Razer Pledges Support to Mac Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Finally Apple might consider releasing Mac Pros withour Pro for less than $1500 and decent video card. Lose the Xeons and go with i5.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
Can Mac users handle TWO mouse buttons? That kind of complexity can be overwhelming!

I jest. The only thing that pleases me about Macs getting more games and gaming support is that it could mean more Linux support too.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
This apple gaming thing is great (Gmod on mac! garry said he would try!), but apple is going to have to step it up (and step prices down) if they want to keep (or potentially gain) customers.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
This is great news for Mac gamers (I'm one of them, and yes, you can thumb me down if you want), but Apple really needs to upgrade their computers faster. I've got a Mac Pro with a GTX 285, so it isn't really an issue for me, but the iMac's and MBP's need better GPU's to run the more current games, and I'm still waiting for 5xxx series in the Mac Pro. My homebuild has a Q9450 @ 3.85 GHz with a 5850, and that thing slaughters my Mac Pro in gaming.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Dito, on the two button comment only, I think most Razers have like 6 or something, and they don't keep up with the white color scheme.

Oh, and they're not magic.

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Core_Dump[/nom]Finally Apple might consider releasing Mac Pros withour Pro for less than $1500 and decent video card. Lose the Xeons and go with i5.[/citation]

why would they downgrade? the mac pros are already using core i7 xeons, and were the first to do so actually

G

[citation][nom]Hatecrime69[/nom]why would they downgrade? the mac pros are already using core i7 xeons, and were the first to do so actually[/citation]

What is this "core i7 xeon" of which you speak?

[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]You guys realize that macs have had two button mice for the better part of a decade, right? the new ones are 5 button.[/citation]

Yeah. And they refused to incorporate right click until what, OS X?

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Are there really people that try to use Macs for serious gaming? That sounds incredibly expensive for the level of hardware required and the premium Apple charges for their systems.

[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]This is great news for Mac gamers (I'm one of them, and yes, you can thumb me down if you want), but Apple really needs to upgrade their computers faster. I've got a Mac Pro with a GTX 285, so it isn't really an issue for me, but the iMac's and MBP's need better GPU's to run the more current games, and I'm still waiting for 5xxx series in the Mac Pro. My homebuild has a Q9450 @ 3.85 GHz with a 5850, and that thing slaughters my Mac Pro in gaming.[/citation]

Agreed. I tried running CoD4 on my friend's unibody Macbook with Windows 7. Still lags a lot with everything set to absolutely lowest.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
omg, companies are even worse at jumping on Apple bandwagons than their customers are...

still, fair enough, anything that increases the PC gaming community

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jrharbort[/nom]Catastrophic smug storm is imminent.[/citation]
Sorry, meant to add more to that. The one thing that seperated Mac users from PC is now being breached. The balance of the internet is at stake.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]And they will cost 30% more than the PC counterpart.[/citation]

You seem to be incredibly anti-mac, your always picking everything Mac, stereotypical or not it's rather annoying.
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]Can Mac users handle TWO mouse buttons? That kind of complexity can be overwhelming!I jest. The only thing that pleases me about Macs getting more games and gaming support is that it could mean more Linux support too.[/citation]

Yes, that too is a rather old stereotype, but atleast your kidding. Actually the first multi button (more than right/left/mouse wheel) that I owned was a Might Mouse (Right/Left/Mouse Wheel/side button combo), although I no longer use a Mac.

Anyway, it's nice to see this. I'm glad to have more gamers on board, and this means widening support and it shows that Valve knows what it's doing. As soon as Mac/Linux become easier to program for we could be talking about a true revival of PC gaming, which of course should make us all quite happy :)

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
A little off-topic, but does anyone else have problems with the hide/show toggle at comments? Tried FF and IE but no success. Actually, in IE I get :
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 00:10:04 UTC

Line: 776
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/razer-mac-gaming-mice-apple,9859.html

What's up with that, moderators?

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
where the linux love here razer? i bet linux users would actually appreciate the support, but razer would make more money because mac users would constantly call customer support to learn how to plug in the mouse.

G

$2000 for a system with a 4850...GL gaming on a Mac for under $1000.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jrharbort[/nom]I think it means you're running older versions of the browsers than it supports. Try using IE8 or a newer version of firefox.[/citation]
Scratch that, comment hiding is broken. Vote down above post please.

Status
Not open for further replies.