Diane

It seems the readme is correct. When you individually cube runes in CE,
they cube to the next "lowest" rune. Descending.

Diane

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:09:01 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>It seems the readme is correct. When you individually cube runes in CE,
>they cube to the next "lowest" rune. Descending.
>
>Diane

Ah, ok, thanks. Nowhere *near* as useful, but I guess it makes sense
not to have it be the next highest (Gemstone has that in the 1.10
version, and I *guess* it's kind of ridiculous for a Bowazon in Act
3/Normal to have an Enigma in her stash ;-) )

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

Diane

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:09:01 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>>It seems the readme is correct. When you individually cube runes in
CE,
>>they cube to the next "lowest" rune. Descending.
>>
>>Diane
>
> Ah, ok, thanks. Nowhere *near* as useful, but I guess it makes sense
> not to have it be the next highest (Gemstone has that in the 1.10
> version, and I *guess* it's kind of ridiculous for a Bowazon in Act
> 3/Normal to have an Enigma in her stash ;-) )
>
> ald

LOL. Yeah, I guess so. HAHAHAHA.

Diane

Craig

Diane wrote:
> It seems the readme is correct. When you individually cube runes in
> CE, they cube to the next "lowest" rune. Descending.

tehn again, with the rate that zod's drop you just cube down to what you
want ;)

Craig

My my, doesn't "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au> look good in that
trenchcoat:

>Diane wrote:
>> It seems the readme is correct. When you individually cube runes in
>> CE, they cube to the next "lowest" rune. Descending.
>>
>tehn again, with the rate that zod's drop you just cube down to what you
>want ;)

The drop rates in that mod seem absolutely insane. It's gotten to the point
that I see so much clutter on the ground that about the only things I pick up
are oils, kinder surprises, jewels, charms, and those potions that sell for a
ton. Everything else I pretty much gamble for. Just too much effort to
sift through all the junk after a large battle... like in the Halls of the
Dead. I went down there to have a look, even though I already had a cube, of
course. I think I gambled about four cathans seals just in quick trips to
town during in the first hours play. Crazy.

Diane

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in

> My my, doesn't "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au> look good in that
> trenchcoat:
>
>>Diane wrote:
>>> It seems the readme is correct. When you individually cube runes in
>>> CE, they cube to the next "lowest" rune. Descending.
>>>
>>tehn again, with the rate that zod's drop you just cube down to what
>>you want ;)
>
> The drop rates in that mod seem absolutely insane. It's gotten to the
> point that I see so much clutter on the ground that about the only
> things I pick up are oils, kinder surprises, jewels, charms, and those
> potions that sell for a ton. Everything else I pretty much gamble
> for. Just too much effort to sift through all the junk after a large
> battle... like in the Halls of the Dead. I went down there to have a
> look, even though I already had a cube, of course. I think I gambled
> about four cathans seals just in quick trips to town during in the
> first hours play. Crazy.

Cathan's fall constantly in Normal. I know there's a ton of stuff. How
about the Catacombs, and using a torch? HA!! But, I've been able to
build myself a nice collection of items in my stash and my necro is
getting through Normal at a very nice pace. I don't pick up much of the
blue stuff, very little of the yellow, but I do go for the gold items.
And, due to the Valuable Elixers, there's really no need to even bother
picking up the gold, but I can't seem to help myself, lol. Every so
often tho I find myself gambling with Gheeds. Just for a change of
pace.

Diane

My my, doesn't Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> look good in that trenchcoat:

>Cathan's fall constantly in Normal.

Although, thankfully, I haven't seen an isenhart's codpiece, yet.

>I know there's a ton of stuff. How
>about the Catacombs, and using a torch?

I can see ald going into extreme packrat mode upon opening all the chests.
He's going to need to CE-Extreme enhancement, with the multiple tristram
instances for additional stash space. He'll have to be careful tangling with
the paradimensional Griswolds, though. And phase shifted camels are a tricky
business, too.

>HA!! But, I've been able to
>build myself a nice collection of items in my stash and my necro is
>getting through Normal at a very nice pace. I don't pick up much of the
>blue stuff, very little of the yellow, but I do go for the gold items.

I pick up a few of the gold items, but most end up going into my stash. It's
like having an outfit for every day of the week, every day of every day of the
week for every month of the year for the next seven years (in muskrat years),
plus enough for uncle Earl, all ten second cousins, and the pet zebra.

>And, due to the Valuable Elixers, there's really no need to even bother
>picking up the gold, but I can't seem to help myself, lol. Every so
>often tho I find myself gambling with Gheeds. Just for a change of
>pace.

Oh, no one ever bothers picking up the gold, surely. Well, except ald.

> Although, thankfully, I haven't seen an isenhart's codpiece, yet.

I got one from Gheeds.

>>I know there's a ton of stuff. How
>>about the Catacombs, and using a torch?
>
> I can see ald going into extreme packrat mode upon opening all the
> chests. He's going to need to CE-Extreme enhancement, with the
> multiple tristram instances for additional stash space. He'll have
> to be careful tangling with the paradimensional Griswolds, though.
> And phase shifted camels are a tricky business, too.
\
Ald? Sheesh, I thought you were talking about me for a minute.
Sometimes I think I spend more time at my stash sorting out what's good
and what's not, and rearranging my stash pages so things are in order
and easily findable that it's becoming a fulltime job. Maybe now I know
why it's taking ald so long to get through Act I, HAHAHAHAHA.

> I pick up a few of the gold items, but most end up going into my
> stash. It's like having an outfit for every day of the week, every
> day of every day of the week for every month of the year for the next
> seven years (in muskrat years), plus enough for uncle Earl, all ten
> second cousins, and the pet zebra.

Oh yeah baby, we have outfits for EVERY occasion.

> Oh, no one ever bothers picking up the gold, surely. Well, except
> ald.

Err, um, <hands in pockets, looking down at ground, scuffing toe> I do.

Diane

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:50:52 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Ald? Sheesh, I thought you were talking about me for a minute.
>Sometimes I think I spend more time at my stash sorting out what's good
>and what's not, and rearranging my stash pages so things are in order
>and easily findable that it's becoming a fulltime job. Maybe now I know
>why it's taking ald so long to get through Act I, HAHAHAHAHA.

>Diane

Yeah, you do ;-) No one knows me better than Stephen, he's been the
one who I've played with the most since Diablo 1 and Hellfire V&K
days.

Diane wrote:
> Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in
>

>>Although, thankfully, I haven't seen an isenhart's codpiece, yet.
>

> I got one from Gheeds.
>

>>>I know there's a ton of stuff. How
>>>about the Catacombs, and using a torch?
>>
>>I can see ald going into extreme packrat mode upon opening all the
>>chests. He's going to need to CE-Extreme enhancement, with the
>>multiple tristram instances for additional stash space. He'll have
>>to be careful tangling with the paradimensional Griswolds, though.
>>And phase shifted camels are a tricky business, too.
>
> \
> Ald? Sheesh, I thought you were talking about me for a minute.
> Sometimes I think I spend more time at my stash sorting out what's good
> and what's not, and rearranging my stash pages so things are in order
> and easily findable that it's becoming a fulltime job. Maybe now I know
> why it's taking ald so long to get through Act I, HAHAHAHAHA.
>

>>I pick up a few of the gold items, but most end up going into my
>>stash. It's like having an outfit for every day of the week, every
>>day of every day of the week for every month of the year for the next
>>seven years (in muskrat years), plus enough for uncle Earl, all ten
>>second cousins, and the pet zebra.
>

> Oh yeah baby, we have outfits for EVERY occasion.
>

>>Oh, no one ever bothers picking up the gold, surely. Well, except
>>ald.
>>

> Err, um, <hands in pockets, looking down at ground, scuffing toe> I do.
>
> Diane

Ummm, Me to! <grin>

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:50:52 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Ald? Sheesh, I thought you were talking about me for a minute.
>>Sometimes I think I spend more time at my stash sorting out what's
good
>>and what's not, and rearranging my stash pages so things are in order
>>and easily findable that it's becoming a fulltime job. Maybe now I
know
>>why it's taking ald so long to get through Act I, HAHAHAHAHA.
>
>>Diane
>
> Yeah, you do ;-) No one knows me better than Stephen, he's been the
> one who I've played with the most since Diablo 1 and Hellfire V&K
> days.
>
> ald
Hey, whatever makes you happy. My feeling is one day I'm gonna find
something very special that I may not have found if I just pass over
everything without checking it out. Anyway, what's the hurry? I have
the rest of my life to enjoy this game, however long or short that may
be.

I'm in Pandemonium Fortress now and somehow I skipped right over the
Secret Cow Level. Cripes, got to the River of the Damned or whatever it
is and now the River of Flames. I have a sneaking feeling I'm missing
something. And, btw, these guys are getting tougher. I got my Bone
Spear and Bone Spirit, but I don't like them much. Can't figure what
they're actually doing for me. Also, I read that you're supposed to
pick ONE golem and stick with him and not split your points between the
three of them. So, I screwed that up as I have points in both Blood and
Iron golems. Didn't realize I should only be using one. I seem to like
the Blood golem as he give me life and he's easier to resurrect.

Diane

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 04:18:14 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Hey, whatever makes you happy. My feeling is one day I'm gonna find
>something very special that I may not have found if I just pass over
>everything without checking it out. Anyway, what's the hurry? I have
>the rest of my life to enjoy this game, however long or short that may
>be.

Yeah, and even after all this time playing the game I still see stuff
that I haven't noticed before (note that I didn't say haven't *seen*
;-) ).

>I'm in Pandemonium Fortress now and somehow I skipped right over the
>Secret Cow Level.

That's actually back in Act 1, but you don't want to (and can't) go
there until you've beaten Baal.

>Cripes, got to the River of the Damned or whatever it
>is and now the River of Flames. I have a sneaking feeling I'm missing
>something.

As long as you found Izual, you probably haven't.

>And, btw, these guys are getting tougher. I got my Bone
>Spear and Bone Spirit, but I don't like them much. Can't figure what
>they're actually doing for me.

Well, Mickey and I have gone round and round on the relative merits of
both (and I do have to admit he has a lot more experience with a Necro
than I'll *ever* have), but I like the Bone Spear's piercing attack,
where he likes the heavier hitting of the Spirit (I *think* that's
right, it's the level 18 (or 24?) one that pierces, the level 30 one
that doesn't, and it's late and I need to get to bed). You may need to
put more points into them to see the effective killing power they
have, which you *will* need later if you don't now, assuming you don't
have a lot of + skills stuff yet.

>Also, I read that you're supposed to
>pick ONE golem and stick with him and not split your points between the
>three of them. So, I screwed that up as I have points in both Blood and
>Iron golems. Didn't realize I should only be using one. I seem to like
>the Blood golem as he give me life and he's easier to resurrect.
>
>Diane

I like the Blood Golem too, at least until I get the Fire one, which
in AR I found I *had* to have to get past Baal in Normal, so I've kind
of grown fond of him ;-) Again, though, assuming you have a fair
amount of + skills, I'd think one hard point in each would be enough,
if you want to make them better I'd think Golem Mastery would be a
better investment. But since you're getting 2 points to play with for
each level, I doubt you've screwed it up *too* badly ;-)

I don't know, though, as I've almost never *used* the Iron Golem
except as the pre-requisite for Fire. As a matter of fact, I *think*
my regular LoD Necro is the first one that I've actually made an Iron
Golem with, and that's just been playing around waiting to get his
Fire Golem.

>>I'm in Pandemonium Fortress now and somehow I skipped right over the
>>Secret Cow Level.
>
> That's actually back in Act 1, but you don't want to (and can't) go
> there until you've beaten Baal.

Ah, ok. Cause there's a WP on the menu for Act IV for the Secret Cow
Level, so I just figured it was in Act IV.

> Well, Mickey and I have gone round and round on the relative merits of
> both (and I do have to admit he has a lot more experience with a Necro
> than I'll *ever* have), but I like the Bone Spear's piercing attack,
> where he likes the heavier hitting of the Spirit (I *think* that's
> right, it's the level 18 (or 24?) one that pierces, the level 30 one
> that doesn't, and it's late and I need to get to bed). You may need to
> put more points into them to see the effective killing power they
> have, which you *will* need later if you don't now, assuming you don't
> have a lot of + skills stuff yet.

Actually, the further I'm getting, the more I'm realizing the value of
Bone Spirit. It seems to weaken the monsters and makes it a bit easier
for my skellies and golem to kill them. It's a mana eater, but I'm
keeping plenty of mana handy just for that reason and haven't gotten
into trouble yet. I'm hoping to finish Act IV tonight, but it's getting
late. I just hate to have to start this all over again tomorrow, but
then again I could use the xp pts and I'll lvl up going through again.

> I like the Blood Golem too, at least until I get the Fire one, which
> in AR I found I *had* to have to get past Baal in Normal, so I've kind
> of grown fond of him ;-) Again, though, assuming you have a fair
> amount of + skills, I'd think one hard point in each would be enough,
> if you want to make them better I'd think Golem Mastery would be a
> better investment. But since you're getting 2 points to play with for
> each level, I doubt you've screwed it up *too* badly ;-)

When I can get to the Fire Golem, I'll get a pt or 2 in there and then
see what happens later with Baal. Thanks

Diane

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 06:38:48 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Ah, ok. Cause there's a WP on the menu for Act IV for the Secret Cow
>Level, so I just figured it was in Act IV.

Ok, I didn't know that. I haven't read anything about it in the
Forums, and appear to be having problems loading the search page ATM,
ah, never mind, it finally loaded. Check the readme for the Cow level
recipe, after you beat Baal, apparently the rules are still the same
(have to beat Baal, have to do the recipe in Act 1), but when you find
the waypoint that's where you'll end up.

>Actually, the further I'm getting, the more I'm realizing the value of
>Bone Spirit. It seems to weaken the monsters and makes it a bit easier
>for my skellies and golem to kill them. It's a mana eater, but I'm
>keeping plenty of mana handy just for that reason and haven't gotten
>into trouble yet. I'm hoping to finish Act IV tonight, but it's getting
>late. I just hate to have to start this all over again tomorrow, but
>then again I could use the xp pts and I'll lvl up going through again.

That's the level 30 one, right? For bigger packs, especially when
they're tightly packed, try the lower level one. It only does about
half the damage, but it pierces so it does that half to all of the
critters it hits, and costs about half the mana.

>When I can get to the Fire Golem, I'll get a pt or 2 in there and then
>see what happens later with Baal. Thanks
>>
>Diane

Well, I've been told that it was just an AR thing, which I could see,
but I haven't gotten a Necro to Baal yet in anything except AR, so I
can't confirm that personally ;-)

> Ok, I didn't know that. I haven't read anything about it in the
> Forums, and appear to be having problems loading the search page ATM,
> ah, never mind, it finally loaded. Check the readme for the Cow level
> recipe, after you beat Baal, apparently the rules are still the same
> (have to beat Baal, have to do the recipe in Act 1), but when you find
> the waypoint that's where you'll end up.

OK, thanks.

> That's the level 30 one, right? For bigger packs, especially when
> they're tightly packed, try the lower level one. It only does about
> half the damage, but it pierces so it does that half to all of the
> critters it hits, and costs about half the mana.

Bone Spear is the lower level. Bone Spirit is level 30.

Diane

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:25:16 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Bone Spear is the lower level. Bone Spirit is level 30.
>>
>Diane

Ah, ok, then try the Bone Spirit ;-) Twice the punch (but only to one
monster), but twice the mana cost.

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:25:16 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Bone Spear is the lower level. Bone Spirit is level 30.
>>>
>>Diane
>
> Ah, ok, then try the Bone Spirit ;-) Twice the punch (but only to one
> monster), but twice the mana cost.
>
> ald
'
Oddly enough, I'm not incurring much cost to mana. Possibly I'm
carrying something that's protecting that. However, I stock up on Super
Mana's anyway.

Still didn't kill Baal yet. But, I will. I got all the time in the
world, lol.

Diane