Which channel to use??

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 9, 2004 3:27:11 PM

I have a desktop with the Microsoft MN-730 wireless adapter and a laptop
with the Microsoft MN-720 wireless adapter and a Linksys WRT54G wireless
router.

The desktop computer would establish connection with the router ONLY when
channel #6 is selected at the router (the basestation). At the other hand,
the laptop computer will never establish a connection as long as the channel
# 6 is selected at the basestation. When another channel is selected, the
laptop with the MN-720 will establish a connection and the desktop with the
MN-730 will lose the connection!

Any advise on how to get around this situation?
Thanks..

More about : channel

August 21, 2004 11:54:53 PM

> The desktop computer would establish connection with the router ONLY when
> channel #6 is selected at the router (the basestation). At the other hand,
> the laptop computer will never establish a connection as long as the
channel
> # 6 is selected at the basestation. When another channel is selected, the
> laptop with the MN-720 will establish a connection and the desktop with
the
> MN-730 will lose the connection!

I had the same problem until I switched ALL the wireless stuff to the same
brand. I have no idea why - but it worked. I often have trouble getting my
laptop to work in public networks for what appears to be the same reason.
All my stuff is Linksys.

Not much help, I'm sure. But it worked for me

Dave
!