Where is a list of commands that XP will recognize from co..

Where is a list of commands that XP will recognize from command
prompt?

Such things I am looking for are a list of things you might type in
like gpedit.msc and control userpasswords2, etc....

Not talking about DOS commands like ATTRIB, DIR, etc..

Also what they do.

More interested in XP than Pro but will take both.

Thanks so much for your kindness.
Patty

Click on My Computer, Click on Help and Support when the pages comes
up search on commands. They list all the commands.
TonySper

"Patty Amas" <pattyjamas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Where is a list of commands that XP will recognize from command
prompt?

Such things I am looking for are a list of things you might type in
like gpedit.msc and control userpasswords2, etc....

Not talking about DOS commands like ATTRIB, DIR, etc..

Also what they do.

More interested in XP than Pro but will take both.

Thanks so much for your kindness.
Patty

Help/Support doesnt list all cmds in xp,try search at microsoft,or actually
TechNet at microsoft,type:Command-line refrence A-Z
Or/and, Command shell overview Both from TechNet

"Patty Amas" wrote:

> Where is a list of commands that XP will recognize from command
> prompt?
>
> Such things I am looking for are a list of things you might type in
> like gpedit.msc and control userpasswords2, etc....
>
> Not talking about DOS commands like ATTRIB, DIR, etc..
>
> Also what they do.
>
> More interested in XP than Pro but will take both.
>

> Thanks so much for your kindness.
> Patty

Type:HELP In cmd

"Patty Amas" wrote:

> Where is a list of commands that XP will recognize from command
> prompt?
>
> Such things I am looking for are a list of things you might type in
> like gpedit.msc and control userpasswords2, etc....
>
> Not talking about DOS commands like ATTRIB, DIR, etc..
>
> Also what they do.
>
> More interested in XP than Pro but will take both.
>

> Thanks so much for your kindness.
> Patty

Is there an online guide to refer to in case I have XP problems and
cannot access the Help? I like something I can print out and sometimes
I help people (neighbors) for free since I am in IT. I do not have XP
at home on my machine.

Thanks,
Patty

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<3gnZc.68709$_h.66324@bignews3.bellsouth.net>...
> Click on My Computer, Click on Help and Support when the pages comes
> up search on commands. They list all the commands.
> TonySper
>
> "Patty Amas" <pattyjamas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Where is a list of commands that XP will recognize from command
> prompt?
>
> Such things I am looking for are a list of things you might type in
> like gpedit.msc and control userpasswords2, etc....
>
> Not talking about DOS commands like ATTRIB, DIR, etc..
>
> Also what they do.
>
> More interested in XP than Pro but will take both.
>

> Thanks so much for your kindness.
> Patty

Patty,
When you use the Help & Support and list the commands it gives you the
option to print. You should be able to print all the commands that
they list.

Is there an online guide to refer to in case I have XP problems and
cannot access the Help? I like something I can print out and sometimes
I help people (neighbors) for free since I am in IT. I do not have XP
at home on my machine.

Thanks,
Patty

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Click on My Computer, Click on Help and Support when the pages comes
> up search on commands. They list all the commands.
> TonySper
>
> "Patty Amas" <pattyjamas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Where is a list of commands that XP will recognize from command
> prompt?
>
> Such things I am looking for are a list of things you might type in
> like gpedit.msc and control userpasswords2, etc....
>
> Not talking about DOS commands like ATTRIB, DIR, etc..
>
> Also what they do.
>
> More interested in XP than Pro but will take both.
>

> Thanks so much for your kindness.
> Patty

Yes, I realize that. But I am not on XP yet but like to keep reference
on cerain items. I found a few sites that offer such.
Thanks much though
Patty
"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<Q7l_c.16143$Np2.6069@bignews4.bellsouth.net>...
> Patty,
> When you use the Help & Support and list the commands it gives you the
> option to print. You should be able to print all the commands that
> they list.
> TonySper
>
> "Patty Amas" <pattyjamas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there an online guide to refer to in case I have XP problems and
> cannot access the Help? I like something I can print out and sometimes
> I help people (neighbors) for free since I am in IT. I do not have XP
> at home on my machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Patty
>

> "TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > Click on My Computer, Click on Help and Support when the pages comes
> > up search on commands. They list all the commands.
> > TonySper
> >
> > "Patty Amas" <pattyjamas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Where is a list of commands that XP will recognize from command
> > prompt?
> >
> > Such things I am looking for are a list of things you might type in
> > like gpedit.msc and control userpasswords2, etc....
> >
> > Not talking about DOS commands like ATTRIB, DIR, etc..
> >
> > Also what they do.
> >
> > More interested in XP than Pro but will take both.
> >

> > Thanks so much for your kindness.
> > Patty

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:3Sr71J-0m34J:sqljunkies.com/WebLog/JoshCrosby/archive/2004/02/26/1319.aspx+windows+commands+run+%22gpedit.msc%22&hl=en

http://sqljunkies.com/WebLog/JoshCrosby/archive/2004/02/26/1319.aspx