casull

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2002
Why hasn't THG done a comparison review of the nForce2 and the KT400 chipsets? I want to know which is faster. If somewhere else has done a review does anyone else here tell me where? Thanks!

["The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has a limit". - Albert Einstein]

bluzbrother

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
They're comparable, but the nforce2 tends to be on top. More importantly the nforce2 boards I've heard of are loaded with features. I would also expect nvidia to have the more reliable product... and that is more important than speed.

AOL-For people who like to pay extra for their SPAM

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah... but I'd be amazed to see the nForce2 come out without a few "bugs" initially. It's kinka like software, we put so much pressure on these companies to come out with these things quickly that they don't take time to really work out all the kinks... although Nvidia has been better than most at taking their time to bring products to market.

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

zeexen

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2002
Does anybody know when a mobo with Nforce2 is available? Until now I haven't seen any mobo.

If I buy the boxed version of the "hammer", will I get a box of nails for free??

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Asus also released new NForce2 mobo <b><A HREF="http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socketa/a7n8x/specification.htm" target="_new"><font color=red>A7N8X</A></font color=red></b>. It would be in US Mid November. <b><A HREF="http://www.epox.com/html/motherboard.asp?product=EP-8RGAplus&lang=1" target="_new"><font color=blue>Epox</A></b></font color=blue> will come out soon.
:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
Asus also released new NForce2 mobo A7N8X. It would be in US appx. Mid November.
Cool!!! I'll give my computer to my youngest brother and I'll pair this mobo with a XP 2400+ to build myself a new computer. Thanx!

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Faster Faster Faster. I fell into that trap once and bought the fastest board available for an AMD processor, the fastest video card, etc. Of course it didn't work. It was a problem with the VIA chipset. The problem was fixed a little over a YEAR later.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>