stays* full.
    >
    > I'm not saying that they are always better than rejuvs, far from it,
    > and yeah, rejuvs are instant (just like the health and mana potions
    > were in the original Diablo), whereas the healing and mana potions
    > aren't. I'm just saying in certain situations there are advantages,
    > especially to the mana potions.

    Thanks. That's what I did tonight. Got me a nice shot of mana and then
    cast my gang and didn't lose a thing. Hey, I got me through to Act IV.
    I might go back to Act III tho, just to lvl up a bit, although I don't
    seem to need it. Actually, for me, Mephisto was easy. Just that my
    hand was getting tired. And I had to switch hands after a few minutes.
    it took about 6 minutes of pounding my mouse until I got or should I say
    WE got the deed done. By this time it was only me, my merc, and one
    skelly.

    Also, gotta check out the mercs in Act IV to see if I should make a
    switch.

    But, I'm really having fun with this CE. I'm doing a whole lot better
    as a skellymancer than I EVER did at a barb. I think that must be b/c
    I'm not much good at melee fighting. I tend to get right in the middle
    of the gang and they smother me to death, instead of hanging on the
    outside. That's where the necro is at an advantage cause I can hang
    outside and let the gang get at them, and then I go in and lend a hand
    when I think it's taking them too long, lol.

    The revive was spooky. I didn't know that it called up the dead ones,
    lol. But the jungle was where I had them going, and it was so dark I
    could barely see them. This tends to be dark on this puter and I don't
    know how to lighten it up. Anyway, I'm just starting Act IV. I'll be
    in NM very soon.

    Can't play tomorrow. :( Gotta go to NYC for the day. So, I'll get
    back to it on Sunday for sure.

    Diane

    On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:31:24 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Thanks. That's what I did tonight. Got me a nice shot of mana and then
    >cast my gang and didn't lose a thing. Hey, I got me through to Act IV.
    >I might go back to Act III tho, just to lvl up a bit, although I don't
    >seem to need it. Actually, for me, Mephisto was easy. Just that my
    >hand was getting tired. And I had to switch hands after a few minutes.
    >it took about 6 minutes of pounding my mouse until I got or should I say
    >WE got the deed done. By this time it was only me, my merc, and one
    >skelly.

    Without having to go back somewhere and resurrect your army? Well
    done! :-)

    >Also, gotta check out the mercs in Act IV to see if I should make a
    >switch.

    Bad news there, there aren't any. If you want my advice, don't try the
    ones in Act 5 either. Well, actually, *I'd* stick with the Rogue all
    the way (I almost always do), but the usual ones are in Act 2/NM.

    >But, I'm really having fun with this CE. I'm doing a whole lot better
    >as a skellymancer than I EVER did at a barb. I think that must be b/c
    >I'm not much good at melee fighting. I tend to get right in the middle
    >of the gang and they smother me to death, instead of hanging on the
    >outside. That's where the necro is at an advantage cause I can hang
    >outside and let the gang get at them, and then I go in and lend a hand
    >when I think it's taking them too long, lol.
    >
    >The revive was spooky. I didn't know that it called up the dead ones,
    >lol. But the jungle was where I had them going, and it was so dark I
    >could barely see them. This tends to be dark on this puter and I don't
    >know how to lighten it up. Anyway, I'm just starting Act IV. I'll be
    >in NM very soon.
    >
    >Can't play tomorrow. :( Gotta go to NYC for the day. So, I'll get
    >back to it on Sunday for sure.
    >
    >Diane

    Open up the options menu (top option when you hit escape, I think,
    it's early and I didn't end up with much sleep). Look for video
    options and the one that lets you adjust gamma and such. First one
    (gamma, again I think) all the way up, second all the way down (might
    be *too* bright, if so try just a little below half-way). If that
    makes it darker, try the opposite and forgive me, I'm trying to type
    this quickly as I get ready to leave for work ;-)

    > On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:07:34 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>btw, the readme file for CE says that putting one rune in your cube
    >>and hitting transmute will give you the next _lower_ rune, so if it
    >>gives you the next _higher_ rune, please let us know since I treasure
    >>every rune I get and don't want to experiment even tho I too have just
    >>about all of them already from gambling and the eggs, including 7 or 8
    >>zods and two hearts (that could be zods) that I am saving for other
    >>cube recipes.
    >
    > Yeah, that's the way I read it, too, but I figured it *may* be a typo
    > or bad translation. I keep intending to try it with an Eld, since that
    > wouldn't be much of a loss, but keep forgetting :-(
    >
    >>Heh, made my first runeword last night (Lore) - with a RARE circlet -
    >>dang that is sweet, keeps all the original mods and adds the runeword
    >>mods besides.
    >
    > Nice! That's one of my favorite runewords, except that I keep making
    > it for characters who haven't hit level 27 yet ;-)
    >
    >>Oh, and, hello to one and all here, sorry I did not find this group
    >>sooner, I have been @ agd2 for awhile and had originally thought that
    >>this group was for D1, silly me never even checked it until Diane and
    >>Ald mentioned it over there.
    >
    > Welcome to our madness, and don't feel bad, that's a common mistake.
    > I'd send you muffins, but IIRC I saw a post already tonight from the
    > Mad one, so they wouldn't make it through ;-(
    >
    > ald

    MUFFINS???? Did you say "MUFFINS?"

    Diane

    > On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:34:38 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Ah, ok. I got it now. Oddly enough, when I'm raising my skellies and
    >>mages, my mana doesn't appear to be rushing out. I must have enough
    >>+pts to mana that it's holding me in check.
    >>
    >>Diane
    >
    > Again, try raising them with a Bowazon (in Nez) with base mana. With
    > something like 8 to Raise Skelly (which is what I was *trying* to say
    > this morning, it didn't come out right though), she can only cast one
    > before she needs to drink a potion. I wait until there are 3 more
    > corpses on the ground, drink one regular mana potion (a light one will
    > allow her to raise her army, but leaves the mana ball less than full)
    > and can raise the other 3 and usually still have a full ball of mana.
    >
    > ald
    Gotcha. :)

    Diane

    Diane wrote:
    > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
    >

    >>On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:07:34 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>btw, the readme file for CE says that putting one rune in your cube
    >>>and hitting transmute will give you the next _lower_ rune, so if it
    >>>gives you the next _higher_ rune, please let us know since I treasure
    >>>every rune I get and don't want to experiment even tho I too have just
    >>>about all of them already from gambling and the eggs, including 7 or 8
    >>>zods and two hearts (that could be zods) that I am saving for other
    >>>cube recipes.
    >>
    >>Yeah, that's the way I read it, too, but I figured it *may* be a typo
    >>or bad translation. I keep intending to try it with an Eld, since that
    >>wouldn't be much of a loss, but keep forgetting :-(
    >>

    >>>Heh, made my first runeword last night (Lore) - with a RARE circlet -
    >>>dang that is sweet, keeps all the original mods and adds the runeword
    >>>mods besides.
    >>
    >>Nice! That's one of my favorite runewords, except that I keep making
    >>it for characters who haven't hit level 27 yet ;-)
    >>

    >>>Oh, and, hello to one and all here, sorry I did not find this group
    >>>sooner, I have been @ agd2 for awhile and had originally thought that
    >>>this group was for D1, silly me never even checked it until Diane and
    >>>Ald mentioned it over there.
    >>
    >>Welcome to our madness, and don't feel bad, that's a common mistake.
    >>I'd send you muffins, but IIRC I saw a post already tonight from the
    >>Mad one, so they wouldn't make it through ;-(
    >>
    >>ald
    >

    > MUFFINS???? Did you say "MUFFINS?"
    >
    > Diane
    With nuts, maybe? ;-)

    > On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:31:24 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks. That's what I did tonight. Got me a nice shot of mana and
    then
    >>cast my gang and didn't lose a thing. Hey, I got me through to Act
    IV.
    >>I might go back to Act III tho, just to lvl up a bit, although I don't
    >>seem to need it. Actually, for me, Mephisto was easy. Just that my
    >>hand was getting tired. And I had to switch hands after a few
    minutes.
    >>it took about 6 minutes of pounding my mouse until I got or should I
    say
    >>WE got the deed done. By this time it was only me, my merc, and one
    >>skelly.
    >
    > Without having to go back somewhere and resurrect your army? Well
    > done! :-)

    Yep, and not only that, but I only had to use one rejuv. I still had my
    CBF and all my charms, so something helped, lol. As well as all my
    army. They're great. I've got Skeleton Mastery up to 23 and Golem
    Mastery up to 14, so I think that's helping. They're getting good and
    strong.

    >>Also, gotta check out the mercs in Act IV to see if I should make a
    >>switch.
    >
    > Bad news there, there aren't any. If you want my advice, don't try the
    > ones in Act 5 either. Well, actually, *I'd* stick with the Rogue all
    > the way (I almost always do), but the usual ones are in Act 2/NM.

    OK. With my barb, I've stuck with the same rogue from the beginning.
    I've only tried switching once, and as I'm accustomed to my merc using a
    bow, I was stunned to find out that my new merc was using a spear, and
    when I tried to equip him with a bow he told me he can't use it. So, I
    wasn't thrilled. I seem to find great bows and I like the mercs using
    bows. But, some people claim they have great success with the mercs
    doing a lot of the battle when they switch their merc to Prayer, or Holy
    whatever it is. I guess these mercs have auras or something. I haven't
    dealt with any of them. But, I just thought I would give it a try.
    However, since this gal is doing well and sticking with me, for the most
    part, and leveling up well, I would hate to have to level up another
    merc and then screw my game up. I have to think about this. As you can
    tell, I'm still confused. I'll decide later today what to do.

    >>But, I'm really having fun with this CE. I'm doing a whole lot better
    >>as a skellymancer than I EVER did at a barb. I think that must be b/c
    >>I'm not much good at melee fighting. I tend to get right in the
    middle
    >>of the gang and they smother me to death, instead of hanging on the
    >>outside. That's where the necro is at an advantage cause I can hang
    >>outside and let the gang get at them, and then I go in and lend a hand
    >>when I think it's taking them too long, lol.
    >>
    >>The revive was spooky. I didn't know that it called up the dead ones,
    >>lol. But the jungle was where I had them going, and it was so dark I
    >>could barely see them. This tends to be dark on this puter and I
    don't
    >>know how to lighten it up. Anyway, I'm just starting Act IV. I'll be
    >>in NM very soon.
    >>
    >>Can't play tomorrow. :( Gotta go to NYC for the day. So, I'll get
    >>back to it on Sunday for sure.
    >>
    >>Diane
    >
    > Open up the options menu (top option when you hit escape, I think,
    > it's early and I didn't end up with much sleep). Look for video
    > options and the one that lets you adjust gamma and such. First one
    > (gamma, again I think) all the way up, second all the way down (might
    > be *too* bright, if so try just a little below half-way). If that
    > makes it darker, try the opposite and forgive me, I'm trying to type
    > this quickly as I get ready to leave for work ;-)
    >
    > ald

    I had the same problem with LOD at one point and I did mess around with
    the gamma and such, those video options, but for one thing, it shrunk my
    screen and then I had a mess of a time getting it back, and never really
    did get it back to exactly where it was so I wasn't happy with it, and
    although it lightens it up a bit, the colors are out of wack and the
    picture was, err how to explain it, i guess too sharp. But it just was
    difficult. So, either way, i couldn't get it the way i wanted it. Too
    dark isn't good b/c i can barely see the map in the tunnels, but messing
    around with the video was creating other problems, so you know what they
    say about damned if you do....................

    OK, today is not a Diablo day. I gotta go to NYC. Hopefully I can play
    tonight, otherwise tomorrow is another day.

    Diane

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in

    > With a Skellimancer IMO it's imperative to have an act 2 merc,
    > preferably a Might merc from nightmare. Their aura virtually doubles
    > the damage that your skellies/golems do and that makes all the
    > difference in hell. That's one thing I particularly liked about the
    > Gemstone mod, you could get a merc with a Fanaticism aura, awesome for
    > a skellimancer. Harder *and* Faster. --
    > ~misfit~

    Ah, ok. Well, I'm still in Normal, just starting Act IV, so I'll have
    to remember this when I get to NM Act II. Hopefully by the end of the
    week. Thanks ~misfit~.

    Diane

Games Diablo Video Games