X360 controller on PC

brettryantalley

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
from what i understand, if you have a wired one, you can just plug it in. if you have a wireless, you can buy a usb wireless adapter you plug in for like 15 bucks.

CPSCCPSC

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
For the wired controller, if the game does not support it, install pinnacle profiler. This will allow the controller to be used with any game.

mrmez

Splendid
Thanks guise!
From what ive read... the wireless ones that come with the xbx WILL NOT WORK ON PC.
There are controllers for sale marked as 'also for pc' (dunno if there are wireless), but otherwise they should work.

Kinda sux the wireless ones dont work :/
So much for kicking back and playing pc thru tv. fkn cables

San

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2001
Xbox360 pad will work in PC. However, I must warn people that the MS driver support for that is vanilla and non-existence. There are 3rd drivers for the xbox360 pad on PC which will give you far better control, response and customizations. I use these drivers and work flawlessly for me. Unfortunately I cannot remember where I got these drivers from. Hopefully someone here knows and can link them.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
The Xbox360 wireless controller does not use bluetooth, and as Luke69 pointed out, requires a special wireless adapter to work. I haven't used any of my 360 controllers on the PC because I don't have the adapter, and the USB charge cable does nothing but provide the controller with power. Interestingly enough, you can use PS3 controllers by plugging them into with a USB cable. I wouldn't be surprised if you could connect it via a bluetooth adapter, but I haven't personally seen it done.

MickyDee

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
Went to Future Shop and picked a wireless 360 controller for the PC. It comes with a usb reciever that gets plugged into the PC and the pad is wireless ! it cost around $50.00 bucks and works great for the games that support it. I believe it can also be used with the 360 as a second wireless controller ??

elitesystem

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
i did try using 360 controller on PC! i dont know, doesnt seem to work or connect! anyways?? i have a wired and a bluetooth controller! i plugged in the wired one to one of the Pc's USB port, no reaction! :)