Internet Explorer Help - online support button

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

When I went to the help button and selected On-Line Support I am taken to a
Wanadoo site:

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/

How has this happened - I can't recall any involvement with Wanadoo.

Have I been Hijacked?
--

Sorry to re-post this - perhaps my first title wasn't appealing enough. Have
searched Registry but cannot find Wanadoo

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

What help button?

http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
"John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message news:%23y8jQhSkEHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> When I went to the help button and selected On-Line Support I am taken to a
> Wanadoo site:
>
> http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/
>
> How has this happened - I can't recall any involvement with Wanadoo.
>
> Have I been Hijacked?
> --
>
> Sorry to re-post this - perhaps my first title wasn't appealing enough. Have
> searched Registry but cannot find Wanadoo
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>

> ---
> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Right end of tool bar on Internet Explorer Help - On Line Support

--

Regards

John

org> wrote in message news:%23gxTIrSkEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
What help button?

http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
"John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> When I went to the help button and selected On-Line Support I am taken to
> Wanadoo site:
>
> http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/
>
> How has this happened - I can't recall any involvement with Wanadoo.
>
> Have I been Hijacked?
> --
>
> Sorry to re-post this - perhaps my first title wasn't appealing enough.
> Have
> searched Registry but cannot find Wanadoo
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>

> ---
> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Wanado used to be Freeserve and is indeed an ISP.
Maybe you downloaded a browser helper at some time?

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

John wrote:
> Right end of tool bar on Internet Explorer Help - On Line Support
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>
> org> wrote in message news:%23gxTIrSkEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> What help button?
>
>> When I went to the help button and selected On-Line Support I am
>> taken to a
>> Wanadoo site:
>>
>> http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/
>>
>> How has this happened - I can't recall any involvement with Wanadoo.
>>
>> Have I been Hijacked?
>> --
>>
>> Sorry to re-post this - perhaps my first title wasn't appealing
>> enough. Have
>> searched Registry but cannot find Wanadoo
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> John
>>

>> ---
>> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
>>

> ---
> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Nothing to do with windows. Are you sure you aren't their customer. They seem to be a ISP. You would have needed to install something.

Type regedit in Start Run

Have a look under here(s)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects

You can look long numbers up under here (look for the server key, usually inproc32server but may be something else, then look at the file properties of that file.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID
"John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message news:%23iKJcrTkEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Right end of tool bar on Internet Explorer Help - On Line Support
>
> --
>

> Regards
>
> John
>
> org> wrote in message news:%23gxTIrSkEHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> What help button?

> http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
> "John" <john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom> wrote in message
> > When I went to the help button and selected On-Line Support I am taken to
> > Wanadoo site:
> >
> > http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/
> >
> > How has this happened - I can't recall any involvement with Wanadoo.
> >
> > Have I been Hijacked?
> > --
> >
> > Sorry to re-post this - perhaps my first title wasn't appealing enough.
> > Have
> > searched Registry but cannot find Wanadoo
> >
> > --
> >

> > Regards
> >
> > John
> >

> > ---
> > All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> >

> ---
> All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

John,

Click Start, Run and type this command:

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,BrandCleanInstallStubs

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User