COD4 CAnnot Read DVD?

dave-g-o

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2007
So i finally get my hands on COD4 and my DVD drive wont read the disk it just appears as an empty window. Yet when I insert other DVDs (BF2142 for example) it works fine,

does anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

Dave

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
What motherboard are you using? Others had this issue and it was fixed by updating the chipset drivers on the motherboard. (I did this as well and it fixed this issue and the multiplayer connecting to server one.)

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
*Edit* I think you want the 2000/xp/2003 nForce500 Series Chipset Drivers.

I would give it a shot. If all else fails, you can contact their tech support. They are pretty good at getting back to your questions within a few hours of submitting them (I'm sure this is one of the first questions they will ask you as well).

Er, just thought of something also - are you using a drive emulation software? Daemons Tools, Alcohol 120%, etc.?

dave-g-o

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2007
thanks will give it a go, I had expertools which is decoding and encoding video format software but not drive emulation.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
I'd roll-back the drivers then and try the CD/DVD on someone elses computer to see if it works. If not, then contact Activision and see whats up.

JAYC101

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I had the same problem as you. Mainly from games for windows that had the new SecuROM on them. Bioshock, Medal of Honor AirBorne, Hellgate and so on. These games worked eventually but my DVD still had problems reading them.

When COD4 arrived my DVD simply wouldnt read it at all. Basically in the end after BIOS updates, Firmware updates, driver updates I went out and baught a new DVD player and once installed all my games that had SecuROM ran instantly and beautifully.

In my previous DVD player ( GSA-530L ) regular DVDs and games worked but SecuROM ones hardly if at all worked.

My new DVD player ( GSA-62L ) Works fantastic with all types.

SecuROM claims to be compatible with all DVD players but I strongly disagree. I suggest going to SecuROM website and checking out their help suggestions and try going through the steps.