I am trying to load a floppy disk which I stored my CV on ages ago. When I
try to load the disk, the computer says that it is not formatted. What do I
do?

theres really no good news to tell you. That could mean several things. that
your disk is damaged and bad, your disk drive is getting bad. Have you tried
to check it with another floppy from another computer? If it works then you
know you have a disk problem and/or a software problem. Also have you tried
another floppy disk in your system and see if it gives you the same problem.
If it is your floopy disk then your out of luck. The only way to reformat the
disk is to clean the disk off. I'm no expert at floppys though. I took my
floppy out around 5 months ago. So hopefully someone that knows alot about
floppys will post and prove me wrong. but if not then its not looking good.
Good luck mitch

"Mitch" wrote:

> I am trying to load a floppy disk which I stored my CV on ages ago. When I
> try to load the disk, the computer says that it is not formatted. What do I
> do?

Byte

140060 - Floppy Disk is Not Accessible, Not Formatted, or Not Recognized by
WindowsXP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;140060
The above Microsoft solution tells you to format the floppy disk in a
WindowsXP
PC, but that procedure will cause you to lose the data on the disk. My past
experience found that by formatting another floppy disk in your PC and then
use a friends or if you have another PC copy the files from the old disk to
the
new formatted disk then it will work fine. Good luck. :~)

"Mitch" wrote:

> I am trying to load a floppy disk which I stored my CV on ages ago. When I
> try to load the disk, the computer says that it is not formatted. What do I
> do?

Find a computer with Win 98 on it. Copy the data off onto that computer.
Burn it to a CD or put it on a USB key drive for transfer to XP. The only
other alternative is to find an "unauthorized" 3 mode floppy driver and
install it in Windows to see if that fixes your problem. (Via.com had one
on their web site about 2 years ago that I used with success to solve the
problem.) USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.