Internet Explorer Help - online support button

When I went to the help button and selected On-Line Support I am taken to a
Wanadoo site:

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/

How has this happened - I can't recall any involvement with Wanadoo.

Have I been Hijacked?
--

Sorry to re-post this - perhaps my first title wasn't appealing enough. Have
searched Registry but cannot find Wanadoo

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
More about internet explorer online support button

    What help button?

    http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
    "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message news:%23y8jQhSkEHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > When I went to the help button and selected On-Line Support I am taken to a
    > Wanadoo site:
    >
    > http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/
    >
    > How has this happened - I can't recall any involvement with Wanadoo.
    >
    > Have I been Hijacked?
    > --
    >
    > Sorry to re-post this - perhaps my first title wasn't appealing enough. Have
    > searched Registry but cannot find Wanadoo
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >

    > ---
    > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    Right end of tool bar on Internet Explorer Help - On Line Support

    --

    Regards

    John

    org> wrote in message news:%23gxTIrSkEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    What help button?

    http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
    "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    > When I went to the help button and selected On-Line Support I am taken to
    > Wanadoo site:
    >
    > http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/
    >
    > How has this happened - I can't recall any involvement with Wanadoo.
    >
    > Have I been Hijacked?
    > --
    >
    > Sorry to re-post this - perhaps my first title wasn't appealing enough.
    > Have
    > searched Registry but cannot find Wanadoo
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >

    > ---
    > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    Wanado used to be Freeserve and is indeed an ISP.
    Maybe you downloaded a browser helper at some time?

    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

    John wrote:
    > Right end of tool bar on Internet Explorer Help - On Line Support
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >
    > org> wrote in message news:%23gxTIrSkEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > What help button?
    >
    >> When I went to the help button and selected On-Line Support I am
    >> taken to a
    >> Wanadoo site:
    >>
    >> http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/
    >>
    >> How has this happened - I can't recall any involvement with Wanadoo.
    >>
    >> Have I been Hijacked?
    >> --
    >>
    >> Sorry to re-post this - perhaps my first title wasn't appealing
    >> enough. Have
    >> searched Registry but cannot find Wanadoo
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Regards
    >>
    >> John
    >>

    >> ---
    >> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
    >>

    > ---
    > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    Nothing to do with windows. Are you sure you aren't their customer. They seem to be a ISP. You would have needed to install something.

    Type regedit in Start Run

    Have a look under here(s)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects

    You can look long numbers up under here (look for the server key, usually inproc32server but may be something else, then look at the file properties of that file.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID
    "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message news:%23iKJcrTkEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > Right end of tool bar on Internet Explorer Help - On Line Support
    >
    > --
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > John
    >
    > org> wrote in message news:%23gxTIrSkEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > What help button?

    > http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
    > "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    > > When I went to the help button and selected On-Line Support I am taken to
    > > Wanadoo site:
    > >
    > > http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/
    > >
    > > How has this happened - I can't recall any involvement with Wanadoo.
    > >
    > > Have I been Hijacked?
    > > --
    > >
    > > Sorry to re-post this - perhaps my first title wasn't appealing enough.
    > > Have
    > > searched Registry but cannot find Wanadoo
    > >
    > > --
    > >

    > > Regards
    > >
    > > John
    > >

    > > ---
    > > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
    > >

    > ---
    > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

    John,

    Click Start, Run and type this command:

    rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,BrandCleanInstallStubs

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User

    "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
    When I went to the help button and selected On-Line Support I am taken to a
    Wanadoo site:

    http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/

    How has this happened - I can't recall any involvement with Wanadoo.

    Have I been Hijacked?
    --

    Sorry to re-post this - perhaps my first title wasn't appealing enough. Have
    searched Registry but cannot find Wanadoo

    --

    Regards

    John

    ---
    All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Internet Explorer Support Windows XP