recover files for old drive

mark

My previous system's motherboard crashed, bought a new
computer from dell and now I am trying to recover files
from the drive that was in the my old system.

I can access the drive fine but when I try to open "My
Documents" folder in the old drive I receive the
following message.

D:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents in not
accessible.

Access is denied.

Please Help
Mark

Maybe this:
"Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881&Product=winxp

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/