Controlling users on XP home edition

Hello, I would like to know how to control users on the
XP home additon. My wife is a admin, no problem there.
She has certain programs that start from the register
when she signs on. The problem I am having is the guest
account also has those programs start(gator and
weatherbug) I don't want them to have access to those
programs nor do I want them to start automatically when
the guest signs on. I don't want to allow the guest
internet access either, we are on a home lan. Currently
I am using SP1 XP home edition.

Thanks for any pointers/responses/fixes.

JoeB
11 answers Last reply
More about controlling users home edition

    Your PC is full of spyware and it's "no problem"? Also,
    you need to ascertain which version XP you're using. Is
    it the Home Addition or the Home Edition? It looks like
    the main problem is that your PC has a couple of
    defective users.

    Yep, your helpful, now go back to sleep.. As far as the
    correction that you did point out it is XP HOME EDITION..
    NOT ADDITION.. But if you were able to be of assistance,
    you would have known that.
    Thanks

    My helpful what? Or did you mean "you're"?

    I thanked you, you correct my english and spelling. You
    will be ignored! Thanks again for the corrections.. at
    least I did get a response..

    JoeB wrote:
    > Hello, I would like to know how to control users on the
    > XP home additon. My wife is a admin, no problem there.
    > She has certain programs that start from the register
    > when she signs on. The problem I am having is the guest
    > account also has those programs start(gator and
    > weatherbug) I don't want them to have access to those
    > programs nor do I want them to start automatically when
    > the guest signs on. I don't want to allow the guest
    > internet access either, we are on a home lan. Currently
    > I am using SP1 XP home edition.
    >
    > Thanks for any pointers/responses/fixes.
    >
    > JoeB

    Disable the guest account. It's not designed to be used on a daily basis.
    Create a Limited user Account, (call it Visitor or something similar) and
    you can then dictate what applications that account can access.

    Thanks, I will try that. I guess I just don't understand
    the difference between guest and visitor..
    JoeB

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:39:04 -0700, "Wislu Plethora"
    >My helpful what? Or did you mean "you're"?

    Sounds almost as if Miss vindictive bitch Miss Perpsicle got another name..
    Though she isn't quite as bas as you are...

    ...D.

    I can't believe how rude you are when someone asks for help......

    "Wislu Plethora" wrote:

> [...]

    I asked for assistance from this forum, not grammer
    critiques. thanks

    JoeB wrote:

    > I asked for assistance from this forum, not grammer
    > critiques. thanks

    Did you mean "grammar"? (I couldn't resist)

    On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:04:47 -0700, "JoeB"

    >I asked for assistance from this forum, not grammer
    >critiques. thanks

    I responded to "Wislu Plethora" responding to you, not you.
    "Miss Perpsicle" in a name used by someone that more or less cuts teels people
    they are idiots, ala answers akin to "looks like another person who doesn't
    know how to read, do it this way" etc. Just stuff that cuts wounds without
    coming out completely and saying "you are an idiot". Of course she was never
    a newbie...

    ...D.

Internet Access Microsoft Windows XP