Norton System Works 2004 xp Live Update

Not sure if this is correct ng and if not would appreciate someone telling
me what is correct group. Have installed NSW 2004 and occasionally use their
Live Update to see if anything is available. Last 3 weeks I have been
getting a LU1803 error message. I went to Symantec's site and by following
their procedure I can use the live update function. However the following
week I get another LU1803 error.

Wondering how many have encountered this error message. This leads me to
believe that there is a bug in their 'live update procedure'. Have I
reported it to Symantec? Seriously you jest. At least lucky they provide a
procedure to get rid of error even though it comes back at a later time.
TIA
Dannie

Dannie, check on the downloads page of Nortons for an update to NSW which is not
available through live update.
http://www.symantec.com.au/techsupp/files/nsys/index.html

"Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
Have I tried that solution? You bet I have and it works. HOWEVER, there must be
a bug that causes this error to occur. Just trying to see if any other user has
encountered this. Actually for Symantec to put out a solution like they have
means to me that they know their is a problem but do not know how to solve it! I
do however like the product, wart and all.
Dannie

> Not sure if this is correct ng and if not would appreciate someone telling
> me what is correct group. Have installed NSW 2004 and occasionally use their
> Live Update to see if anything is available. Last 3 weeks I have been
> getting a LU1803 error message. I went to Symantec's site and by following
> their procedure I can use the live update function. However the following
> week I get another LU1803 error.
>
> Wondering how many have encountered this error message. This leads me to
> believe that there is a bug in their 'live update procedure'. Have I
> reported it to Symantec? Seriously you jest. At least lucky they provide a
> procedure to get rid of error even though it comes back at a later time.
> TIA
> Dannie
I assume you are talking about this site:

Error: "LU1803: LiveUpdate failed while getting your updates" or "LiveUpdate
had an internal error while getting your updates"
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2002071909270613?OpenDocument&src=_mi&product=LU&version=2.0&language=english&module=LU&error=1803&build=Symantec

Have you tried all of the suggestions listed in that article?

I am not a big Symantec / Norton fan myself - I use ZoneAlarm Security Suite
version 5.1.011.000

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

I never have any problem with ZA S S myself but no doubt other people have had
issues...

Thanks. Turns out I have the latest Version 7.02.
Dannie

==============
> I assume you are talking about this site:
>
> Error: "LU1803: LiveUpdate failed while getting your updates" or
"LiveUpdate
> had an internal error while getting your updates"

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2002071909270613?O
penDocument&src=_mi&product=LU&version=2.0&language=english&module=LU&error=
1803&build=Symantec

> Have you tried all of the suggestions listed in that article?
>
> I am not a big Symantec / Norton fan myself - I use ZoneAlarm Security
Suite
> version 5.1.011.000
>
> http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
>
> I never have any problem with ZA S S myself but no doubt other people
have had
> issues...

==============

However you still want to update the virus file at least once a week. I live
update doesn't work you have to do it using intelligent updater. That wiill
keep you current.

> Thanks. Turns out I have the latest Version 7.02.
> Dannie
>
> "Kaylene aka Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dannie, check on the downloads page of Nortons for an update to NSW which
> is not
>> available through live update.
>> http://www.symantec.com.au/techsupp/files/nsys/index.html
>>
>> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> Have I tried that solution? You bet I have and it works. HOWEVER, there
> must be
>> a bug that causes this error to occur. Just trying to see if any other
> user has
>> encountered this. Actually for Symantec to put out a solution like they
> have
>> means to me that they know their is a problem but do not know how to
>> solve
> it! I
>> do however like the product, wart and all.
>> Dannie
>>
>> "XPUSER" <XPUSER@HOTMAIL.XYZ> wrote in message
>> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> > Not sure if this is correct ng and if not would appreciate someone
> telling
>> > me what is correct group. Have installed NSW 2004 and occasionally
>> use
> their
>> > Live Update to see if anything is available. Last 3 weeks I have been
>> > getting a LU1803 error message. I went to Symantec's site and by
> following
>> > their procedure I can use the live update function. However the
> following
>> > week I get another LU1803 error.
>> >
>> > Wondering how many have encountered this error message. This leads me
>> > believe that there is a bug in their 'live update procedure'. Have I
>> > reported it to Symantec? Seriously you jest. At least lucky they
> provide a
>> > procedure to get rid of error even though it comes back at a later
> time.
>> > TIA
>> > Dannie

> ==============
>> I assume you are talking about this site:
>>
>> Error: "LU1803: LiveUpdate failed while getting your updates" or
> "LiveUpdate
>> had an internal error while getting your updates"
>>
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2002071909270613?O
> penDocument&src=_mi&product=LU&version=2.0&language=english&module=LU&error=
> 1803&build=Symantec
>>
>> Have you tried all of the suggestions listed in that article?
>>
>> I am not a big Symantec / Norton fan myself - I use ZoneAlarm Security
> Suite
>> version 5.1.011.000
>>
>> http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
>>
>> I never have any problem with ZA S S myself but no doubt other people
> have had
>> issues...

> ==============

If you have already set live update to automatic, then it's possible that live
update is already running at the time you try to manually use live update. Just
a thought.

"Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> Thanks. Turns out I have the latest Version 7.02.
> Dannie
>
> "Kaylene aka Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dannie, check on the downloads page of Nortons for an update to NSW which
> is not
>> available through live update.
>> http://www.symantec.com.au/techsupp/files/nsys/index.html
>>
>> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> Have I tried that solution? You bet I have and it works. HOWEVER, there
> must be
>> a bug that causes this error to occur. Just trying to see if any other
> user has
>> encountered this. Actually for Symantec to put out a solution like they
> have
>> means to me that they know their is a problem but do not know how to solve
> it! I
>> do however like the product, wart and all.
>> Dannie
>>
>> "XPUSER" <XPUSER@HOTMAIL.XYZ> wrote in message
>> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> > Not sure if this is correct ng and if not would appreciate someone
> telling
>> > me what is correct group. Have installed NSW 2004 and occasionally use
> their
>> > Live Update to see if anything is available. Last 3 weeks I have been
>> > getting a LU1803 error message. I went to Symantec's site and by
> following
>> > their procedure I can use the live update function. However the
> following
>> > week I get another LU1803 error.
>> >
>> > Wondering how many have encountered this error message. This leads me
>> > believe that there is a bug in their 'live update procedure'. Have I
>> > reported it to Symantec? Seriously you jest. At least lucky they
> provide a
>> > procedure to get rid of error even though it comes back at a later
> time.
>> > TIA
>> > Dannie

> ==============
>> I assume you are talking about this site:
>>
>> Error: "LU1803: LiveUpdate failed while getting your updates" or
> "LiveUpdate
>> had an internal error while getting your updates"
>>
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2002071909270613?O
> penDocument&src=_mi&product=LU&version=2.0&language=english&module=LU&error=
> 1803&build=Symantec
>>
>> Have you tried all of the suggestions listed in that article?
>>
>> I am not a big Symantec / Norton fan myself - I use ZoneAlarm Security
> Suite
>> version 5.1.011.000
>>
>> http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
>>
>> I never have any problem with ZA S S myself but no doubt other people
> have had
>> issues...

> ==============

Perhaps I have not made myself clear. My AV in NSW works great. Gets updated
at least every Wednesday. There is however a button to click on for getting
program updates (I call it live update). That's the one that gives me the
error message LU1803. The error explanation is that every time a live update
takes place a file is created. If it gets 'corrupted' than that could be a
cause of the LU1803. Unfortunately according to Symantec documentation there
are several error conditions and all use LU1803 so frankly in my thinking
there is a bug.

I know I can update manually from Symantec site and do from time to time but
it's still the LU1803 issue that is not right.

> If you have already set live update to automatic, then it's possible that
live
> update is already running at the time you try to manually use live update.
Just
> a thought.
>
> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> > Thanks. Turns out I have the latest Version 7.02.
> > Dannie
> >
> > "Kaylene aka Taurarian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message
> >> Dannie, check on the downloads page of Nortons for an update to NSW
which
> > is not
> >> available through live update.
> >> http://www.symantec.com.au/techsupp/files/nsys/index.html
> >>
> >> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> >> Have I tried that solution? You bet I have and it works. HOWEVER, there
> > must be
> >> a bug that causes this error to occur. Just trying to see if any other
> > user has
> >> encountered this. Actually for Symantec to put out a solution like they
> > have
> >> means to me that they know their is a problem but do not know how to
solve
> > it! I
> >> do however like the product, wart and all.
> >> Dannie
> >>
> >> "XPUSER" <XPUSER@HOTMAIL.XYZ> wrote in message
> >> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> > telling
> > their
> > following
> > following

> > provide a
> > time.

> > ==============
> >> I assume you are talking about this site:
> >>
> >> Error: "LU1803: LiveUpdate failed while getting your updates" or
> > "LiveUpdate
> >> had an internal error while getting your updates"

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2002071909270613?O

penDocument&src=_mi&product=LU&version=2.0&language=english&module=LU&error=
> > 1803&build=Symantec
> >>
> >> Have you tried all of the suggestions listed in that article?
> >>
> >> I am not a big Symantec / Norton fan myself - I use ZoneAlarm
Security
> > Suite
> >> version 5.1.011.000
> >>
> >> http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
> >>
> >> I never have any problem with ZA S S myself but no doubt other people
> > have had
> >> issues...

> > ==============

Did you work through all the solutions

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2002071909270613?OpenDocument&src=_mi&product=LU&version=2.0&language=english&module=LU&error=1803&build=Symantec

I'm running both NIS & NSW on WinXP SP2 and not having the problem except for
Ghost which I uninstalled and reinstalled.

> Perhaps I have not made myself clear. My AV in NSW works great. Gets updated
> at least every Wednesday. There is however a button to click on for getting
> program updates (I call it live update). That's the one that gives me the
> error message LU1803. The error explanation is that every time a live update
> takes place a file is created. If it gets 'corrupted' than that could be a
> cause of the LU1803. Unfortunately according to Symantec documentation there
> are several error conditions and all use LU1803 so frankly in my thinking
> there is a bug.
>
> I know I can update manually from Symantec site and do from time to time but
> it's still the LU1803 issue that is not right.
> Dannie

No I didn't do the first one. I shall try it to see if that helps.
Thanks