Oblivion for Xbox 360

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I've owned Oblivion for PC for a while now. Certain things about the game are cool but it really bugs me that I can't play with decent framerates.

I just reinstalled after a fresh Windows Xp do-over and I still get choppy gameplay. I like the graphics but they're not good enough IMO to justify these kinds of constant peformance issues.

So now that I have a 360 I was wondering about the Oblivion experience on console. A place where I live is selling it for $14.99 (not the game of the year edition - that's still like $50). Perhaps this game that irritiates me at times on the PC would be a perfect "couch game". I could just play in small doses and not worry about performance related issues; they'd be beyond my control anyway.

I've read some reviews that say it's a little choppy on the 360 as well. How choppy is "a little choppy"? If it annoys me on the PC will I get the same feelings with the console version? How is playing it with a gamepad?

Thanks for any replies. This site usually is a good place for advice.

I know $15 isn't much but I don't want to spend it if it's a waste.

There aren't any copies to rent anywhere in my town - I've checked. Is that intentional by Bethesda?

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
since I haven't played the console version of oblivion, I can't say, but I was gonna go watch some youtube videos, but hell, you could lol, too choppy for me :p

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I've played some of it. I strongly prefer the PC version, mostly for the mods. Also, you will need to buy any downloadable content on Xbox Live for the Xbox version.

Felt unacceptably choppy in open area combat, but I'm more sensitive to that than most.

mrmez

Splendid
DONT play Oblivion on a console PLEASE!
I completed Morrowind on PC, and decided to try it out on xbx.
Lasted about 3min of gameplay. It looked ok, but the controls are just not suited to it, they just are not accurate enuf.

D/L a demo if u can?

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I own the PC version and have played the 360 one as well. Performance generally stays pretty smooth on the 360 version of the game, but I've found that it runs better on my PC while also looking noticeably better. Still, if the 360 version is the only way you'll really be able to play it, then go for it.

smokedyou911

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
We own both, the graphics on the 360 in hd can't compare to it on pc @1024x768 highest settings. The game is also dumbed down a bit for 360, some of the weapons and other things are taken out. The PC version is better.

smokedyou911

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
We own both, the graphics on the 360 in hd can't compare to it on pc @1024x768 highest settings. The game is also dumbed down a bit for 360, some of the weapons and other things are taken out. The PC version is better.