winxp activation

new computer with xp inside. at start it asks me to
activate my xp, the number ( 50 ) is not reconized by MS,
but on my tower i have a number ( 5 sections)! none work.
The activation window will let me put in a new COD number
but again dosent recognize the digits. Help!
1 answer Last reply
More about winxp activation

    True, true,, you have to type in the alpha , numeric symbols as is on the
    license

    "Ron Chamberlin" wrote:

    > Hi Tracy,
    > Take a real good look at the numbers on the tower. The font used can on them
    > can be menacing. B and 8 get me every time.:)
    >
    > Ron Chamberlin
    > MS-MVP
    >
    > "tracy" <hmt42play@yahoo.co> wrote in message
    > > new computer with xp inside. at start it asks me to
    > > activate my xp, the number ( 50 ) is not reconized by MS,
    > > but on my tower i have a number ( 5 sections)! none work.
    > > The activation window will let me put in a new COD number
    > > but again dosent recognize the digits. Help!

Microsoft Windows XP