Games you've completed more than once.

polarity

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2003
So you've just completed a game, and it's so good you start it up again and run through from scratch.

Any games you've done this with?

For me it's the whole of CoD, CoD:UO and COD2. I played them all back to back over a few days, then did it all again. You get to try some different combat styles this way.

I did the orange box too (except HL2 and TF2), mainly because of the director commentary though, so it only half counts. I had to stop myself from replaying portal for a 4th time though, as I just have to get to the end once I've started. Second time I was really ruthless with the AI though, knocking cameras off and trashing turrets without hesitation. What the computer said after I toasted WCC was believable that time ;)

I guess stuff like KotOR would be good to do this with, as it can be played different ways, except I can't bring myself to be dark side.

[didn't want to add OT stuff to the not completed thread]

enPhotic

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
Half-Life
HL2 & Episode 1
Oblivion
COD 2
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Dark Messiah
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - This one actually has 3 different endings, I tried all of 'em.
I was playing through Gran Turismo 3 again recently, but I got to the endurance races and didn't feel up to it.

I pretty much always start each game on the default difficulty (sometimes even easy mode), then second time through crank up the difficulty. With the exception of any new Half-Life game, I just go straight to Hard every time.

polarity

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2003
I did the second stalker ending from save games, as there's a bit too much walking in that game which gets boring. For the third/open the door ending I didn't have any older saves to keep me from walking back through the game, so I rushed through that one with some help from a dragunov. Rubbish way of doing it, but it's the best ending.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Half life 1 many times because it's the only game my sister would let me play, if I played Starcraft or any other game she would boot me off (Yeah, I know she's 1/4 my size, but she screams so loud it pierces duct tape).

Edit, a list

Half Life
Goldeneye (N64)
Starcraft
Homeworld Cataclysm
Duke Nukem 64
Killer Instinct I & II (and GOLD, the arcade one lol)
Diablo/Diablo II/LoD
Guild Wars (all the chapters except the expansion, too bored to play)
Halo (Xbox - beat it many times on all the difficulties and i'm still a Halo hater lol)

I haven't been replaying newer games, been playing mostly multiplayer since 04, from 02 to 04 not really played many games.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I am currently re-starting CoD 4, which I believe to easily be the best of the series. I havent enjoyed a game as much as this one in a long time. I just cant wait till I get my 8800GTS 640mb 65nm refresh so I can turn the rest of the options and res up that I dont have all the way up right now!

Best,

3Ball

General_Disturbance

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
Jedi Knight Dark Forces II: 5x
Mysteries of the Sith: 4x
Half Life 1: 2x
System Shock 2: 2x
Soldier of Fortune Double Helix: 2x
Far Cry: 4x
Medal of Honour, various expansions: 2-4x
Half Life 2: 3x
HL Episode 1: 2x
Doom3: 3x

Desert Combat: not really a game you play "to the finish over again", but I played it almost constantly for what, the 2 years it was awesome, before those d**ks at EA released BF2, noobified the franchise and ruined it. Don't tell me you liked anything after 1942 cause I won't listen, and it only lets us all know you're a noob. God I miss circle of death with the Hind!

Likely forgetting several in there!

The Max Payne series...played them several times....
Deus X: 3x

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I'm right there with you, 3Ball. Call of Duty 4 just made the list tonight. It's that good.

Also:
GoldenEye
Call of Duty
Half-Life
Half-Life 2 (PC and Xbox)
BioShock (PC and 360)
The Chronicles of Riddick (ditto)
Resident Evil 4 (GameCube and Wii)
FEAR

Excluding strategy games which offers lots of replay value, the following is my list of games I've played more than once:

X-Wing
Tie-Fighter
X-Wing - Alliance
Privateer
Privateer II
X2 - The Return
Half-Life
Morrowind
Jedi Knight Academy
Jedi Knight II - Outcast
KOTOR I
KOTOR II
Hitman 2
Doom 3
Far Cry
Halo
Unreal
Fallout 2

Probably some other ones that I can't remember.

liswara

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
Jagged Alliance 2 (7X)
Jagged Alliance : Unfinished Business (2X)
jagged Alliance : Wildfire (2X)

I wonder why they don't make Jagged Alliance 3 :(

airblazer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
1.Deus Ex- The best single player game of all time. And multiplayer was a hoot..
2. BF2- The best multiplayerplayer game of all time. I get to shoot people, drive tanks and fly jets and choppers=heaven..yes it has bugs but goddamn i paid €50 for it..and have played over 650 hours on it in two years...now that's value for money.
3.Far Cry- Loved the game.Half-Life- Great game but not as good as no 1.
4.Half-Life- Great game but not as good as no 1
5.Half-Life 2- Good game but way overhyped.

polarity

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2003
BF2: I've got over 500 hours in one year, all on one server. I miss DC, especially the M109, MLRS and indirect fire (BF2 arty sucks), the better damage system (I used to be a serious tanker, angle the hull to the enemy and the shots would bounce off), and being able to slap single C4 on a tanks rear end without the turret spinning and taking you out. The only reason I've got that much time with BF2 at all is because the players on the server are so much fun to play with (a lot of them are or have been in service, so they play well as a team), and our admin keeps the immature noobs off the server.

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
oblivion: about 5 times (never finished everything on one character but once you have made a character that has reflect damage 100%, you really need to restart the game)
KOTOR 1 (i actually played on the xbox) came to me at a time when i had basically nothing to do for ages, by the time i was finished with it, i had played through it at least 10 times (no exaggeration)
(kotor 2 sucked compared)
I played through zelda games many times (nowadays most frequently on emulators so it is still a pc game.... sort of :p)
halo 1, actually (at the time, I was still stuck on goldeneye for the n64, you have no idea how good halo looked then)
there are probably other games, but i can't remember them.... (the games I do play tend either to be 1 time through, or quasi-obsessive playing)

Octagonz

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2007
Games i finish more than once:

Half-Life 2
Far Cry
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
F.E.A.R.
DiabloII

I play battlefield 2142 all the time is like you finish the game many times, lol
Currently im playng Bioshock, i havent finish yet, and will be playing Crysis very soon ;-)

CPU: Intel Core Duo E8650 @ 3Ghz
Graphic Card: GeForce 7950GT
Motherboard: EVGA 680i SLI
HDD: Wester Digital Raptor 74Gb 10.000Rpm
Ram: 2Gb Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800)
Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700-LED Super Aero Flower
Sound: Creative Xfi Elite Pro
PSU: Enermax 600w
Case: Thermaltake Kandalf
Monitor: 22" Asus Widescreen

Have a look at my Blog about games, hardware and computing!

saintones

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
Great thread, you guys are bringing back some memories...
The thief series 1-3
Kotor 1,2
Fallout 1,2
Starcraft (still one of my favorites stories and characters)
HL 2
Max Payne 1,2
Deus Ex 1,2
C+C pick one (some I did on the playstation )

Im getting a new comp after Christmas, can't wait to start a new batch of games!!!

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
I almost never do that but I did with Deus Ex1 and HL2. I will probably do it with STALKER but my current system is just not good enough to play the game as it needs to be played so I postponed that till I've upgraded.

*edit* Oops, forgot Max Payne (and I must admit in shame that I did not even finish Max Payne 2. Somehow it did not do the same thing to me as the first one).

spoonboy

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
Half life 1, everything up until you come to the surface for the first time, and the whole 'surface tension' chapter, ...for me cant be beaten by anything.

Must have redone just about every game i ever bought. Is that unusual? (hence thread?)

pip_seeker

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Nintendo original

Super Mario 1, 2, 3
Nintendo golf
Star Voyager
Tecmo Bowl
Tag Team Wrestling
Ninja Gaiden
Castlevania
ChessMaster

Computer games:

SimCity 2000, 3000
AOE 1, 2 Age of Kings etc.
RailRoad Tycoon II
Madden (not every year but several different versions.)
Doom (original)
Quake (original)
Max Payne

Played alot run once / never again

HitMan 1, 2
Doom III
Dungeon Seige
Doom II
Half Life 2
sacrifice
COD 1
BF 1942
Rainbow 6 several versions
Splinter cell
In cold blood [really good game tho', but don't really like reruns lol]

There's a few more that I played never finished couple of them was space games. Just got bored with them.
Started Neverwinter nights two times now and never have gotten that far either time... gets too boring.

Still play SimCity, AOE, RailRoad tycoon occasionally. The best part to those games is replayability. Each time you start it up it's always different.

airblazer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
yep..forgo about JK2 and Max Payne..wasn't too impressed with the 2nd one..the bullet time was way better in the first one..

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Two "for sure" game series I can think of:

Gothic and Gothic 2 - have completed every possible faction and profession. That's a lot of hours right there.

Baldur's Gate - 3 or 4 times. I can't remember if I finished my 4th game. I just love that gameworld; running around the Sword Coast. I might play it again but I think I've seen all there is to see.

I've replayed a lot of other games but usually I quit before I'm done. HL 2 is a great example. I just can't keep myself playing to finish it a second time.