Need a new ASUS P4

apodoc

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2002
I would like a new P4 /ASUS/ Memory combo. Where is the best place to buy these components. I am a big ASUS Fan. Also, I have been putting together AMD boards. I was wondering if installing the heatsink fan is the same thing. Any links on P4 installations.

Thanks

APODOC

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
P4PE is the current best DDR board for P4 and the P4T533 is the best RDR board.

Installing the heat sink is very simple, figure what way the power goes for easy reach, set the HSF in the socket and gently clip the four corners without applying pressure to the heat sink iteslf, once all four clips are in just flip the levers and it will lock down tight. Do not move the heat sink after you flip the levers.

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.

DrJeckyl

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
I known it's not exactly the subject here, but the GA-8PE667 Ultra is sweet!
I'm currently running at over 3ghz and over 200mhz w/ a Volcano 7+,(39 degrees celcius under load) and I'm rock solid stable. My mem is running at Cas2, and you'll love this, I'm running Mushkin PC2700 at these timings and speed...the module is great!
I hope they make a bios update with more ratios so I can push it even more! :tongue:

apodoc

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2002
Yeah the problem is AUDIO drop outs and popping on three AMD configs I Have done. I am switching over to INTEL.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You will love the IT7-MAX2 as well, the new rev has the I845PE chipset too. You will hold much higher standards for motherboards after you try the IT7-MAX2

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.