BEFW11S4 V1 sunsetted?

Does anyone know if the BEFW11S4 Version 1 router has been sunsetted? I
would like to get new firmware. I'm currently running 1.44z which was
released in December, 2002. The Linksys site doesn't say whether their
newer firmware for the V4 is backwards compatible with the V1.

Thanks.

Check the LInksys site. Ver 1 has its own firmware updates.

I have a ver 1 router and the firmware I am running I believe is the 1.44z
(I am not at my home so I can't check). It has been quite stable for me.

--
Bob Alston

"JerseyBoy" <ebdummy@aol.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if the BEFW11S4 Version 1 router has been sunsetted? I
> would like to get new firmware. I'm currently running 1.44z which was
> released in December, 2002. The Linksys site doesn't say whether their
> newer firmware for the V4 is backwards compatible with the V1.
>
> Thanks.

---

"JerseyBoy" <ebdummy@aol.com> wrote in news:w5ednbBmbvnGeorcRVn-
rA@comcast.com:

> Does anyone know if the BEFW11S4 Version 1 router has been sunsetted? I
> would like to get new firmware. I'm currently running 1.44z which was
> released in December, 2002. The Linksys site doesn't say whether their
> newer firmware for the V4 is backwards compatible with the V1.
>
> Thanks.

That's where the firmware stopped at 1.44z. And just because there are no
more firmware versions is not a bad thing.

Duane :)