Favorites Folder

August 30, 2004 12:21:03 PM

How do I put Favorites Folder on my Desktop as a shortcut. I only seem to be
able to access it from Internet Explorer.
With Thanks
Gill

More about : favorites folder

Anonymous
August 30, 2004 3:54:40 PM

As IE is your browser, and Favorites is essentially a store of websites, why
would you want to access Favorites from outside of IE?..

"Gill" <Gill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I put Favorites Folder on my Desktop as a shortcut. I only seem to
> be
> able to access it from Internet Explorer.
> With Thanks
> Gill
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 3:54:41 PM

"Mike H" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> As IE is your browser, and Favorites is essentially a store of websites,
why
> would you want to access Favorites from outside of IE?..
>

> "Gill" <Gill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I put Favorites Folder on my Desktop as a shortcut. I only seem
> > be
> > able to access it from Internet Explorer.
> > With Thanks
> > Gill

probably easier to get to than on the start menu as i've created a short cut
to it on my own desktop.
August 30, 2004 3:54:41 PM

Is this really that hard to figure out? Let's say the OP
wants to visit a site other than his home page. He has
two choices: open IE, then Favorites, or he can just open
the Favorites folder on his desktop, click on the desired
site, and IE will open and go directly to that site. Two
steps instead of three, numbnuts.
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 4:46:09 PM

"Gill" <Gill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I put Favorites Folder on my Desktop as a shortcut. I only seem to
> be
> able to access it from Internet Explorer.
> With Thanks
> Gill

If you have Favorites on your Start menu, just right click and choose Send
to, Desktop (as Shortcut).

If you not, and want Favorites on your Start menu, right click on Start.
Select Properties. On the Start Menu tab click on Customize and then on the
Advance tab check Favorites.

Don
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 5:03:02 PM

2:05 PM 7/8/2004
How to put favorites on start menu
RIGHT CLK TASK BAR/PROPERTIES/CLK START MENU TAB/ CLK CUSTOMIZE/CLK
ADVANCED/UNDER START MENU ITEMS CHECK FAVORITES MENU.

"Gill" wrote:

> How do I put Favorites Folder on my Desktop as a shortcut. I only seem to be
> able to access it from Internet Explorer.
> With Thanks
> Gill
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 5:03:04 PM

"Gill" wrote:

> How do I put Favorites Folder on my Desktop as a shortcut. I only seem to be
> able to access it from Internet Explorer.
> With Thanks
> Gill
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 8:00:28 PM

"Mike H" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> As IE is your browser, and Favorites is essentially a store of websites,
> why would you want to access Favorites from outside of IE?..

I have a Shortcut to Favorites on my Quick Launch Bar. I find it convent to
copy a address for posting in a newsgroup. More convent that Start,
Favorites if I need to copy more than one address as it does not close after
the first copy. It is also convent for going directly to a specific
address.

Don
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 8:33:57 PM

Hi

Find the Favourites folder in Windows Explorer, then right click on it and
select Send To>Desktop (Create shortcut).

You'll find the Favourites folder here:

Documents and Settings>\<your account name>

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Gill" <Gill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I put Favorites Folder on my Desktop as a shortcut. I only seem to
> be
> able to access it from Internet Explorer.
> With Thanks
> Gill
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 8:53:52 PM

Wow.. you're a regular 'time and motion' man, eh.. two steps instead of
three.. so much time saved.. all I did was ask, and for that, you resort to
name calling?..

!