call of duty 4...perpective of a vet.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

WOW

i don't even know where to begin to start on this thread. I have played and beaten every call of duty out there, yes even the lame one not worth naming. not to mention moah, DoD, Battle Field...etc. Up until now i would have said call of duty 2 was the most emersive well designed "war simulator" to date. while it can be argued some are more realitic weaponary wise or another has better AI. Call of Duty 2 had a personal feel none of the others had. Then i got call of duty 4...Again WOW. the single player story line while competely fictional, in contrast to pervious incarnations...was all to plausible and very compelling. I don't want to spoil the game for anyone but i do have to say that the relationships between many of the characters and there interactions to get things done was the most realistic thing i have ever seen in a game of this genre. I served, i don't want to even get into peeps asking what i did or did i kill someone....point is this. That game is the most accurate representation of military personal (pysche wise) and the slight of hand uncle sam is all to good at while bringing some of the best graphix for the genre to date. I urge any and all gamers to get this one....

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Got COD4 pre-ordered from Amazon but it has not shown up yet. I already have a copy since last week on the 5 finger discount plan. The COD games have all been fun to play and 100% trouble free bug wise as well so I don't mind paying for the game even though I don't really need to. I think I'm going to buy World In Conflict also. WIC is a RTS not a FPS and it is awesome. You should check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_in_Conflict

http://www.worldinconflict.com/

WIC_Tank_Skirmish.jpg

tallguy1618

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
Yes, it may be good but what about the Arabs that it forces you to fight? How do you think they feel hearing all these people saying how much they love a game in which most of the point is to kill Arabs.

Madrox

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
^ Fun killer

Anyways. I just recently finished serving and i can honestly say the British sniper mission and what i call the Baghdad missions brought some memories back. It was an amazing game in my opinion in Singleplayer and the Multiplayer is iffy but i still love it. I'm not a fan boy of CoD games. This is the first i will willingly play online because it doesn't have grenade spammers and the questionable players that are TOO good Wink*.

And I'm glad to see a game using some tactics, breaching the buildings was kinda nice to see, and not just the door opening, going in and stuff dies like most games. Hopefully in the future game designers will go and study these things and make people feel like they are really there.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I have never served, and probably never will, but my friend just left to go over to Iraq about 3 or 4 months ago so I enjoy playing this game and pretending like I am him. lol, I have communicated with him and he says they have been able to play it alittle bit on the xbox 360 and everyone over there seems to love it as well. It is my favorite game of all my new ones that I have bought so far...and I have pretty much grabbed all the recent games that just came out and have everything else pre-ordered as well...Unreal will take my cake though...since that is my fave franchise! lol, but yes CoD 4 IMO is the best of all the CoD's without question.

Best,

3Ball

madderhatter

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007

First, how do you know they are arabs ? Insurgents come from all over the place. Secondly, I could care less what they are thinking or saying - the game's a blast.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

umm actually you fight russians, ukrainians and arabs...there not exactly pointing fingers just keping the story line relavent to modern day politics. If you really want to get picky you could say how do all the germans feel over all the other call of duties not to mention they're (ie nazis) the bad guys in a number of survial horror games. judge a person by what they do and how they treat you....not by some stereo type, media propaganda, or any other short sighted ingonrance. that said i don't think anyone on this thread even said anything negative about anyone's background. its a game, just enjoy it.

ChUnK

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Now I am anxious to buy this game but wanted to know for multiplayer if the Xbox 360 game servers are the same as the PC servers? I have a few friends with this game for the Xbox but I dont like console games so I wanted to join them through the PC and really kick some BUTT! :)

Thanks!

tkpb938

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007

...wow
That was the most illogical thing I've ever heard. If you're totally against killing in video games thats fine, but you're saying its bad to kill arabs in video games, yet its okay to kill white people in rainbow six, koreans in crysis, black people in Grand Theft Auto etc. etc. Race is irrelevant, we are all people, its that simple...

krisboro

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
Definitely one for the adrenaline junkies out there. This game is awesome from start to finish. You can talk Crysis up all day long, but in terms of pure excitement (and longevity) this game kicks it's ass up one side and down the other. It even has a good ending. I'm with atomicWAR when he says this is as close as it gets to the real thing. For those who haven't played the game, but are going to, wait till you are all gillied up and crawling through long grass, surrounded by enemy, trying not to be seen. You will feel your heart beating in that vein in the side of your head. Breathtaking game...

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd like to play COD4 but I can't. Got a buddy who is an x-marine and he will not get off the computer. He got sick pleasure during the whole C130 mission. It was just like that one FLIR video floating around the internet. I'm thinking about calling into work sick so I can get a turn. Needless to say he LOVES the game and I think I'd like it too if I ever got to play.....