weird keyboard problem

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
What do you mean with "parts of the Keyboard"?

Anyway, I have an old PCCHIPS mobo that sometimes gives keyboard erros.... so it could be possible.

Keyboards are very cheap (US$6) so just buy a new one and test it.

<b>(<font color=yellow>as good as it looks</font color=yellow>)</b>

grr12

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2002
by parts of the keyboard i mean that most of the keys such as the letters, numbers and enter key dont work. some keys like the escape key, the arrow keys and the function keys do work. i have a three month old computer with a Gigabyte 8IHXP. it shouldnt be malfunctioning but i have no idea what else could be wrong

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Have you unplugged and replugged in the keyboard and have you set the bios to defaults and do you have the most current bios upgrade? I had a keyboard that you couldn't type s. It was really bugging me. Turned out that after I flashed the bios problem was solved. Oh and it typed fine in windows before the bios flash it was only when I booted to a MS-DOS disk.

"I can't promise perfection but I'll give it a fair shot and hope that it doesn't take away from the sponteneity and good humour of the forum, which I really enjoy." - <b>WingDing</b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
My keyboard does wierd things too.
every 5th "un-hibernate" in win2k the keyboard seems to just not work. It exists in the driver database and is working properly, just none of the keys work.
Also, the escape key only works 2 out of every 3 times, no matter how hard or soft i push it.

Of course it is an old one, so its going away very soon! :smile:

<b>Tits a nice day today!
Breast i've ever seen!</b>
Officially Certified <font color=green>Hooter Inspector.</font color=green>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
It's possible that perhaps one of your keys is stuck. Maybe your control or alt key is stuck and screwing things up.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

Secretninja

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
I have the same mobo. The first two key boards that I used with it did not work at all. They were both old ones. A compaq (which is by far the best key board I have ever used) and also a Wang. They are both about 10 years old. In the end I tryed a spair one of my dads, and that works fine. Its a cherry key board. Model RS 6000 M. Try that. In the uk <A HREF="http://www.dabs.com" target="_new">dabs.com</A> sell them for about £14.

#edit: misstyped the link #

Now thats what I want to know!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by secretninja on 11/08/02 01:36 PM.</EM></FONT></P>