Administrator/Administrator Account

mona

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004

Hi,
Here is the story.My sister's son is the only Admin user
of the computer.Now my sister wants to create admin
account for herself. If she does it, the original Admin
account will desappear with all her son's files etc. From
Kim Komando website I have learnt how to bring it back.
Here it is: (my question is at the end)
The default Administrator/Administrator
account disappears when a second administrator account is
created. It's still on the computer, but you can't
see or access it. The logic of that escapes me, but
that's the way it is.You can restore
Administrator/Administrator by editing the Registry, The
Registry is the database that tells Windows how to run.
Mess it up and you'll have a dead computer. So back it up
before you edit it. I have information on backing up the
Registry here.
To make the Registry change:

1. Click Start>>Run
2. In the box,
enter "regedit" (without the quotes).
Click OK
3. In the Registry Editor,
navigate down to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\

CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList
4. Right-click on the empty area
in the right panel
5. Click New>>DWORD Value. In the
box, type the word
Administrator
6. Double-click Administrator
7. In the Edit DWORD Value
Window, under Value Data:,
change the number 0 to 1
8. Click OK
9. Close the Registry Editor
10. Reboot

If Administrator is already
present, skip steps 4 and 5.
After rebooting, you should be
back in business.
OK, I tried this on my computer and yes original
Admin/Admin account is visable when I open Users accounts
but not on the Welcome Screen. Any idea how to bring
original Admin account back to Welcome Screen after
creating another Admin account. (My sister really needs
to have admin account not the limited one...)
Your help will be highly appreciated.
Mona

Hi,

Please read here about the behaviour of the Administrator's account when u
have more than 1 account.

http://www.connectedhomemag.com/HomeOffice/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=24808

Regards
M. Rajesh