ClAy

Ok, give me lots of input on this please. How much is too much? Does it help
pages to load quicker?
Thanks in advance for your help. Dell 8200 computer.

---

clay wrote:
> Ok, give me lots of input on this please. How much is too much? Does
> it help pages to load quicker?
> Thanks in advance for your help. Dell 8200 computer.

The best refresh rate really shouldn't be something that affects your PC
performance. It's how fast the monitor redraws the picture onscreen. The
faster, the less flicker you will notice as a normal human being/camcorder.

--
<- Shenan ->

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:30:11 -0400, clay wrote:

> Ok, give me lots of input on this please. How much is too much? Does it help
> pages to load quicker?
> Thanks in advance for your help. Dell 8200 computer.

The best refresh rate will be dictated by your hardware specs. Check the
manuals for the display adapter and for the monitor. Find the recommended
settings for both. If you do not have the manuals, you should be able to
find the information online. The recommended settings may match up or the
ranges will overlap. Pick settings within the range shared by both devices.

There will be recommended refresh rates for each resolution.

With CRT monitors, it's recommended to go with the highest refresh rate
possible to prevent eye fatigue.

Flat screen and LCD monitors usually have lower optimal setting as their
technology is different than that used by CRTs and the recommended setting
may be lower than the maximum refresh rate it is capable of for a
particular range.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

And what, pray tell, is the difference between a "flat
screen" and an LCD display?

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:22:03 -0700, Wislu Plethora wrote:

> And what, pray tell, is the difference between a "flat
> screen" and an LCD display?

None. But there are different technologies and materials implemented within
this broad category. Consequently, there is variance in what is "best."

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Sharon F wrote:
> None. But there are different technologies and materials implemented
> within this broad category. Consequently, there is variance in what
> is "best."

Hmm.. I have to disagree there. In context, maybe I would not - as I see
you should have just said LCD.. Flat screen is a type of CRT. Trinitron
tubes used to be the only flat screen, then their patent ran out.

--
<- Shenan ->

ClAy

Thanks for the input ladies. You guys help a lot.

"Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
> Wislu Plethora wrote:
> > And what, pray tell, is the difference between a "flat
> > screen" and an LCD display?
>
> Sharon F wrote:
> > None. But there are different technologies and materials implemented
> > within this broad category. Consequently, there is variance in what
> > is "best."
>

> Hmm.. I have to disagree there. In context, maybe I would not - as I see
> you should have just said LCD.. Flat screen is a type of CRT. Trinitron
> tubes used to be the only flat screen, then their patent ran out.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

---

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:58:24 -0500, Shenan Stanley wrote:

> Hmm.. I have to disagree there. In context, maybe I would not - as I see
> you should have just said LCD.. Flat screen is a type of CRT. Trinitron
> tubes used to be the only flat screen, then their patent ran out.

Always enjoy a bit of trivia to round out a topic. Thanks, Shenan. :)

A former Trinitron user,
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Flat Screen refers to CRT with reduced curve on face of picture tube.
LCD displays are properly called Flat Panel.

Bob