IE 6 not working after XP SP 2 install

I am connecting to internet using DSL. I bring up I.E. 6 browser and go to a
site. After one, two sometimes three sites the browser returns page not
found, like I lost connection. I can go to Internet and Lan Connections,
disable the Lan connection and then enable it, return to the browser, click
refresh and the site comes up. I have searched everywhere for an answer to
this. Is there something I can do to get a full time connection.

Thanks in advance for your help.

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:49:19 -0700, "Mark B." <Mark
B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am connecting to internet using DSL. I bring up I.E. 6 browser and go to a
>site. After one, two sometimes three sites the browser returns page not
>found, like I lost connection. I can go to Internet and Lan Connections,
>disable the Lan connection and then enable it, return to the browser, click
>refresh and the site comes up. I have searched everywhere for an answer to
>this. Is there something I can do to get a full time connection.
>Thanks in advance for your help.

Heheheheh.. sorry, not laughing at you.. don't thank me in advance, as I
have no real solution.

....SP2.. you shoulda waited. Shoulda waited until all of this blew over. I
knew there'd be bizarre problems. There was going to be some compatibily
glitches with some stuff, we knew that in advance. Maybe a call to your DSL
account's company is in order here. Maybe they have an SP2 upgrade or
something..

...D.