CE - Dosh Garn Oblivion Knights

Diane

Cripes, they killed me in the Chaos Sanctuary. I really thought I was
gonna get through that tonight too. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Diane

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:08:44 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Cripes, they killed me in the Chaos Sanctuary. I really thought I was
>gonna get through that tonight too. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
>
>Diane

Yeah, that can be a tough place :-( That's one of the areas where I
always try to have a Town Portal up, just in case, and I've had to use
it on *way* too many occasions. Remember, though, you can go back to
other areas to re-raise your army (my AR Necro, in the battle with
Normal Baal that I was talking about where he found he needed the Fire
Golem, cleared most of the Blood Moor out that way), when your
skellies are falling faster than they're killing critters and you run
out of corpses to raise them, it's time to bail ;-)

Hopefully you've already beaten it, but good luck anyway.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

Diane

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

> Yeah, that can be a tough place :-( That's one of the areas where I
> always try to have a Town Portal up, just in case, and I've had to use
> it on *way* too many occasions. Remember, though, you can go back to
> other areas to re-raise your army (my AR Necro, in the battle with
> Normal Baal that I was talking about where he found he needed the Fire
> Golem, cleared most of the Blood Moor out that way), when your
> skellies are falling faster than they're killing critters and you run
> out of corpses to raise them, it's time to bail ;-)
>
> Hopefully you've already beaten it, but good luck anyway.
>
> ald

No, I didn't beat it tonight either. I played a bit, but my heart just
wasn't in it. It was a tough day for me today as it was the 4th
anniversary of the death of my son. So, Valentines Day will always be
difficult for me and my daughters. So anyway, I did play for a while,
but mostly I was just testing out my skill set. I found that I like the
Iron Maiden. It weakens them quite a bit. And, I'm realizing when to
use Bone Spear, and when Bone Spirit is best used. So, I'm getting a
better feel for the skills and that's something that's important to test
out.

Anyway, my eyes are like puff balls, so I gotta walk the dog and then
get to bed early. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Diane

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 04:06:43 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>No, I didn't beat it tonight either. I played a bit, but my heart just
>wasn't in it. It was a tough day for me today as it was the 4th
>anniversary of the death of my son. So, Valentines Day will always be
>difficult for me and my daughters. So anyway, I did play for a while,
>but mostly I was just testing out my skill set. I found that I like the
>Iron Maiden. It weakens them quite a bit. And, I'm realizing when to
>use Bone Spear, and when Bone Spirit is best used. So, I'm getting a
>better feel for the skills and that's something that's important to test
>out.
>
>Anyway, my eyes are like puff balls, so I gotta walk the dog and then
>get to bed early. Tomorrow will be a better day.
>
>Diane

I hope so. It's a real shame when the entire world is celebrating
while you're grieving :-(

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 04:06:43 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>>No, I didn't beat it tonight either. I played a bit, but my heart
just
>>wasn't in it. It was a tough day for me today as it was the 4th
>>anniversary of the death of my son. So, Valentines Day will always be
>>difficult for me and my daughters. So anyway, I did play for a while,
>>but mostly I was just testing out my skill set. I found that I like
the
>>Iron Maiden. It weakens them quite a bit. And, I'm realizing when to
>>use Bone Spear, and when Bone Spirit is best used. So, I'm getting a
>>better feel for the skills and that's something that's important to
test
>>out.
>>
>>Anyway, my eyes are like puff balls, so I gotta walk the dog and then
>>get to bed early. Tomorrow will be a better day.
>>
>>Diane
>
> I hope so. It's a real shame when the entire world is celebrating
> while you're grieving :-(
>
> ald

I'm sure there are others out there who know that as well as I do, and
for all of them, my deepest sorrow. But, today was another day and I
spent it in much better spirits. We do have a way of bouncing back and
getting past the saddness, even though it's anchored and ever present.

I didn't even try to get past Baal today. Instead, I spent the day
going all through Act III again as I skipped through the first time and
didn't even get all my WP's. This time I spent my time going into all
the little nooks and crannies and killing all the bad buys and
collecting lotsa loot. Unfortunately tho, they don't drop anything
good, so mostly I just loaded up on Rejuv's with my Find Potion. I now
have 3 full pages of rejuv's. All I need to do now is find me a 4 or 5
layer belt and I'll be all set.

Anyway, I'm off for the night. Tomorrow is another day. Oh, if you
happen to run into Swami, give him some encouragement. I was hearing
some newbie-itis, lol. (Spoken as if I *think* I'm an old-timer - in
more than just age, lol).

Diane

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:09:12 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>All I need to do now is find me a 4 or 5
>layer belt and I'll be all set.

Bad news on that, there *aren't* any 5 layer ones :-(

>Anyway, I'm off for the night. Tomorrow is another day. Oh, if you
>happen to run into Swami, give him some encouragement. I was hearing
>some newbie-itis, lol. (Spoken as if I *think* I'm an old-timer - in
>more than just age, lol).
>
>Diane

You and Art seem to be doing a real good job of answering his
questions, and beating me to it. If y'all miss something (unlikely),
I'll jump in.

And the funny thing is, at least in the current wave of people
discovering this mod, you *are* an old-timer (*not* referring to age,
where *I* am ;-) ).

>>All I need to do now is find me a 4 or 5
>>layer belt and I'll be all set.
>
> Bad news on that, there *aren't* any 5 layer ones :-(

Not a problem. I've got the Nightsmoke and it seems to be working for
me. :)

> You and Art seem to be doing a real good job of answering his
> questions, and beating me to it. If y'all miss something (unlikely),
> I'll jump in.

Great plan. It works for me.

> And the funny thing is, at least in the current wave of people
> discovering this mod, you *are* an old-timer (*not* referring to age,
> where *I* am ;-) ).

Believe me, in comparison to some of the people on this NG, I am one of
the oldtimers, lol - agewise. But, I'm enjoying this mod tremendously.

Good news. I beat the BIG D tonight. As for all my questions regarding
where are all the seals? The two that are not in the Chaos Sanctuary
need to be activated. The other 3 are actually inside the Sanctuary.
So, quite frankly, the entire Act IV really needs to be done in one
sitting so as to be able to beat Diablo. I really didn't have a problem
even through all his rings of fire. My skellies died almost
immediately, but my Blood Golem hung in there throughout the entire
ordeal constantly feeding me life and my merc performed admirably as
well. Now, onto Harragath.

Diane

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 02:29:44 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Believe me, in comparison to some of the people on this NG, I am one of
>the oldtimers, lol - agewise. But, I'm enjoying this mod tremendously.

Yeah, I hear that. When I realize I'm more than 3 times Kaytie's age,
it *does* give me pause.

>Good news. I beat the BIG D tonight. As for all my questions regarding
>where are all the seals? The two that are not in the Chaos Sanctuary
>need to be activated. The other 3 are actually inside the Sanctuary.
>So, quite frankly, the entire Act IV really needs to be done in one
>sitting so as to be able to beat Diablo. I really didn't have a problem
>even through all his rings of fire. My skellies died almost
>immediately, but my Blood Golem hung in there throughout the entire
>ordeal constantly feeding me life and my merc performed admirably as
>well. Now, onto Harragath.
>>
>Diane

Conga Rats! Unless things have changed from the earlier versions, you
should have some *very* interesting adventures coming up, according to
what I've read.

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 02:29:44 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Believe me, in comparison to some of the people on this NG, I am one
of
>>the oldtimers, lol - agewise. But, I'm enjoying this mod
tremendously.

> Yeah, I hear that. When I realize I'm more than 3 times Kaytie's age,
> it *does* give me pause.

I hear ya. Me too, my friend. Me too. However, one is NEVER too old
to enjoy a good game.

> Conga Rats! Unless things have changed from the earlier versions, you
> should have some *very* interesting adventures coming up, according to
> what I've read.
>
> ald

Oh yes. I've already discovered a couple of places I'm staying out of
until I build up my levels. In the meantime, I just beat Shenk and now
I'm wondering what I should have Lazark build some sockets into for me.
I haven't a clue what's the best option for my necro at this point.

Btw....where is your Druid now? You haven't been keeping us posted.

Diane

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 04:43:58 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Btw....where is your Druid now? You haven't been keeping us posted.
>
>Diane

Probably because I haven't had any time to play all week (well, that
and my connection going out for 2-3 days until I had time today to
call Tech Support). The Druid and the Bowazon are both still at the
Outer Cloister WP, I *might* get some time to play tonight (but I'm
hoping to get that Paladin down to the Jails WP in AR).

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 04:43:58 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Btw....where is your Druid now? You haven't been keeping us posted.
>>
>>Diane
>
> Probably because I haven't had any time to play all week (well, that
> and my connection going out for 2-3 days until I had time today to
> call Tech Support). The Druid and the Bowazon are both still at the
> Outer Cloister WP, I *might* get some time to play tonight (but I'm
> hoping to get that Paladin down to the Jails WP in AR).
>
> ald
OK. Poor thing. It's tough when life gets in the way of our game, lol.
Hope you get some playtime today.

Diane