Sign in with
Your question

Crysis - one week to go

Last response: in Video Games
November 9, 2007 12:48:21 PM

One week left, ...am I the only one this excited?!?!?

Surprised nobody else apart from pc Gamer have got an advanced review out, anybody know of anything else??

:bounce:  :pt1cable:  :bounce: 

More about : crysis week

November 9, 2007 1:18:09 PM

less than a week for me, the game's coming in at the EB store here on tuesday!
November 9, 2007 1:26:42 PM

Our review of Crysis will come soon after it is released. I believe that PC Gamer inked an exclusivity deal for that review and Chuck Osbourne probably had to head to an EA office to play it (as opposed to getting an advance copy). So you may not see any more advance reviews until they all start to hit.
Related resources
November 9, 2007 6:17:53 PM

I'm actually not all that enthused, I think the graphics will be fantastic (unlike my frankly insane brother, who thinks bf2142 looks better than crysis :S) and the gameplay will be good, but i don't think its quite so groundbreaking, apart from anything else, the "entirely destructible" landscapes only break in certain places, (oh and with the mod, i discovered that koreans are immune to handheld nuke launchers :?)
November 9, 2007 8:19:19 PM

LMAO BF2142 BETTER GRAPHICS LMAO!

2142 (too lazy to actually start the game and take a screenshot, but everyone knows how orange and white and barren it looks).

Crysis on pretty much MEDIUM.

Your brother sounds like one of my cousins, but he's retarded, his younger brother has all the brains (hes 14 and works as a programmer making software for tablet pcs - makes almost as much money as I do.)
November 9, 2007 8:25:00 PM

Yep, I'll be a day one buyer.
November 9, 2007 8:39:00 PM

stemnin said:

2142 (too lazy to actually start the game and take a screenshot, but everyone knows how orange and white and barren it looks).
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/5921/2142zi6.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3192/crysisniceui6.jpg

Your brother sounds like one of my cousins, but he's retarded, his younger brother has all the brains (hes 14 and works as a programmer making software for tablet pcs - makes almost as much money as I do.)

if it weren't for the fact that he's a lot bigger than me, I would have pointed this out, I think he says, "the only thing about the crysis graphics are bold colours, and that makes it look tacky, and fake" (i died inside, It was so embarassing, yet funny as well)
November 9, 2007 10:31:33 PM

Can't wait! day one I'm getting it. Played the demo multiple times and loved every minute of it
November 10, 2007 4:43:15 AM

Same here. It's mine on launch date. Hell if they release it at midnight I'll wait for it and take the next day off from work. muahahaha.
November 10, 2007 5:21:03 AM

Uh.. OK.. The demo sucked. The cut scenes were more exiting than the gameplay. Have fun, I guess. No, BF2142 (you still play that crap?) doesn't look better than Crysis... but I'd rather play it with whomsoever is still playing it than play Crysis.
November 10, 2007 7:12:44 AM

Quote:
The demo sucked. The cut scenes were more exiting than the gameplay.

Sheesh, the cut scenes were somewhat annoying IMO. I'll take the gameplay.
November 10, 2007 2:03:38 PM

stemnin said:

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/5921/2142zi6.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/3192/crysisniceui6.jpg

huh are u high?
November 10, 2007 6:13:03 PM

hi i got a email from EA (crysis now be available on 09 November 2007) so i login in to my EA download manager and i am download it .
November 11, 2007 12:48:37 AM

The review is out, 98/100 from PCGamer!
November 11, 2007 3:32:45 PM

gjdixon said:
hi i got a email from EA (crysis now be available on 09 November 2007) so i login in to my EA download manager and i am download it .

nice for you... tell us how it plays?
November 11, 2007 4:22:16 PM

itotallybelieveyou said:
nice for you... tell us how it plays?

Quite well. :sol: 
November 12, 2007 5:52:11 AM

Hey Guys, circuit city has it in their ads. it's $39.99 and you get a $10 gift card on top of it. $30 bucks for Crysis, yippee! They say in stores Wed, but I thought Thur was the launch.

November 12, 2007 6:22:27 AM

November 16th is the launch date. So this upcoming Friday. :D  Going to put the last bit of money on my reserve tomorrow; since I have the day off. :D 
November 12, 2007 11:37:50 AM

Pre-ordered and pre-paid.

I want the full Sandbox2 editor as much as the game.

I was initially disappointed in the demo, because I played it like any normal shooter, it was pretty, but not anything revolutionary.

I re-played using stealth, then strength and speed and started taking advantage of the destructible environment and physics.

:ouch:  "Oh, THAT's what they were talking about."

Once you start thinking outside the regular FPS mindset, it gets SO much better.
November 12, 2007 5:19:34 PM

EB is releasing it on tuesday, tomorrow. I'm getting it earlier suckers :p 
I have preordered it and got a free unlocked vehicle. :D 
James
November 12, 2007 5:34:33 PM

I'm curious myself, whats with the crysis sucks in your name? lol
James
November 12, 2007 6:35:18 PM

james_8970 said:
I'm curious myself, whats with the crysis sucks in your name? lol
James

because he cant play it on xbox.
November 12, 2007 8:15:48 PM

stemnin said:
because he cant play it on xbox.

lol funny. Nah... my rig handles Crysis fine. I just don't like the gameplay.
November 12, 2007 8:47:11 PM

I love it, but the mulitplayer (beta) is driving me nuts, I don't have any problems, i'm almost always 1st place, one of the few that seems to know how to order a tank and order a torch to repair it and using that knowledge to baserape, but it's the other things that are driving me nuts which I hope are fixed in the patch (less than 2 weeks) or in the game tomorrow.

Like I said to my clanmates, when i'm playing Crysis (multi), it feels like playing BF2 and CS:S while being Batman (wish I had a grappling hook and utility belt).
November 13, 2007 12:29:35 PM

I'm afraid I got bored of the crysis beta, mainly because of the fact there is only one map, but then I went back and tried to play battlefield, and it sucked!
so now I hate crytek with a passion, at least until the full game comes out
!