gigabyte 7rvaxp and ati radeon9700pro

elmers

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2002
I just recently bought a ATI Radeon 9700pro and looked inside the manual before installing it. It says that for non-intel chipsets, you will have to install a VGART driver for VIA, or else windows may not run properly, like fail to recognize the agp memory. I was able to install the drivers before placing the card, but now, I just bought a new gigabyte 7vraxp, and wonder how I will install the drivers. Would I have to go under safe mode and download it from there? (How do you under safe mode again?)

About flash bios, I am quite unsure what its use is really. You can still just update the bios without having to do all that correct?

And about thermal pasting, what would be the proper way if there was thermal tape on the CPU? I heard that thermal paste (silver artic III) is much more efficient than tape. Thanks to all, if there are anything else that would be useful please say! :)

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
Once you set up your new system with a fresh instal of windows just go to Via's website and download the 4in1 drivers. They include everything you need. As for the bios flas utility it just makes it easier to flash your Bios. Though most people don't recommend flashing from the internet in case you lose your connection or get a corrupted file.
Artic Silver 3 will lower your temps by approx 5 degrees. Go to their website and follow their directions for applying it.

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=327" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>