Crytek hates DX10.1??

airblazer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Do you know anyone running Crysis at 4xAA?
I think not..maybe a few sli boys..Crysis is a killer on fps.
DX10.1 means that hardware must support 4xAA..and it's mandatory for all games..it'll be a year before any card will properly run this on Crysis.
They will bring it in though..one of the key features for DX10.1 which is not very well known is the shader drawing. It's going to result in a massive boost to drawing graphics as you'll only draw the overlay one and not discard it after use..at present it's being drawn upto 5 times which is a drain on graphics.
DX10.1 will be a big hit once the hardware catches up to what the software companies can do with it.

airblazer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
I don't think DX10.1 will be hype. Some of it is alright but the part I mentioned above is going to have a big impact on graphics once developers start implementing it.These features would have been in from the start if Nvidia had got their act together. They however couldn't implement the above features of DX10.1 in time and so MS dropped these features and basically released plain old dx10.0.
The pity is ATI were able to implement these features as their programmers were upto the task but MS played ball with Nvidia and basically screwed ATI.

Phenium 4 FX

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007

hahaha! we are all victims! :lol: :lol: :lol:

DX10.1 hardware is useless at the moment unless the games will utilize this before Nvidia & Ati(i hope ATI can) release their new hardware with more feature than this. :)
(I think this must be in the Vid card section..)

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
i dont know whats going on with 10.1, but forcing 4xAA (if that's what dx10.1 is all about) seems like its gonna suck for amd, don't their newest cards do terribly worse when AA is on? (or did they fix this with the hd3 series or a driver?)

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
For those that don't know, as long as you keep Post Processing on (I believe) you will get a special edge smoothing effect in the form of "Edge AA" that blurs the leaves and smooths the edges for very little performance impact, this is disabled when AA is turned on though, and for some reason normal AA does not smooth the edges of leaves like Edge AA does.

TRENDING THREADS