I has a partitioned drive C: and E: and using Partition Magic I have merged
the two together. This threw up no problems, but when it rebooted after the
merge it is now reporting searching for boot record from IDE-0... Ok and
then just hanging. I cannot get to any command prompts at all.

Any ideas?

Am I looking at a reformat and reinstall?

Roger

Hi Roger,

Boot the WinXP CD, load the Recovery Console. From the command prompt, run
fixboot.

HOW TO: Install and Use the Recovery Console in Windows XP [Q307654]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307654

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Roger Neilson" <didactylos@bignospamfoot.com> wrote in message
>I has a partitioned drive C: and E: and using Partition Magic I have merged
> the two together. This threw up no problems, but when it rebooted after
> the
> merge it is now reporting searching for boot record from IDE-0... Ok and
> then just hanging. I cannot get to any command prompts at all.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Am I looking at a reformat and reinstall?
>
> Roger

Thanks, that didn't work, but as its a computer I am selling I have
reformatted both drives anyway to get rid of all data and will do a clean
reinstall of Windows.

Cheers

Roger