Status
Not open for further replies.

ibleet

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Well since its lapped, its worth LESS. Lapping if done correctly is fine but voids the existing warranty. Lapping if done incorrectly can damage or ruin the CPU.

Also, to give any kind of value we need the following:

When was it purchased?
What stepping?
Has it been overclocked?
What temps has it been exposed to?

Of course, you could lie, but that would defeat the purpose of getting an accurate value.

Humor me.

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
@dagger - My original "plan" was to take the used "discount" and take about another 10-15% off that for having lapped it. Hopefully I can still get around ehh...$120 for it.

basketcase

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Lapped, no warranty.
Lapped means you OC'd it too.

We don't know how good you are at lapping and how hard you were pushing the chip.

I would say, considering a new one can be had for $170-$180, I wouldn't expect more than $75-$100... I wouldn't even go that high personally, but others may be willing to.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Bah! Just tell the grub you're trying to sell it to that "free lapping" is good for him. :na:

I just sold my $275 9800gx2 for $370. The guy offered too, I wasn't trying to sell it, just boasting on another forum.

There are people like that out there. And since spathotan isn't trying to sell it to people in this forum, just checking prices, good luck to him. :D

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Im not trying to rip anybody off, like I said im just looking for a ballpark figure from people here before I get serious about selling it, hell I still dont know what im gonna replace it with, but thats another story for another day. This will probably end up on ebay in a month or so.

Thanks for the feedback dagger and basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.