Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

CE - Charms and stuff

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 11, 2005 8:48:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I'm a packrat. I have a terrible habit of filling my inventory with these
things. How do I know which are the charms worth keeping and which I
should just toss. In my simplistic mind, I seem to think that EVERY charm
is gonna make me stronger or more resistant, or more something to make me a
better character. I need to get rid of some of these things.

Diane

More about : charms stuff

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 8:48:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Diane wrote:
> I'm a packrat. I have a terrible habit of filling my inventory with
these
> things. How do I know which are the charms worth keeping and which I

> should just toss. In my simplistic mind, I seem to think that EVERY
charm
> is gonna make me stronger or more resistant, or more something to
make me a
> better character. I need to get rid of some of these things.

Save the good ones, cube the lesser luminaries.

Mickey
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 12:26:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On 11-Feb-2005, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

> > How do I know which are the charms worth keeping and which I
> > should just toss. In my simplistic mind, I seem to think that EVERY
> > charm
> > is gonna make me stronger or more resistant, or more something to
> > make me a
> > better character. I need to get rid of some of these things.
>
> Save the good ones, cube the lesser luminaries.

Err... are you talking about the 'normal' 3 pgem reroll or something else CE
specific?
--
Don't Panic!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 1:06:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote

>
>On 11-Feb-2005, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> > How do I know which are the charms worth keeping and which I
>> > should just toss. In my simplistic mind, I seem to think that EVERY
>> > charm
>> > is gonna make me stronger or more resistant, or more something to
>> > make me a
>> > better character. I need to get rid of some of these things.
>>
>> Save the good ones, cube the lesser luminaries.
>
>Err... are you talking about the 'normal' 3 pgem reroll or something else CE
>specific?

Probably the 'normal' 3 pgem reroll.
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
-My theme song
February 12, 2005 1:10:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in
news:Up9Pd.9467$oO.417@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

>
> On 11-Feb-2005, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> > How do I know which are the charms worth keeping and which I
>> > should just toss. In my simplistic mind, I seem to think that
>> > EVERY charm
>> > is gonna make me stronger or more resistant, or more something to
>> > make me a
>> > better character. I need to get rid of some of these things.
>>
>> Save the good ones, cube the lesser luminaries.
>
> Err... are you talking about the 'normal' 3 pgem reroll or something
> else CE specific?

I'm talking about Large Charms, small charms, I have charms of all sizes
in my inventory and they all do something. But, I have an overabundance
of these things taking up my inventory space and I'm wondering if some
of them are redundant. Oh hell, I'll just list them below and maybe
someone can tell me which are worthwhile and which I can toss:

Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
Grand Charm of Venom - +15 poison damage over 4 seconds
Snake's Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
Stone Eye Grand Charm - +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, Cold Resist +
13%, Fire Resist +7%
Sharp Grand Charm - +8 to Maximum Damage, +49% to Attack Rating
Snakes Grand Charm - +37 to Mana
Tangerine Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +10%
Coral Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +24%
Large Charm of Lightening - Adds 1-8 Lightening Damage
Dread Eye Large Charm - 10% FCR, +3 to Mana, +20 Maximum Stamina, Poison
Resist +7%
Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating
Smarm Charm of Flame - Adds 1-2 Fire Damage
Garnet Small Charm of Life - +10 to Life, Fire Resist +9%
Grim Eye Large Charm - Adds 1-4 Lightening, +6 Poison Damage over 3
seconds, +3 to Dexterity, +4 to Mana, +9 to Maximum Stamina, Lightening
Resist +5%
Bone Eye Small Charm - +3 to Attack Rating, Adds 1-2 cold, +6 Poison
Damage over 3 seconds, Fire Resist +3%
Small Charm of Sustenance - +13 to Life
Stalwart Grand Charm of Anthrax - 15% Poison Damage over 6 seconds, +36
Defense
Plague Eye Grand Charm - +1 to Maximum Damage, +21 to Attack Rating,
adds 3-6 cold damage, +3 to Dexterity, +12 to Mana
Azure Large Charm - Cold Resist +5%
Rugged Large Charm - +24 Maximum Stamina
Amber Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, Lightening Resist +13%
Fine Small Charm - +2 to Maximum Damage, +16 to Attack Rating
Beast Eye Small Charm - Adds 1-2 cold damage, +1 to Dexterity, cold
resist +7%, 10% extra gold from monsters
Blood Eye Large Charm - +10% FCR, +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, +2 to
Dexterity, +9 Maximum Stamina, cold resist +6%

TIA
Diane
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 1:10:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Diane wrote:
> "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in
> news:Up9Pd.9467$oO.417@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:
>
>
>>On 11-Feb-2005, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>>How do I know which are the charms worth keeping and which I
>>>>should just toss. In my simplistic mind, I seem to think that
>>>>EVERY charm
>>>>is gonna make me stronger or more resistant, or more something to
>>>>make me a
>>>>better character. I need to get rid of some of these things.
>>>
>>>Save the good ones, cube the lesser luminaries.
>>
>>Err... are you talking about the 'normal' 3 pgem reroll or something
>>else CE specific?
>
>
> I'm talking about Large Charms, small charms, I have charms of all sizes
> in my inventory and they all do something. But, I have an overabundance
> of these things taking up my inventory space and I'm wondering if some
> of them are redundant. Oh hell, I'll just list them below and maybe
> someone can tell me which are worthwhile and which I can toss:
>
> Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
> Grand Charm of Venom - +15 poison damage over 4 seconds
> Snake's Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
> Stone Eye Grand Charm - +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, Cold Resist +
> 13%, Fire Resist +7%
> Sharp Grand Charm - +8 to Maximum Damage, +49% to Attack Rating
> Snakes Grand Charm - +37 to Mana
> Tangerine Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +10%
> Coral Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +24%
> Large Charm of Lightening - Adds 1-8 Lightening Damage
> Dread Eye Large Charm - 10% FCR, +3 to Mana, +20 Maximum Stamina, Poison
> Resist +7%
> Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating
> Smarm Charm of Flame - Adds 1-2 Fire Damage
> Garnet Small Charm of Life - +10 to Life, Fire Resist +9%
> Grim Eye Large Charm - Adds 1-4 Lightening, +6 Poison Damage over 3
> seconds, +3 to Dexterity, +4 to Mana, +9 to Maximum Stamina, Lightening
> Resist +5%
> Bone Eye Small Charm - +3 to Attack Rating, Adds 1-2 cold, +6 Poison
> Damage over 3 seconds, Fire Resist +3%
> Small Charm of Sustenance - +13 to Life
> Stalwart Grand Charm of Anthrax - 15% Poison Damage over 6 seconds, +36
> Defense
> Plague Eye Grand Charm - +1 to Maximum Damage, +21 to Attack Rating,
> adds 3-6 cold damage, +3 to Dexterity, +12 to Mana
> Azure Large Charm - Cold Resist +5%
> Rugged Large Charm - +24 Maximum Stamina
> Amber Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, Lightening Resist +13%
> Fine Small Charm - +2 to Maximum Damage, +16 to Attack Rating
> Beast Eye Small Charm - Adds 1-2 cold damage, +1 to Dexterity, cold
> resist +7%, 10% extra gold from monsters
> Blood Eye Large Charm - +10% FCR, +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, +2 to
> Dexterity, +9 Maximum Stamina, cold resist +6%
>
> TIA
> Diane
>
As far as I know, any charm that adds a + to damage is only effective on
melee weapons only. I mainly save the charms that add to resistance.
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 1:31:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On 11-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

> someone can tell me which are worthwhile and which I can toss:

Well, obviously you don't want to 'toss' any of 'em, at the least I would
hope that you would 'sell' them, even for the pittance you would get.
I was actually asking Mickey about his comment on cubing 'lesser' charms.
Lesser here meaning less valuable, nothing to do with size.
My personal take is that even those huge grand charms are good for new
characters since they quite often have low or even no level requirements,
but otherwise, I tend to sell the +3 dex grand charms and others that just
don't seem to be worth the space they take up. I think Mickey was talking
about the 'normal LOD' cube re-roll recipe of any magic item and 3 pgems.
The only one that can decide if you should keep a charm is you, will you
maybe want it for a new char sometime? Then keep it. If you know that you
will never ever under any circumstances want it, then sell or re-roll.
--
Don't Panic!
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 1:43:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:Xns95FAAEC239D24kirchbabe1verizonnet@130.81.64.196...
> "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in
> news:Up9Pd.9467$oO.417@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:
>
>>
>> On 11-Feb-2005, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> > How do I know which are the charms worth keeping and which I
>>> > should just toss. In my simplistic mind, I seem to think that
>>> > EVERY charm
>>> > is gonna make me stronger or more resistant, or more something to
>>> > make me a
>>> > better character. I need to get rid of some of these things.
>>>
>>> Save the good ones, cube the lesser luminaries.
>>
>> Err... are you talking about the 'normal' 3 pgem reroll or something
>> else CE specific?

Toss all but the following

> I'm talking about Large Charms, small charms, I have charms of all sizes
> in my inventory and they all do something. But, I have an overabundance
> of these things taking up my inventory space and I'm wondering if some
> of them are redundant. Oh hell, I'll just list them below and maybe
> someone can tell me which are worthwhile and which I can toss:
> Stone Eye Grand Charm - +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, Cold Resist +
> 13%, Fire Resist +7%
> Dread Eye Large Charm - 10% FCR, +3 to Mana, +20 Maximum Stamina, Poison
> Resist +7%
> Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating
> Garnet Small Charm of Life - +10 to Life, Fire Resist +9%
> Small Charm of Sustenance - +13 to Life
> Amber Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, Lightening Resist +13%
> Fine Small Charm - +2 to Maximum Damage, +16 to Attack Rating
> Beast Eye Small Charm - Adds 1-2 cold damage, +1 to Dexterity, cold
> resist +7%, 10% extra gold from monsters
> Blood Eye Large Charm - +10% FCR, +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, +2 to
> Dexterity, +9 Maximum Stamina, cold resist +6%
>
> TIA
> Diane
>

hope that helps clear out a lot :) 

Thanks,

Brandon

*n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 3:53:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:10:47 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>I'm talking about Large Charms, small charms, I have charms of all sizes
>in my inventory and they all do something. But, I have an overabundance
>of these things taking up my inventory space and I'm wondering if some
>of them are redundant. Oh hell, I'll just list them below and maybe
>someone can tell me which are worthwhile and which I can toss:
>
>Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
>Grand Charm of Venom - +15 poison damage over 4 seconds
>Snake's Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
>Stone Eye Grand Charm - +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, Cold Resist +
>13%, Fire Resist +7%
>Sharp Grand Charm - +8 to Maximum Damage, +49% to Attack Rating
>Snakes Grand Charm - +37 to Mana
>Tangerine Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +10%
>Coral Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +24%
>Large Charm of Lightening - Adds 1-8 Lightening Damage
>Dread Eye Large Charm - 10% FCR, +3 to Mana, +20 Maximum Stamina, Poison
>Resist +7%
>Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating
>Smarm Charm of Flame - Adds 1-2 Fire Damage
>Garnet Small Charm of Life - +10 to Life, Fire Resist +9%
>Grim Eye Large Charm - Adds 1-4 Lightening, +6 Poison Damage over 3
>seconds, +3 to Dexterity, +4 to Mana, +9 to Maximum Stamina, Lightening
>Resist +5%
>Bone Eye Small Charm - +3 to Attack Rating, Adds 1-2 cold, +6 Poison
>Damage over 3 seconds, Fire Resist +3%
>Small Charm of Sustenance - +13 to Life
>Stalwart Grand Charm of Anthrax - 15% Poison Damage over 6 seconds, +36
>Defense
>Plague Eye Grand Charm - +1 to Maximum Damage, +21 to Attack Rating,
>adds 3-6 cold damage, +3 to Dexterity, +12 to Mana
>Azure Large Charm - Cold Resist +5%
>Rugged Large Charm - +24 Maximum Stamina
>Amber Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, Lightening Resist +13%
>Fine Small Charm - +2 to Maximum Damage, +16 to Attack Rating
>Beast Eye Small Charm - Adds 1-2 cold damage, +1 to Dexterity, cold
>resist +7%, 10% extra gold from monsters
>Blood Eye Large Charm - +10% FCR, +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, +2 to
>Dexterity, +9 Maximum Stamina, cold resist +6%
>
>TIA
>Diane

There's one vital piece of information missing: These are with your
Necro, right? And he has either Bone Spirit or Bone Spear, or both, so
he's not actually meleeing, right? If so, all those that are adding
just AR and/or Dex can be re-rolled, I'm sure you have plenty of
Perfect Gems by now ;-) Let me know for sure and (if I still have
electricity, it was supposed to be cut off already) I'll be more than
willing to tell you which ones *I'd* keep.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
February 12, 2005 11:38:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
news:4j5r01da8k461eogbbjkq3qu545c0i8tlf@4ax.com:

>>Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
>>Grand Charm of Venom - +15 poison damage over 4 seconds
>>Snake's Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
>>Stone Eye Grand Charm - +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, Cold Resist +
>>13%, Fire Resist +7%
>>Sharp Grand Charm - +8 to Maximum Damage, +49% to Attack Rating
>>Snakes Grand Charm - +37 to Mana
>>Tangerine Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +10%
>>Coral Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +24%
>>Large Charm of Lightening - Adds 1-8 Lightening Damage
>>Dread Eye Large Charm - 10% FCR, +3 to Mana, +20 Maximum Stamina,
Poison
>>Resist +7%
>>Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating
>>Smarm Charm of Flame - Adds 1-2 Fire Damage
>>Garnet Small Charm of Life - +10 to Life, Fire Resist +9%
>>Grim Eye Large Charm - Adds 1-4 Lightening, +6 Poison Damage over 3
>>seconds, +3 to Dexterity, +4 to Mana, +9 to Maximum Stamina,
Lightening
>>Resist +5%
>>Bone Eye Small Charm - +3 to Attack Rating, Adds 1-2 cold, +6 Poison
>>Damage over 3 seconds, Fire Resist +3%
>>Small Charm of Sustenance - +13 to Life
>>Stalwart Grand Charm of Anthrax - 15% Poison Damage over 6 seconds, +
36
>>Defense
>>Plague Eye Grand Charm - +1 to Maximum Damage, +21 to Attack Rating,
>>adds 3-6 cold damage, +3 to Dexterity, +12 to Mana
>>Azure Large Charm - Cold Resist +5%
>>Rugged Large Charm - +24 Maximum Stamina
>>Amber Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, Lightening Resist +13%
>>Fine Small Charm - +2 to Maximum Damage, +16 to Attack Rating
>>Beast Eye Small Charm - Adds 1-2 cold damage, +1 to Dexterity, cold
>>resist +7%, 10% extra gold from monsters
>>Blood Eye Large Charm - +10% FCR, +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, +2
to
>>Dexterity, +9 Maximum Stamina, cold resist +6%
>>
>>TIA
>>Diane
>
> There's one vital piece of information missing: These are with your
> Necro, right? And he has either Bone Spirit or Bone Spear, or both, so
> he's not actually meleeing, right? If so, all those that are adding
> just AR and/or Dex can be re-rolled, I'm sure you have plenty of
> Perfect Gems by now ;-) Let me know for sure and (if I still have
> electricity, it was supposed to be cut off already) I'll be more than
> willing to tell you which ones *I'd* keep.
>
> ald

Yes, these are in my inventory, not my stash, with my necro. Well, he
has Bone Armor at the moment, but I haven't gotten him Bone Spear or
Bone Spirit just yet, but I need to do that on the next level up I
guess. Yes, I have an abundance of pgems.

Whatsup with the electricity? Not paying the bills aye? Hope
everything is ok there, lol. Sheesh, and I thought *I* was broke.

Diane
February 12, 2005 11:40:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"n2trains" <n2trains@gmail.com> wrote in news:375mgdF58rso2U1
@individual.net:

>> Stone Eye Grand Charm - +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, Cold Resist
+
>> 13%, Fire Resist +7%
>> Dread Eye Large Charm - 10% FCR, +3 to Mana, +20 Maximum Stamina,
Poison
>> Resist +7%
>> Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating
>> Garnet Small Charm of Life - +10 to Life, Fire Resist +9%
>> Small Charm of Sustenance - +13 to Life
>> Amber Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, Lightening Resist +13%
>> Fine Small Charm - +2 to Maximum Damage, +16 to Attack Rating
>> Beast Eye Small Charm - Adds 1-2 cold damage, +1 to Dexterity, cold
>> resist +7%, 10% extra gold from monsters
>> Blood Eye Large Charm - +10% FCR, +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, +2
to
>> Dexterity, +9 Maximum Stamina, cold resist +6%
>>
>> TIA
>> Diane
>>
>
> hope that helps clear out a lot :) 
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brandon
>
> *n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)

Thanks Brandon. I'm saving this for comparison with what ald tell me.
Not that I don't give credence to your opinion, I just want to see what
your differences of opinion, if any, may be.

Diane
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 11:40:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:Xns95FB2555B6976kirchbabe1verizonnet@130.81.64.196...
> "n2trains" <n2trains@gmail.com> wrote in news:375mgdF58rso2U1
> @individual.net:
>
>>> Stone Eye Grand Charm - +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, Cold Resist
> +
>>> 13%, Fire Resist +7%
>>> Dread Eye Large Charm - 10% FCR, +3 to Mana, +20 Maximum Stamina,
> Poison
>>> Resist +7%
>>> Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating
>>> Garnet Small Charm of Life - +10 to Life, Fire Resist +9%
>>> Small Charm of Sustenance - +13 to Life
>>> Amber Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, Lightening Resist +13%
>>> Fine Small Charm - +2 to Maximum Damage, +16 to Attack Rating
>>> Beast Eye Small Charm - Adds 1-2 cold damage, +1 to Dexterity, cold
>>> resist +7%, 10% extra gold from monsters
>>> Blood Eye Large Charm - +10% FCR, +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, +2
> to
>>> Dexterity, +9 Maximum Stamina, cold resist +6%
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Diane
>>>
>>
>> hope that helps clear out a lot :) 
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Brandon
>>
>> *n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)
>
> Thanks Brandon. I'm saving this for comparison with what ald tell me.
> Not that I don't give credence to your opinion, I just want to see what
> your differences of opinion, if any, may be.
>
> Diane

well I pretty much limited it to anything remotely useful was kept, things
that really wouldn't be of use to a skellymancer I just put as tossable
junk. That's for the MOST part, not all.

Thanks,

Brandon

*n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 3:33:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Once upon a time - for example, Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:10:47 GMT - there
was this guy, or something, called Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>, and
they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>I'm talking about Large Charms, small charms, I have charms of all sizes
>in my inventory and they all do something. But, I have an overabundance
>of these things taking up my inventory space and I'm wondering if some
>of them are redundant. Oh hell, I'll just list them below and maybe
>someone can tell me which are worthwhile and which I can toss:

Incidentally, this might just be a misunderstanding ... but you know
you have to put the charm in your pack for it to have an effect,
right?

Or does it work even if you have it in your stash now? I didn't know
that.

Anyway, anything with less than 50 poison damage is probably not worth
keeping. In my opinion. Most of my charms went out the window when I
started saving space in my pack for collecting things.

>Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
>Grand Charm of Venom - +15 poison damage over 4 seconds
>Snake's Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
>Stone Eye Grand Charm - +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, Cold Resist +
>13%, Fire Resist +7%
>Sharp Grand Charm - +8 to Maximum Damage, +49% to Attack Rating
>Snakes Grand Charm - +37 to Mana
>Tangerine Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +10%
>Coral Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +24%
>Large Charm of Lightening - Adds 1-8 Lightening Damage
>Dread Eye Large Charm - 10% FCR, +3 to Mana, +20 Maximum Stamina, Poison
>Resist +7%
>Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating
>Smarm Charm of Flame - Adds 1-2 Fire Damage
>Garnet Small Charm of Life - +10 to Life, Fire Resist +9%
>Grim Eye Large Charm - Adds 1-4 Lightening, +6 Poison Damage over 3
>seconds, +3 to Dexterity, +4 to Mana, +9 to Maximum Stamina, Lightening
>Resist +5%
>Bone Eye Small Charm - +3 to Attack Rating, Adds 1-2 cold, +6 Poison
>Damage over 3 seconds, Fire Resist +3%
>Small Charm of Sustenance - +13 to Life
>Stalwart Grand Charm of Anthrax - 15% Poison Damage over 6 seconds, +36
>Defense
>Plague Eye Grand Charm - +1 to Maximum Damage, +21 to Attack Rating,
>adds 3-6 cold damage, +3 to Dexterity, +12 to Mana
>Azure Large Charm - Cold Resist +5%
>Rugged Large Charm - +24 Maximum Stamina
>Amber Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, Lightening Resist +13%
>Fine Small Charm - +2 to Maximum Damage, +16 to Attack Rating
>Beast Eye Small Charm - Adds 1-2 cold damage, +1 to Dexterity, cold
>resist +7%, 10% extra gold from monsters
>Blood Eye Large Charm - +10% FCR, +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, +2 to
>Dexterity, +9 Maximum Stamina, cold resist +6%

How are you fitting all these things anywhere? Are you using a big
stash plugin?








C&J

--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 3:33:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Chucky & Janica" <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote in message
news:iplr0190j5j3dhdaqb8eqdotis48cdgpnt@4ax.com...
> Once upon a time - for example, Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:10:47 GMT - there
> was this guy, or something, called Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>, and
> they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:
>
>>I'm talking about Large Charms, small charms, I have charms of all sizes
>>in my inventory and they all do something. But, I have an overabundance
>>of these things taking up my inventory space and I'm wondering if some
>>of them are redundant. Oh hell, I'll just list them below and maybe
>>someone can tell me which are worthwhile and which I can toss:
>
> Incidentally, this might just be a misunderstanding ... but you know
> you have to put the charm in your pack for it to have an effect,
> right?
>
> Or does it work even if you have it in your stash now? I didn't know
> that.
>
> Anyway, anything with less than 50 poison damage is probably not worth
> keeping. In my opinion. Most of my charms went out the window when I
> started saving space in my pack for collecting things.
>
>>Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
>>Grand Charm of Venom - +15 poison damage over 4 seconds
>>Snake's Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
>>Stone Eye Grand Charm - +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, Cold Resist +
>>13%, Fire Resist +7%
>>Sharp Grand Charm - +8 to Maximum Damage, +49% to Attack Rating
>>Snakes Grand Charm - +37 to Mana
>>Tangerine Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +10%
>>Coral Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +24%
>>Large Charm of Lightening - Adds 1-8 Lightening Damage
>>Dread Eye Large Charm - 10% FCR, +3 to Mana, +20 Maximum Stamina, Poison
>>Resist +7%
>>Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating
>>Smarm Charm of Flame - Adds 1-2 Fire Damage
>>Garnet Small Charm of Life - +10 to Life, Fire Resist +9%
>>Grim Eye Large Charm - Adds 1-4 Lightening, +6 Poison Damage over 3
>>seconds, +3 to Dexterity, +4 to Mana, +9 to Maximum Stamina, Lightening
>>Resist +5%
>>Bone Eye Small Charm - +3 to Attack Rating, Adds 1-2 cold, +6 Poison
>>Damage over 3 seconds, Fire Resist +3%
>>Small Charm of Sustenance - +13 to Life
>>Stalwart Grand Charm of Anthrax - 15% Poison Damage over 6 seconds, +36
>>Defense
>>Plague Eye Grand Charm - +1 to Maximum Damage, +21 to Attack Rating,
>>adds 3-6 cold damage, +3 to Dexterity, +12 to Mana
>>Azure Large Charm - Cold Resist +5%
>>Rugged Large Charm - +24 Maximum Stamina
>>Amber Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, Lightening Resist +13%
>>Fine Small Charm - +2 to Maximum Damage, +16 to Attack Rating
>>Beast Eye Small Charm - Adds 1-2 cold damage, +1 to Dexterity, cold
>>resist +7%, 10% extra gold from monsters
>>Blood Eye Large Charm - +10% FCR, +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, +2 to
>>Dexterity, +9 Maximum Stamina, cold resist +6%
>
> How are you fitting all these things anywhere? Are you using a big
> stash plugin?

it's a mod, ChaosEmpires, adds hella stash and inven/cube space and it's
quite reminiscent of d1 in places :)  I love it

Thanks,

Brandon

*n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)
February 12, 2005 6:28:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote in
news:iplr0190j5j3dhdaqb8eqdotis48cdgpnt@4ax.com:


> Incidentally, this might just be a misunderstanding ... but you know
> you have to put the charm in your pack for it to have an effect,
> right?

Yes, these are ALL in my pack.

>
> Or does it work even if you have it in your stash now? I didn't know
> that.

No, they only work in the pack that I'm aware of.

>
> Anyway, anything with less than 50 poison damage is probably not worth
> keeping. In my opinion. Most of my charms went out the window when I
> started saving space in my pack for collecting things.
>
> How are you fitting all these things anywhere? Are you using a big
> stash plugin?

> C&J
>

I'm playing Chaos Empire - CE - and that mod has an extended stash and a
very large pack.

Diane
Anonymous
February 12, 2005 10:35:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:10:47 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Oh hell, I'll just list them below and maybe
>someone can tell me which are worthwhile and which I can toss:

I understand these are for a necro? Some of the following advice
depends on his build, level and other gear.

>Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
>Grand Charm of Venom - +15 poison damage over 4 seconds
>Snake's Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity

Toss 'em.

>Stone Eye Grand Charm - +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, Cold Resist +
>13%, Fire Resist +7%

Keep.

>Sharp Grand Charm - +8 to Maximum Damage, +49% to Attack Rating
>Snakes Grand Charm - +37 to Mana
>Tangerine Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +10%

Toss 'em

>Coral Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +24%

Keep.

>Large Charm of Lightening - Adds 1-8 Lightening Damage

Toss.

>Dread Eye Large Charm - 10% FCR, +3 to Mana, +20 Maximum Stamina, Poison
>Resist +7%

Keep.

>Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating

Depends on the FCR break points given your other gear.

>Smarm Charm of Flame - Adds 1-2 Fire Damage

Toss.

>Garnet Small Charm of Life - +10 to Life, Fire Resist +9%

Keep.

>Grim Eye Large Charm - Adds 1-4 Lightening, +6 Poison Damage over 3
>seconds, +3 to Dexterity, +4 to Mana, +9 to Maximum Stamina, Lightening
>Resist +5%
>Bone Eye Small Charm - +3 to Attack Rating, Adds 1-2 cold, +6 Poison
>Damage over 3 seconds, Fire Resist +3%

Toss 'em.

>Small Charm of Sustenance - +13 to Life

Depends on how many hp he has.

>Stalwart Grand Charm of Anthrax - 15% Poison Damage over 6 seconds, +36
>Defense
>Plague Eye Grand Charm - +1 to Maximum Damage, +21 to Attack Rating,
>adds 3-6 cold damage, +3 to Dexterity, +12 to Mana
>Azure Large Charm - Cold Resist +5%
>Rugged Large Charm - +24 Maximum Stamina

Toss 'em.

>Amber Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, Lightening Resist +13%

Keep.

>Fine Small Charm - +2 to Maximum Damage, +16 to Attack Rating

Toss.

>Beast Eye Small Charm - Adds 1-2 cold damage, +1 to Dexterity, cold
>resist +7%, 10% extra gold from monsters

Keep.

>Blood Eye Large Charm - +10% FCR, +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, +2 to
>Dexterity, +9 Maximum Stamina, cold resist +6%

Toss, unless the FCR takes you past a break point.

-- Roy L
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 3:32:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:10:47 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity
>Grand Charm of Venom - +15 poison damage over 4 seconds

These two should be sold or cubed as soon as you have a non-melee
attack.

>Snake's Grand Charm of Dexterity - +5 to Dexterity

This one too, unless it also has a high amount of + mana (I thought
that's what the Snake's prefix does).

>Stone Eye Grand Charm - +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, Cold Resist +
>13%, Fire Resist +7%

The resists on this one are good enough to keep, at least until you
get one that has more resists.

>Sharp Grand Charm - +8 to Maximum Damage, +49% to Attack Rating

Again, only good for melee, sell or cube when you have Bone Spear.

>Snakes Grand Charm - +37 to Mana
>Tangerine Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +10%
>Coral Grand Charm - Lightening Resist +24%

Keepers, at least for now.

>Large Charm of Lightening - Adds 1-8 Lightening Damage

Melee again.

>Dread Eye Large Charm - 10% FCR, +3 to Mana, +20 Maximum Stamina, Poison
>Resist +7%

Toss up. The resists and the mana are the only things helping you, and
they're pretty small. Me? I'd probably hang on to it, but it would be
among the first to go when I felt I was running out of room.

>Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating
>Smarm Charm of Flame - Adds 1-2 Fire Damage

Melee again, the FCR doesn't help a Necro, at least in my experience
(about the only things you can cast faster are the Bone attacks and
Corpse Explosion, and I've never had a problem with the casting speed
on either).

>Garnet Small Charm of Life - +10 to Life, Fire Resist +9%

*Definite* keeper for now, but I think *any* charm with + life is a
keeper, until I start running out of room.

>Grim Eye Large Charm - Adds 1-4 Lightening, +6 Poison Damage over 3
>seconds, +3 to Dexterity, +4 to Mana, +9 to Maximum Stamina, Lightening
>Resist +5%

Again, a toss up. I'd keep it but look to upgrade it soon.

>Bone Eye Small Charm - +3 to Attack Rating, Adds 1-2 cold, +6 Poison
>Damage over 3 seconds, Fire Resist +3%

Another quick toss. The fire resist is the only thing that will help
you once you're using Bone Spear, and that's pretty low.

>Small Charm of Sustenance - +13 to Life

Even better, even without the fire resistance.

>Stalwart Grand Charm of Anthrax - 15% Poison Damage over 6 seconds, +36
>Defense

Melee only again, the defense also won't help much once you're casting
Bone Spear, since the idea then is to stay back *always*, and
(hopefully) *never* get hit.

>Plague Eye Grand Charm - +1 to Maximum Damage, +21 to Attack Rating,
>adds 3-6 cold damage, +3 to Dexterity, +12 to Mana

The 12 mana would make me want to keep it for a while, the fact that
it's taking up 3 spaces would make that while a bit shorter, though.

>Azure Large Charm - Cold Resist +5%

Keep, but look to upgrade.

>Rugged Large Charm - +24 Maximum Stamina

Are you running or walking? If you're running (I am, with all of my
Necros) then what I'd do is stick it in the stash and see if you
notice yourself running out of stamina quicker. If you do, put it back
in your inventory, if not, ditch it.

>Amber Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, Lightening Resist +13%

13 LR on a Large Charm isn't bad, hang on to it for now.

>Fine Small Charm - +2 to Maximum Damage, +16 to Attack Rating

Melee again.

>Beast Eye Small Charm - Adds 1-2 cold damage, +1 to Dexterity, cold
>resist +7%, 10% extra gold from monsters

Do you really *need* more gold in this mod? ;-) I'd hang on to it for
the cold resist, but again, be looking to upgrade it quickly.

>Blood Eye Large Charm - +10% FCR, +6 Poison Damage over 3 seconds, +2 to
>Dexterity, +9 Maximum Stamina, cold resist +6%
>
>TIA
>Diane

Again, the last 2 are the only ones that will help once you get Bone
Spear, and I'm not *usually* looking for max Stamina on charms (but
then again, it doesn't *usually* run out as quickly as it does in CE).
I'd probably keep it for now for the cold resist, but again be looking
to upgrade it ASAP.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 5:07:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:38:35 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Whatsup with the electricity? Not paying the bills aye? Hope
>everything is ok there, lol. Sheesh, and I thought *I* was broke.
>
>Diane

Yeah, it's kind of difficult to pay off a $1000 electricity bill when
no one who's still in the house has worked in almost two months :-(
We've tried, got it down to a little over $700, but the cutoff date
for that was Thursday, and I keep expecting to come home and find it
off. Oh, well, when it is I'm gone anyway, I was *supposed* to be
moving my stuff out today, but there wasn't a moving van to be found
in the *entire* area (in the middle of the month, go figure. My father
was joking that maybe it was a Valentine's Day thing, everybody moving
in with their girl/boy friend).

But the good news is that I *am* working again, and my boss is a
sweetheart, advancing me money even though I haven't asked him for it.
Things are finally looking up again, I figure they couldn't have
gotten *much* worse (you know, my wooden head is starting to hurt from
all of this knocking ;-) ).

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 5:10:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:43:23 -0800, "n2trains" <n2trains@gmail.com>
wrote:

>
>Toss all but the following

>> Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating

>Thanks,
>
>Brandon

Ok, question, what good does this one do for a Necro? Have I been
missing something useful with FCR?

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 7:23:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Once upon a time - for example, Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:28:19 GMT - there
was this guy, or something, called Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>, and
they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>> Incidentally, this might just be a misunderstanding ... but you know
>> you have to put the charm in your pack for it to have an effect,
>> right?
>
>Yes, these are ALL in my pack.

Right, I see now that you have a mod installed. Fair enough. If you
have all this room, you might as well keep them all. They're all doing
some good. Right?

>I'm playing Chaos Empire - CE - and that mod has an extended stash and a
>very large pack.

No problem then.

Now I understand what "CE" in the subject header means. I have learned
something today.








C&J

--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
February 13, 2005 10:28:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
news:1kpt019uaeie3ui30q901tum1cd7i4gq1l@4ax.com:

> Yeah, it's kind of difficult to pay off a $1000 electricity bill when
> no one who's still in the house has worked in almost two months :-(
> We've tried, got it down to a little over $700, but the cutoff date
> for that was Thursday, and I keep expecting to come home and find it
> off. Oh, well, when it is I'm gone anyway, I was *supposed* to be
> moving my stuff out today, but there wasn't a moving van to be found
> in the *entire* area (in the middle of the month, go figure. My father
> was joking that maybe it was a Valentine's Day thing, everybody moving
> in with their girl/boy friend).

Sorry, didn't mean to pry. Maybe they'll take into consideration the
fact that you've made some payments and are trying to get the total
down. I'm in trouble too. My disability doesn't cover all my expenses,
so I had to let the power bill go for the last two months. Every day I
live in fear that I'm going to get a shutoff notice and I can't imagine
where I'm going to find the money to cover it. You can't get blood from
a stone, and I'm in that minority that, according to the state, earns
too much for assistance, but not enough to survive.
>
> But the good news is that I *am* working again, and my boss is a
> sweetheart, advancing me money even though I haven't asked him for it.
> Things are finally looking up again, I figure they couldn't have
> gotten *much* worse (you know, my wooden head is starting to hurt from
> all of this knocking ;-) ).

"They say" things have a way of working out. I don't know who "they"
are, but mostly "they're" right. Glad to hear you're getting back on
your feet.

Diane
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 10:28:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:28:15 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Sorry, didn't mean to pry.

You were *not* prying, more like giving me a chance to vent, which I
appreciated.

>"They say" things have a way of working out. I don't know who "they"
>are, but mostly "they're" right. Glad to hear you're getting back on
>your feet.
>
>Diane

Believe me, so am I ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
February 13, 2005 10:30:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote in
news:jkou01ds7pfpl5r0nqed0ievj3lhmghmm6@4ax.com:

> Once upon a time - for example, Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:28:19 GMT - there
> was this guy, or something, called Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>, and
> they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:
>
>>> Incidentally, this might just be a misunderstanding ... but you know
>>> you have to put the charm in your pack for it to have an effect,
>>> right?
>>
>>Yes, these are ALL in my pack.
>
> Right, I see now that you have a mod installed. Fair enough. If you
> have all this room, you might as well keep them all. They're all doing
> some good. Right?
>
>>I'm playing Chaos Empire - CE - and that mod has an extended stash and
a
>>very large pack.
>
> No problem then.
>
> Now I understand what "CE" in the subject header means. I have learned
> something today.
>
>

We are a community of life long learners.

Diane
February 14, 2005 12:54:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
news:q4iv01dlmu4lf5nmpcp9dqtk8nkse7efst@4ax.com:

> You were *not* prying, more like giving me a chance to vent, which I
> appreciated.

We all need to do that now and again. Believe me, I know all about it.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 7:15:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

In article <Xns95FC9382A879Ckirchbabe1verizonnet@130.81.64.196>,
Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:
>Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote in
>news:iiou01981o5gasfnrhtbn2ch7jomt2ova9@4ax.com:
>>
>> I only have two mods on my computer right now, and one of them is so
>> ludicrously tough I can't kill the first bad guy I run into on the
>> Blood Moor.
>
> Which one is that, praytell?

Could be Zy-El, depending on which version it is. If so, the secret
at the start is to ignore the zombies and go after the quill rats only.

Cheers,
Geoff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Geoff Bailey (Fred the Wonder Worm) | Programmer by trade --
ftww@maths.usyd.edu.au | Gameplayer by vocation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
February 14, 2005 9:49:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in
news:37auetF5a4547U1@individual.net:

> I'm really sorry to hear that Diane. I know what it's like to live
> with chronic pain 24/7. It's no bed of roses.

No it isn't. I'm sorry to hear about your woes as well. I know that a
lot of people often times don't believe me when I tell them i'm hurting
to sit and stand and that being a couch potatoe, sometimes, is the only
remedy for the pain, at least for a little while b/c it takes the
pressure off the disk. But, I've gotten to where I don't care anymore
if anyone believes me or not. I know I'm in pain and that's all that
matters. It's not in my head. It's real and it's bad at times.

>
>> I need to get my "handicapped" sticker yet. I guess
>> there's benefits to that.
>
> Man, they are hard to get here. The only reason I got mine was I have
> had to sit on the floor whilst waiting in line in banks etc. and bank
> managers don't like that. I've told them, it's because I didn't have a
> sticker and had to walk 300yards to the bank in the first place, only
> to wait in line for 15 minutes. Once this was made clear to my GP she
> made the required arrangements to get my "raspberry-ripple" card.
> Valid for 5 years. Apparently they're worth $500-$800 on the black
> market in the central city. Not that I'd be tempted to part with mine,
> it's been too long coming.

I don't think it's that tough to get them around here. I need to go to
the Police Dept. and request an application. Then, bring it to my
doctor and have him sign it and that should be that. After that all I
need to do, well once I get my tag, all I need to do is bring it to my
landlord and request signage for "my parking spot" and then it'll be
mine. And, I'll get the advantage of using the handicapped parking at
the stores and so forth, not that I ever really go anywhere anyway.
Mostly I stay at home. My second problem - Depression.

> She makes aweome muffins. Blueberry being my favourite but she must
> have made about 40 different flavours that I've tried. Unfortunately
> it's impossible to send hame-baked produce internationally so I have
> to miss out.

Sorry, that's too bad. It's tough when our mom's aren't around for us.
Mine is and has been most of my life 3,000 miles away.
>

> I am so very sorry to hear that Diane, It's Valentines Day here
> already, going on 7pm and shady and I have just had a nice meal and
> are currently sharing a bottle of good red wine. A rare treat.

How very nice. There will come a day, someday, when I can enjoy the day
again. For now tho, it's a rough day for me. But, just a day.
>
For those of you not interested in all this, I've marked the thread
OT, so block the thread and please accept our deepest apologies. We
must vent (per ald, thanks).
>

Diane
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 10:44:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Diane wrote:
> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in
> news:37auetF5a4547U1@individual.net:
>
>
>>I'm really sorry to hear that Diane. I know what it's like to live
>>with chronic pain 24/7. It's no bed of roses.
>
>
> No it isn't. I'm sorry to hear about your woes as well. I know that a
> lot of people often times don't believe me when I tell them i'm hurting
> to sit and stand and that being a couch potatoe, sometimes, is the only
> remedy for the pain, at least for a little while b/c it takes the
> pressure off the disk. But, I've gotten to where I don't care anymore
> if anyone believes me or not. I know I'm in pain and that's all that
> matters. It's not in my head. It's real and it's bad at times.
>

I understand exactly how you feel. I have the same ailment. with a
bulging disk. So far I am still able to work, sometimes with a great
deal of pain. But ya know, its just something I have to deal with.
Life goes on, pain or no pain.
>
>>>I need to get my "handicapped" sticker yet. I guess
>>>there's benefits to that.
>>
>>Man, they are hard to get here. The only reason I got mine was I have
>>had to sit on the floor whilst waiting in line in banks etc. and bank
>>managers don't like that. I've told them, it's because I didn't have a
>>sticker and had to walk 300yards to the bank in the first place, only
>>to wait in line for 15 minutes. Once this was made clear to my GP she
>>made the required arrangements to get my "raspberry-ripple" card.
>>Valid for 5 years. Apparently they're worth $500-$800 on the black
>>market in the central city. Not that I'd be tempted to part with mine,
>>it's been too long coming.
>
>
> I don't think it's that tough to get them around here. I need to go to
> the Police Dept. and request an application. Then, bring it to my
> doctor and have him sign it and that should be that. After that all I
> need to do, well once I get my tag, all I need to do is bring it to my
> landlord and request signage for "my parking spot" and then it'll be
> mine. And, I'll get the advantage of using the handicapped parking at
> the stores and so forth, not that I ever really go anywhere anyway.
> Mostly I stay at home. My second problem - Depression.
>
>
>>She makes aweome muffins. Blueberry being my favourite but she must
>>have made about 40 different flavours that I've tried. Unfortunately
>>it's impossible to send hame-baked produce internationally so I have
>>to miss out.
>
>
> Sorry, that's too bad. It's tough when our mom's aren't around for us.
> Mine is and has been most of my life 3,000 miles away.
>
>
>>I am so very sorry to hear that Diane, It's Valentines Day here
>>already, going on 7pm and shady and I have just had a nice meal and
>>are currently sharing a bottle of good red wine. A rare treat.
>
>
> How very nice. There will come a day, someday, when I can enjoy the day
> again. For now tho, it's a rough day for me. But, just a day.
>
> For those of you not interested in all this, I've marked the thread
> OT, so block the thread and please accept our deepest apologies. We
> must vent (per ald, thanks).
>
>
> Diane
February 14, 2005 3:39:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Not much spare money at all. The only way we managed to
> get shady a copy of D2/LOD was because my mother (who says I'll
> always be her little boy, bless her) sent us some money. She's poor,
> on a pension (In Australia) but somehow manages to send us a few
> bucks now and then.

the conversion rate for the AU$ to NZ$ means that a couple of bucks here is
a weeks wages over there ;ppp

True story. One time I went to NZ to visit the In-laws, going through
customs after midnight, the customs lady asks if I have anything to declare
eg: large sums of money. I asked her what was a "large sum of money", she
replied $10,000 or higher, I checked my small change pocket and asked thats
about $5 Australian? It got awful cold in that room :) 

Craig
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:05:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, "Craig" wrote:

>> I asked her what was a "large sum of money", she
>> replied $10,000 or higher, I checked my small change pocket and asked thats
>> about $5 Australian? It got awful cold in that room :) 

I think the same happens when Aussies visit the States.
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:07:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, ald wrote:

>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, "n2trains" wrote:
>>
>> >Toss all but the following
>>
>> >> Bronze Large Charm of the Magus - +20% FCR, +8 to Attack Rating
>>
>> >Thanks,
>> >
>> >Brandon
>>
>> Ok, question, what good does this one do for a Necro? Have I been
>> missing something useful with FCR?

CE and bone spear/spirit are affected by FCR.
!