vx4400 w/ data cable

I finally got it to work OK. Now I'm off on a quest to make it faster,
but I have a silly problem.

When the cord is plugged in, it says "Charging Finished" in the window.
Known bug? Defective cable?? ANy ideas?

-SP

Where did you get your cable?

I have heard of cables that can actually charge the phone (like from your
USB port).

If so, I want one!

-Eric

"speedy" <seedy@raex.com> wrote in message
> I finally got it to work OK. Now I'm off on a quest to make it faster,
> but I have a silly problem.
>
> When the cord is plugged in, it says "Charging Finished" in the window.
> Known bug? Defective cable?? ANy ideas?
>
> -SP

I got my cable at RPIwireless.com

Yes, it charges your phone off the PC's USB port.

As far as I can tell, the "Charging Finished" message is a bug and can be
ignored. The phone will charge if it needs it and will not discharge
when you're online.

In <rKydnWMnX8Q7LTDd4p2dnA@comcast.com>, on 05/20/04
at 11:35 PM, "Eric Rosenberry" <erics@R3MOVErosenberry.org> said:

>Where did you get your cable?

>I have heard of cables that can actually charge the phone (like from your
>USB port).

>If so, I want one!

>-Eric

>"speedy" <seedy@raex.com> wrote in message
>> I finally got it to work OK. Now I'm off on a quest to make it faster,
>> but I have a silly problem.
>>
>> When the cord is plugged in, it says "Charging Finished" in the window.
>> Known bug? Defective cable?? ANy ideas?
>>
>> -SP

> >> When the cord is plugged in, it says "Charging Finished" in the window.
> >> Known bug? Defective cable?? ANy ideas?

Most aftermarket chargers do not have the necessary logic to support
the charging status indicator on the 4400 (the RPI cable falls in this
category). They all charge correctly, but the phone reports "charging
finished" immediately/erroneously.

-MVL

What drivers do you use with the RPI wireless cable?

-Eric

<NOSPAMpdonnell@northnet.org> wrote in message
> I got my cable at RPIwireless.com
>
> Yes, it charges your phone off the PC's USB port.
>
> As far as I can tell, the "Charging Finished" message is a bug and can be
> ignored. The phone will charge if it needs it and will not discharge
> when you're online.

RPIWireless shipped the drivers along with BitPm a couple other programs.