Sign in with
Your question

Call of Duty 4, play it now before crysis

Last response: in Video Games
November 8, 2007 5:50:38 PM

I'm suprised I haven't heard anything about this game. I'm about 2 hours into the game (my speed is probably a lot slower than most) and I'm just having a blast! The graphics are excellant. Scopes on rifles actually reflect the world as you move, lighting is real. The night scenes with night vision and laser sights are such a unique and awesome effect. I think the melee attack is genious and assigning it the 'v' key made it even easier. I really liked the part where you're in an AC130 acting as a gunner, that to me was as realistic as you can get. I work in the infarred optics industry and I can assure you that chapter cannot get anymore realistic as far as using an IR camera. There's even an effect that looks like heat comming from the exhaust of the 1200HP M1 Tank.

I haven't seen Crysis Graphics yet, almost on purpose as to not ruin games like COD4 and HL2: EP2. I want to fully appreciate them before moving to the next latest and greatest. If you got some cash to spend I'd reccomend getting this game before crysis comes out, especially if your into First Person shooters.

Lastly, as far as being realistic this game wins. It's modern warfare theme really hits home considering all the real world news in the last few years about war. The game itself is as realistic as I've ever seen and playing it I can't help but think about our troops over in Iraq.

My system Specs are: Vista 64, 4GB DDR2 800, RAID 0+1 300GB, Core 2 E6600, 8800 GTS 640

More about : call duty play crysis

November 8, 2007 6:54:35 PM

I was reading reviews and checking it out.. This game looks badass. Crysis looks good but doesn't really fit my style of game play. I like the realistic stuff over the futuristic stuff.
November 8, 2007 7:38:18 PM

Rob is working diligently on our review of Call of Duty 4 while I'm climbing over demon corpses in Hellgate: London. Our CoD4 review should go up in the coming weeks.

Personally I thought the CoD4 demo was amazing.
Related resources
November 8, 2007 8:57:45 PM

Quote:
Rob is working diligently on our review of Call of Duty 4 while I'm climbing over demon corpses in Hellgate: London. Our CoD4 review should go up in the coming weeks.

Sorry, I need to hijack for one second! I'm so very disappointed in HG:L for now. It's probably because they were forced to release so soon, but there is so many bugs. On top of that, there are things that make you wonder if they even tried to finish the game w/ certain classes. (An Example - Play to the end as a BM and try to fight one of the flying "Lies" - You'll know what I'm talking about when you get there.) So sad. :( 

To CoD4 - The demo was fantastic! They even let you crank everything up to the maximum. *I got a little motion sickness the first time I played through the demo level because I wasn't used to all the movement at first. I'm over it now though! :D  I can't wait to buy the full game, and reading about the AC130 makes me want to play it even more. (For those of you that don't know, an AC130 is a huge plane with huge guns!) Anyways, I'll post back when I get to play the full version.
November 9, 2007 2:41:15 PM

AC130 Misson in COD4:

Something I especially liked was that you get to use all three of the birds weapons system's. The 100MM, 45MM, and 25MM.

I guess the only thing about COD4 that I don't like is the endless waves of enemies that appear within a given interval. For example, last night I was in a building on the second floor trying to clear a path so I could move easier. If I stayed in the building I'd eventually run out of ammo shooting at the same group of 5 soldiers that split up and ran to the same spots each interval every 30 seconds or so.

November 9, 2007 3:35:28 PM

tmeacham said:

I'd like to ask if possible not to make the review based on the X360 version, because most of us in this forum want to hear from the PC version instead before buying it (So many games coming up I need to plan my funds properly).
November 9, 2007 7:37:43 PM

Man oh man, I'm addicted to COD4, its running maxed out on my rig, so god bless the 8800 ultra. Every one go out and buy this game immediatly. Not been able to get online however, server keeps timing out??? guess with it being the first day of release in the UK, everyone is jumping onboard.
November 9, 2007 8:31:10 PM

emp said:
I'd like to ask if possible not to make the review based on the X360 version, because most of us in this forum want to hear from the PC version instead before buying it (So many games coming up I need to plan my funds properly).

Emp, of course we're reviewing the PC version! Just for the record, I played the 360 version last night, and the PC version is clearly superior. For one, there's a noticeable difference in the clarity of the graphics. Also, the control scheme for the console version is weak. The PC version is definitely the way to go.

BTW, I love this game. The best Call of Duty since the original, I dare say.
November 9, 2007 9:18:46 PM

Hehe... I figured as much about the whole PC/X360 (Actually I can't think of many examples of it going otherwise except for really poorly done ports). I was just wondering if this was the case (Reviewing the PC version) because lately most game reviewers have the tendency to either review only the console version or barely even take a look at the PC versions and say requirements are too high and it rank it 0.5 to 1.0 points lower than weaker console versions.

Glad to hear that the game is good, I'll go fetch myself a copy then along with Gears of War. Waiting for UT3 and Crysis to be set until at least STALKER Clear Sky.
!