Its about time...

For another character!!

I've been playing my Skellimancer only lately, and finally got him up to lvl
84 or 85, so its time for a change. I'm trying to decide between 3 or 4
characters, so here goes

1. Blizzard/Meteor Sorc - I'll have at LEAST +5 skills, so here what I was
thinking for this one:
20 Blizzard
15 Cold Mastery
20 Meteor
20 Firebolt
20 Fire Mastery
Now I now I'll never play her long enough to get all those max, but you get
the general idea :)

2. Lightning/Cold Sorc
20 FO
1 CM
20 CL
20 Nova
10 Lightning
20 Lightning Mastery

3. Trapper
20 Lightning Sentry
20 Shockweb
1 Death Sentry
20 Fireblast
20 Shadow Master
1 BoS/Fade/MB
Or I could possibly go with 1pt in SM and 20 in WoI

or something.

So, whatcha think?

short

short wrote:
> For another character!!
>
> I've been playing my Skellimancer only lately, and finally got him up
to lvl
> 84 or 85, so its time for a change. I'm trying to decide between 3
or 4
> characters, so here goes
>
> 1. Blizzard/Meteor Sorc - I'll have at LEAST +5 skills, so here what
I was
> thinking for this one:
> 20 Blizzard
> 15 Cold Mastery
> 20 Meteor
> 20 Firebolt
> 20 Fire Mastery
> Now I now I'll never play her long enough to get all those max, but
you get
> the general idea :)
>
> 2. Lightning/Cold Sorc
> 20 FO
> 1 CM
> 20 CL
> 20 Nova
> 10 Lightning
> 20 Lightning Mastery
>
> 3. Trapper
> 20 Lightning Sentry
> 20 Shockweb
> 1 Death Sentry
> 20 Fireblast
> 20 Shadow Master
> 1 BoS/Fade/MB
> Or I could possibly go with 1pt in SM and 20 in WoI
>
> or something.
>
> So, whatcha think?

Pure Blizzard sorc is more fun.

Mickey

Short, for the trapper, only do 18 in shock web, all that it will do
for your synergies is add extra shots at 1 per 3 levels.

Trappers are fun.

Robert Klemic

short wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > short wrote:
> > > For another character!!
> > >
> > > I've been playing my Skellimancer only lately, and finally got
him up
> > to lvl
> > > 84 or 85, so its time for a change. I'm trying to decide between
3
> > or 4
> > > characters, so here goes
> > >
> > > 1. Blizzard/Meteor Sorc - I'll have at LEAST +5 skills, so here
what
> > I was
> > > thinking for this one:
> > > 20 Blizzard
> > > 15 Cold Mastery
> > > 20 Meteor
> > > 20 Firebolt
> > > 20 Fire Mastery
> > > Now I now I'll never play her long enough to get all those max,
but
> > you get
> > > the general idea :)
> > >
> > > 2. Lightning/Cold Sorc
> > > 20 FO
> > > 1 CM
> > > 20 CL
> > > 20 Nova
> > > 10 Lightning
> > > 20 Lightning Mastery
> > >
> > > 3. Trapper
> > > 20 Lightning Sentry
> > > 20 Shockweb
> > > 1 Death Sentry
> > > 20 Fireblast
> > > 20 Shadow Master
> > > 1 BoS/Fade/MB
> > > Or I could possibly go with 1pt in SM and 20 in WoI
> > >
> > > or something.
> > >
> > > So, whatcha think?
> >

> > Pure Blizzard sorc is more fun.
> >
> > Mickey
> >

> I know!
>
> But I'll have to solo a lot, so I don't like relying too often on my
merc :)

Not really an issue until you get to hell mode. Then, with a good merc
and a high level SF, things proceed apace.

Mickey

"Lordgoober" <rklemic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Short, for the trapper, only do 18 in shock web, all that it will do
> for your synergies is add extra shots at 1 per 3 levels.
>
> Trappers are fun.
>
> Robert Klemic

Ahh, good point! I was leaning toward the trapper anyway, just because I
hadn't played one in a loooooong time. So that's what it will be :)

I've made some changes now, and with no +skills (and I'm sure I could
scrounge up a few).........

20 Lightning Sentry = 3-1142
1 Death Sentry = 3-1040
17 Fireblast = 370-516
20 Wake of Inferno = 1021-1190
1 Shadow Master - more here when traps are done, possibly
1 Shockweb
1 BoS/Fade/MB

I decided to invest in Death Sentry instead of Shockweb, since DS is a
synergy for pretty much everything except Fade.......
And it looks like I have to go through all of my accounts again to see what
Assassin stuff I've got laying around. I'm pretty sure I've got some +Traps
and +Shadow stuff getting dusty.

short - I can only play the same char for so long...ya know?

> short wrote:
> > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> him up
> > > to lvl
> 3
> > > or 4

> what
> > > I was
> but
> > > you get

> > > Pure Blizzard sorc is more fun.
> > >
> > > Mickey
> > >

> > I know!
> >
> > But I'll have to solo a lot, so I don't like relying too often on my
> merc :)
>
> Not really an issue until you get to hell mode. Then, with a good merc
> and a high level SF, things proceed apace.
>
> Mickey

Heh, you should remember my playing style :)

The mercs don't last long if I don't!!

short

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> short wrote:
>> For another character!!
>>
>> I've been playing my Skellimancer only lately, and finally got him up
>> to lvl 84 or 85, so its time for a change. I'm trying to decide
>> between 3 or 4 characters, so here goes
>>
>> 1. Blizzard/Meteor Sorc - I'll have at LEAST +5 skills, so here what
>> I was thinking for this one:
>> 20 Blizzard
>> 15 Cold Mastery
>> 20 Meteor
>> 20 Firebolt
>> 20 Fire Mastery
>> Now I now I'll never play her long enough to get all those max, but
>> you get the general idea :)
>>
>> 2. Lightning/Cold Sorc
>> 20 FO
>> 1 CM
>> 20 CL
>> 20 Nova
>> 10 Lightning
>> 20 Lightning Mastery
>>
>> 3. Trapper
>> 20 Lightning Sentry
>> 20 Shockweb
>> 1 Death Sentry
>> 20 Fireblast
>> 20 Shadow Master
>> 1 BoS/Fade/MB
>> Or I could possibly go with 1pt in SM and 20 in WoI
>>
>> or something.
>>
>> So, whatcha think?
>
> I think you finally get the Marrowwalks you've been wanting so you retire
> him? Hmmmm.

I was thinking the same thing but you know it's all about the finds. Once
you got the setup you wanted it's like ok now what? LOL

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

"Sliver" <SliverREMOVETHIS@personainternet.com> wrote in message
> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
>> short wrote:
>>> For another character!!
>>>
>>> I've been playing my Skellimancer only lately, and finally got him up
>>> to lvl 84 or 85, so its time for a change. I'm trying to decide
>>> between 3 or 4 characters, so here goes
>>>
>>> 1. Blizzard/Meteor Sorc - I'll have at LEAST +5 skills, so here what
>>> I was thinking for this one:
>>> 20 Blizzard
>>> 15 Cold Mastery
>>> 20 Meteor
>>> 20 Firebolt
>>> 20 Fire Mastery
>>> Now I now I'll never play her long enough to get all those max, but
>>> you get the general idea :)
>>>
>>> 2. Lightning/Cold Sorc
>>> 20 FO
>>> 1 CM
>>> 20 CL
>>> 20 Nova
>>> 10 Lightning
>>> 20 Lightning Mastery
>>>
>>> 3. Trapper
>>> 20 Lightning Sentry
>>> 20 Shockweb
>>> 1 Death Sentry
>>> 20 Fireblast
>>> 20 Shadow Master
>>> 1 BoS/Fade/MB
>>> Or I could possibly go with 1pt in SM and 20 in WoI
>>>
>>> or something.
>>>
>>> So, whatcha think?
>>
>> I think you finally get the Marrowwalks you've been wanting so you retire
>> him? Hmmmm.
>
> I was thinking the same thing but you know it's all about the finds. Once
> you got the setup you wanted it's like ok now what? LOL
>
> --
> In a World Full of Insanity
> Here I Stand.
> Sliver

For me it's about 90+ hehe

Thanks,

Brandon

*n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)

In a parallel universe, Anti-short said exactly the opposite of:

[snip]
> I've made some changes now, and with no +skills (and I'm sure I could
> scrounge up a few).........
>
> 20 Lightning Sentry = 3-1142
> 1 Death Sentry = 3-1040
> 17 Fireblast = 370-516
> 20 Wake of Inferno = 1021-1190
> 1 Shadow Master - more here when traps are done, possibly
> 1 Shockweb
> 1 BoS/Fade/MB
>
> I decided to invest in Death Sentry instead of Shockweb, since DS is a
> synergy for pretty much everything except Fade.......
> And it looks like I have to go through all of my accounts again to see
> what Assassin stuff I've got laying around. I'm pretty sure I've got
> some +Traps and +Shadow stuff getting dusty.

I'm currently playing my first trapper assassin and she's in the mid-
seventies in hell right now and doing fine with the following:

level with + skills [points in the skill]

Lightning Sentry: 28 [20] 5-3079
Charged Bolt Sentry: 28 [20] 10 times 9 bolts 3-452 per bolt
Death Sentry: 13 [5] 7.3 Yards, 3-598 damage shoots 9 times
Shock Web 20 [12] adds a bolts to Charged Bolt Sentry, never cast it.
Fire Blast 21 [13] and on its way to 15 before I dump some points in
Death Sentry to give it more range. 585-769 damage, will be 763-977 when
I start pumping Death Sentry up to about 10-12.

1 in all shadow skills except fade or venom.

She's using just stuff I found or bought, nothing incredible, +2 traps
claws, +2 Traps Amulet, +1 all skills armor and lore helm for +1 again.

I gave her merc an Insight partizan and with it I can put traps
everywhere and throw firebombs and never need to drink a blue.

Great fun and very easy gameplay. When I run accross LIs I just set 5
Death Sentries and Fire Blast away until I get a corpse. Then its quick
work again.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

On 11 Feb 2005 10:01:09 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>short wrote:
>> For another character!!
>>
>> I've been playing my Skellimancer only lately, and finally got him up
>to lvl
>> 84 or 85, so its time for a change. I'm trying to decide between 3
>or 4
>> characters, so here goes
>>
>> 1. Blizzard/Meteor Sorc - I'll have at LEAST +5 skills, so here what
>I was
>> thinking for this one:
>> 20 Blizzard
>> 15 Cold Mastery
>> 20 Meteor
>> 20 Firebolt
>> 20 Fire Mastery
>> Now I now I'll never play her long enough to get all those max, but
>you get
>> the general idea :)
>>
>> 2. Lightning/Cold Sorc
>> 20 FO
>> 1 CM
>> 20 CL
>> 20 Nova
>> 10 Lightning
>> 20 Lightning Mastery
>>
>> 3. Trapper
>> 20 Lightning Sentry
>> 20 Shockweb
>> 1 Death Sentry
>> 20 Fireblast
>> 20 Shadow Master
>> 1 BoS/Fade/MB
>> Or I could possibly go with 1pt in SM and 20 in WoI
>>
>> or something.
>>
>> So, whatcha think?
>

>Pure Blizzard sorc is more fun.

Though I've been absent from here a long time, it's good to see your
posts again Mickey.

Almost did a Blizzard sorc -probably will next char. Build
suggestions if I want the sorc to be able to play anywhere in the
game?

Other than a vipermagi, gear will most likely be what the sorc finds.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:57:12 -0800, Dalai Lama <daiailamaSPAM@aol.com>
wrote:

>Though I've been absent from here a long time, it's good to see your
>posts again Mickey.

Other than a very occasional drive-by posting ;-) Welcome back again,
let's see if we can sneak a shipment of muffins past the Mad one,
shall we?

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 02:36:58 -0500, ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:57:12 -0800, Dalai Lama <daiailamaSPAM@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Though I've been absent from here a long time, it's good to see your
>>posts again Mickey.
>
>Other than a very occasional drive-by posting ;-) Welcome back again,
>let's see if we can sneak a shipment of muffins past the Mad one,
>shall we?

Muffins received (unless MD posts before this shows up)

Heh, I do think his sense-o-net is slipping.

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:25:59 -0800, Dalai Lama <daiailamaSPAM@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 02:36:58 -0500, ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:57:12 -0800, Dalai Lama <daiailamaSPAM@aol.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Though I've been absent from here a long time, it's good to see your
>>>posts again Mickey.
>>
>>Other than a very occasional drive-by posting ;-) Welcome back again,
>>let's see if we can sneak a shipment of muffins past the Mad one,
>>shall we?
>
>Muffins received (unless MD posts before this shows up)
>
>Heh, I do think his sense-o-net is slipping.

Must be. I usually wait 3-4 weeks before ribbing him about it, though,
just to be sure ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

Diane

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:57:12 -0800, Dalai Lama <daiailamaSPAM@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Though I've been absent from here a long time, it's good to see your
>>posts again Mickey.
>
> Other than a very occasional drive-by posting ;-) Welcome back again,
> let's see if we can sneak a shipment of muffins past the Mad one,
> shall we?
>
> ald

MUFFINS?????? Did I notice some talk about MUFFINS???????????????

Diane

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> short wrote:
> > For another character!!
> >
> > I've been playing my Skellimancer only lately, and finally got him up
> > to lvl 84 or 85, so its time for a change. I'm trying to decide
> > between 3 or 4 characters, so here goes
> >
> > 1. Blizzard/Meteor Sorc - I'll have at LEAST +5 skills, so here what
> > I was thinking for this one:
> > 20 Blizzard
> > 15 Cold Mastery
> > 20 Meteor
> > 20 Firebolt
> > 20 Fire Mastery
> > Now I now I'll never play her long enough to get all those max, but
> > you get the general idea :)
> >
> > 2. Lightning/Cold Sorc
> > 20 FO
> > 1 CM
> > 20 CL
> > 20 Nova
> > 10 Lightning
> > 20 Lightning Mastery
> >
> > 3. Trapper
> > 20 Lightning Sentry
> > 20 Shockweb
> > 1 Death Sentry
> > 20 Fireblast
> > 20 Shadow Master
> > 1 BoS/Fade/MB
> > Or I could possibly go with 1pt in SM and 20 in WoI
> >
> > or something.
> >
> > So, whatcha think?
>
> I think you finally get the Marrowwalks you've been wanting so you retire
> him? Hmmmm.
> --
> ~misfit~

Oh, he's not retired at all :)

He's just been promoted to magic find duties and levelling, so that is
secondary to the new characters :) All he needs to be complete is a
Skullders or Wealth, I guess :)

short - Heh, I'll prolly find a Skulders before I get around to making
Wealth!

Dalai Lama wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2005 10:01:09 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >short wrote:
> >> For another character!!
> >>
> >> I've been playing my Skellimancer only lately, and finally got him
up
> >to lvl
> >> 84 or 85, so its time for a change. I'm trying to decide between
3
> >or 4
> >> characters, so here goes
> >>
> >> 1. Blizzard/Meteor Sorc - I'll have at LEAST +5 skills, so here
what
> >I was
> >> thinking for this one:
> >> 20 Blizzard
> >> 15 Cold Mastery
> >> 20 Meteor
> >> 20 Firebolt
> >> 20 Fire Mastery
> >> Now I now I'll never play her long enough to get all those max,
but
> >you get
> >> the general idea :)
> >>
> >> 2. Lightning/Cold Sorc
> >> 20 FO
> >> 1 CM
> >> 20 CL
> >> 20 Nova
> >> 10 Lightning
> >> 20 Lightning Mastery
> >>
> >> 3. Trapper
> >> 20 Lightning Sentry
> >> 20 Shockweb
> >> 1 Death Sentry
> >> 20 Fireblast
> >> 20 Shadow Master
> >> 1 BoS/Fade/MB
> >> Or I could possibly go with 1pt in SM and 20 in WoI
> >>
> >> or something.
> >>
> >> So, whatcha think?
> >

> >Pure Blizzard sorc is more fun.
>
> Though I've been absent from here a long time, it's good to see your
> posts again Mickey.

Thank you sir.

> Almost did a Blizzard sorc -probably will next char. Build
> suggestions if I want the sorc to be able to play anywhere in the
> game?
>
> Other than a vipermagi, gear will most likely be what the sorc finds.

I'd go with a frozen orb/fireball combo then. That is a build that can
survive without the best of equipment.

Mickey

Question:

Has anyone actually tried max Shockweb (with synergies)? I mean it looks
cool and all, but will it kill anything at all in Hell???

short

Gabriele Neukam wrote:
> On that special day, Mickey, (mickeyb@comcast.net) said...
>
> > I'd go with a frozen orb/fireball combo then. That is a build that
can
> > survive without the best of equipment.
>
> How is such a build called? Super ball sorc?

A live sorc :eek:)

Mickey

On that special day, Mickey, (mickeyb@comcast.net) said...

> I'd go with a frozen orb/fireball combo then. That is a build that can
> survive without the best of equipment.

How is such a build called? Super ball sorc?

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

I think it was "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> that wrote something
like...

>Question:
>
>Has anyone actually tried max Shockweb (with synergies)? I mean it looks
>cool and all, but will it kill anything at all in Hell???
>

>short

Mine has it maxed but has never really tried to use it in particular
to kill with. If shockweb can hurt em, may as well use lightning
sentry I'd always thought. I would keep throwing em out as something
to do while the lightning sentries do their stuff, but can't recall
them making things that much quicker.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

My my, doesn't Gabriele Neukam <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> look
good in that trenchcoat:

>On that special day, Mickey, (mickeyb@comcast.net) said...

>> I'd go with a frozen orb/fireball combo then. That is a build that can
>> survive without the best of equipment.
>
>How is such a build called? Super ball sorc?

It's a good choice, although I suppose "ladder reset flagship MF build"
doesn't have much of a ring to it, but this, or a metorb build, seems to be
what a lot of people go for. I always seem to go for a javazon first, because
I haven't fully shaken off my "zon guy" roots, although I'm planning on
starting with a sorceress when the ladder resets (if it ever does).

My my, doesn't "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> look good in that trenchcoat:

>> How is such a build called? Super ball sorc?
>
>A live sorc :eek:)

That's one way of putting it. :)

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> In article <1108401482.171059.238490@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> [big, big snip]
>
> >I'd go with a frozen orb/fireball combo then. That is a build that
can
> >survive without the best of equipment.
>
> Could you go in a bit more detail as to what this build looks like?
> From my own experience with a Chain Lightning/Frozen Orb sorc I'm
> currently building (probably not the best one to start with..), I'd
guess
> something like:
>
> 20 FO
> 20 CM
> (1-20?) Ice Shard ?

That will work.

> 20 Fire Ball
> (How many in synergies?)

Some points in Fbolt and a point in FM.

MOST IMPORTANT: Do not forget your most powerfull skill, that being SF.
This skill should be attended to with any build of sorc, even an
enchantress.

> How does this build handle CI+FI monsters?

With a decent SF, the merc will usually kill those few that are both CI
and FI.

> My 'weapon of choice' for MF-ing has always been a Skelliemancer, but

> there must be something about this build that makes people use it. :)

Yes, namely Mephisto. With a sorc, you can bypass the time consuming
effort of dealing with Bremm and his cohorts, and simply teleport
directly to mephisto. Let your merc walk up to him while you SF him
down to half life, and then 2 or 3 orbs will finish the job. If you can
memorize the maps on level 2, you can do these runs in around 20-30
seconds.

Mickey

"Ashen Shugar" <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> I think it was "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> that wrote something
> like...
>
> >Question:
> >
> >Has anyone actually tried max Shockweb (with synergies)? I mean it looks
> >cool and all, but will it kill anything at all in Hell???
> >

> >short
>
> Mine has it maxed but has never really tried to use it in particular
> to kill with. If shockweb can hurt em, may as well use lightning
> sentry I'd always thought. I would keep throwing em out as something
> to do while the lightning sentries do their stuff, but can't recall
> them making things that much quicker.

I was trying it a bit in Act 3 Normal this morning. At lvl 2, it didn't
seem to do much at all, even with a whole carpet of them. The flayers would
run through them and have at most 1/4 of their HP's gone. I'm glad I wasted
a point in WoI, its been my killing skill of choice for the faster moving
critters. Fireblast doesn't work well when they keep running back and forth
all over the place. I did still use FB on those big tree guys though, and
it helped against the council members.

short