Hi, I have downloaded the backup program for windows xp home and I started to
backup onto a dvd-rw 8hrs. ago and it is not halfway completed yet. Is this
normal or am I been impatient?.

Windows Backup Does Not Back Up to CD-R, CD-RW, or DVD-R Devices
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315255&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Copy Information to a CD in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306524

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"tmcgov" wrote:

| Hi, I have downloaded the backup program for windows xp home and I started to
| backup onto a dvd-rw 8hrs. ago and it is not halfway completed yet. Is this
| normal or am I been impatient?.

Thank you Carey, what back up method do you suggest? as I want to do a backup
prior to installing SP2.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Windows Backup Does Not Back Up to CD-R, CD-RW, or DVD-R Devices
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315255&Product=winxp
>
> HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp
>
> HOW TO: Copy Information to a CD in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306524
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "tmcgov" wrote:
>
> | Hi, I have downloaded the backup program for windows xp home and I started to
> | backup onto a dvd-rw 8hrs. ago and it is not halfway completed yet. Is this
> | normal or am I been impatient?.

I use the Dos version of http://www.bootitng.com/

Fits on a single boot disk, and has a 30 day version to try so
you know if the program works on your hardware

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:33:13 -0700, tonymcgov
<tonymcgov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you Carey, what back up method do you suggest? as I want to do a backup
>prior to installing SP2.
>
>"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Windows Backup Does Not Back Up to CD-R, CD-RW, or DVD-R Devices
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315255&Product=winxp
>>
>> HOW TO: Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308422&Product=winxp
>>
>> HOW TO: Copy Information to a CD in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306524
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>>
>> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx

>> "tmcgov" wrote:
>>
>> | Hi, I have downloaded the backup program for windows xp home and I started to
>> | backup onto a dvd-rw 8hrs. ago and it is not halfway completed yet. Is this
>> | normal or am I been impatient?.

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith