PC Crash/Windows Update

September 2, 2004 2:47:10 PM

l have W98 SE, and when downloading Windows Update patches, the downloads
crashed my PC twice, corrupting the .DLL files. Microsoft admitted this
happens occasionally and some folks on these Boards "welcomed me to the club"
& said they just stopped downloading the Security patches et al. So...my
question is: if l upgrade tp XP, will l still face the same situation of
potential crashes when downloading from Windows Update?

More about : crash windows update

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 9:21:02 AM

well Bronx i can never say never. but XP is known for being very stable and
almost never crashing. When ever you alter your system in anyway you run the
risk of crashes. but i'd upgrade to XP and you probbally wouldn't get the
crashes any more. So yes you should upgrade for this reason and many more.

!