Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

XP Sp2 problem with communication with my printer

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
September 2, 2004 12:45:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Help needed with re-establishing the connection between my computer and the
printer. Lost access when restarted the computer after downloading the SP2
package. I am only a beginner so do need baby steps to understand how to do
it.
Troubleshooter can't help me.
September 2, 2004 12:59:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Could be XP had no drivers for your printer. Check the manufacturer's web
site for XP compatible drivers.

"Harpy" <Harpy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:89A03035-42E4-4446-83DE-6310EAEC6B03@microsoft.com...
> Help needed with re-establishing the connection between my computer and
> the
> printer. Lost access when restarted the computer after downloading the SP2
> package. I am only a beginner so do need baby steps to understand how to
> do
> it.
> Troubleshooter can't help me.
September 2, 2004 1:35:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

It was working fine until I downloaded the SP update. I'll give the Canon
site a try. Thanks for that suggestion.

"Jerry" wrote:

> Could be XP had no drivers for your printer. Check the manufacturer's web
> site for XP compatible drivers.
>
> "Harpy" <Harpy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:89A03035-42E4-4446-83DE-6310EAEC6B03@microsoft.com...
> > Help needed with re-establishing the connection between my computer and
> > the
> > printer. Lost access when restarted the computer after downloading the SP2
> > package. I am only a beginner so do need baby steps to understand how to
> > do
> > it.
> > Troubleshooter can't help me.
>
>
>
Related resources
September 2, 2004 3:17:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Thank you for that suggestion. I am amazed but when I accessed their site I
found the exact problem and when I downloaded the patch it worked. Thank you
again for the help. I appreciated it .

"Jerry" wrote:

> Could be XP had no drivers for your printer. Check the manufacturer's web
> site for XP compatible drivers.
>
> "Harpy" <Harpy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:89A03035-42E4-4446-83DE-6310EAEC6B03@microsoft.com...
> > Help needed with re-establishing the connection between my computer and
> > the
> > printer. Lost access when restarted the computer after downloading the SP2
> > package. I am only a beginner so do need baby steps to understand how to
> > do
> > it.
> > Troubleshooter can't help me.
>
>
>
September 2, 2004 2:12:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Would not be SP2 as there is no change to anything like
drivers/other............
SP2 is security updates......................
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 5:50:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

May hbe a stupid question to ask you but did you unplug
all printers, scanners, cameras and ect. before
installing SP2/ I have read at one of the MVP web sites
that this is something that should have been done. I did
it and had NO problem at all with system or connection to
printer or web cam then.
allan
>-----Original Message-----
>Thank you for that suggestion. I am amazed but when I
accessed their site I
>found the exact problem and when I downloaded the patch
it worked. Thank you
>again for the help. I appreciated it .
>
>"Jerry" wrote:
>
>> Could be XP had no drivers for your printer. Check the
manufacturer's web
>> site for XP compatible drivers.
>>
>> "Harpy" <Harpy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> news:89A03035-42E4-4446-83DE-
6310EAEC6B03@microsoft.com...
>> > Help needed with re-establishing the connection
between my computer and
>> > the
>> > printer. Lost access when restarted the computer
after downloading the SP2
>> > package. I am only a beginner so do need baby steps
to understand how to
>> > do
>> > it.
>> > Troubleshooter can't help me.
>>
>>
>>
>.
>
September 3, 2004 5:05:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

PROBLEM SOLVED ! PROBLEM SOLVED ! PROBLEM SOLVED !
MPC190 / MPC200 + XPSP2 : unable to explore myComputer + unable to
connect to printer or scan. I suppose it solves similar problems with
a lot of canon printers.

Edit C:\WINDOWS\system32\MpNetIpc.ini
Change 127.0.0.2 to 127.0.0.1
(because XP SP2 does not allow loopback on other address)
That'all... and it works !

Enjoy,
Jerome.
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 5:19:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I also have a canon mpc200. I had problems getting it to print. I get
the same message of unable to communicate with device. i have tried
everything from changing ports to 27.0.0.1, to many many patches from
canon and microsoft but nothing seems to work.

any ideas?


--
anzamin
------------------------------------------------------------------------
anzamin's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid...
View this thread: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/showthread.phtml?t=...
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 5:19:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Duplicate posting.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
www.coribright.com

"anzamin" <anzamin.1kpwpq@news.nospam.local> wrote in message
news:anzamin.1kpwpq@news.nospam.local...
>
> I also have a canon mpc200. I had problems getting it to print. I get
> the same message of unable to communicate with device. i have tried
> everything from changing ports to 27.0.0.1, to many many patches from
> canon and microsoft but nothing seems to work.
>
> any ideas?
>
>
> --
> anzamin
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 7:14:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:19:33 -0600, anzamin <anzamin.1kpwpq@news.nospam.local>
wrote:

unless the 27 is a misprint, it should be 127.0.0.1

>
>I also have a canon mpc200. I had problems getting it to print. I get
>the same message of unable to communicate with device. i have tried
>everything from changing ports to 27.0.0.1, to many many patches from
>canon and microsoft but nothing seems to work.
>
>any ideas?

--
more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
!