Crysis under Sli - real settings

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
first of all the gama has to be turned up all the way up on crysis or untill sunlight looks real.

U cant set shadows under low unless u set shaders at low. shaders shadows and shaders work together. Here are the settings u should use if u set shaders to high mr. toms experts

Most realisic environment high performance .

Texture - medium
shaders - high
postprosesing -high
shadows -medium
water - medium ..

these seetings give me 20fps on vista and 30 on xp min 50 max. at 1600x1000 resolution on 16x10 monitor .20 on vista cause i only have 1 gig of ram . x64 bit version has unlimited clip and no motion blur because of the extended view range but sucks up like 8more fps . I havent tryed it with 4 gigs of ram on Vista x64 but I will soon.

Shaders high and post prosesing high makes trees look real . IF! u turn the gama all the way up like its supposed to be. or just guide yourself on the little gray bars they have next to gama . turning post procesing to low makes everything look sharper though and people might like it.post procesing just makes the shaders blurr out a little and u can tell the difference imedialty . most people like it with post setting low and shaders high .

this is another great setting that does not give u the realistic looking trees and grass but more like a day at the karabean islands look .. verry nice .

Texture High
shaders low
postprocesing low
shadows very high
water medium ..

i guarantee this looks verry verry good , better than any other game out there but without the realistic looking trees .

I personaly think Medium water looks better than very high because it looks crytal clear.

everything else does not matter.

Texture and Shader quality is what sucks up all the juice .shadows can never be at low no matter what.. they have to be at medium. going above medium just makes sun light look more real when coming from shadows like trees but you can get the same affect buy putting more contrast and gama on the settings.

u tom guys should try these settings with sli vid cars oh yea and do this . R_vsync 1 on console and tripplebuffering on and BAMB almost no lag .

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Sup Masta,

I might give your settings a chance when next time around. I'll first agree that Crysis looks a lot better using VSync (especially in the cutscene) and it is indeed almost mandatory to run tripplebuffering if you are to do so. I also set r_UseEdgeAA at 1 to round up leafs without too much of an FPS drop while i'm in jungle areas.

Check specs below.

I'm getting 20-30 FPS in Windows Vista 64-bit...my settings are:

Everything at Very High (except for Texture set to High). Resolution at 1366x768 on my widescreen 20.1" monitor.

Given my specs, it is the best graphics/performance I can get.

Nota: For most games, I usually found that High Resolution such as 1650x1050 and medium high settings provided the best visuals but given the shaders in Crysis, this particular game looks better with Very High settings and a bit lower resolution.

Alex

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
Man you basically took out all of the eye candy in the game! It's true that shaders gives takes the most performance away, but also it's the most dramatic image quality setting (HDR goes bye bye below High), also Post Processing MUST be on high too, otherwise you are losing the "Edge AA" that smooths the leaves (Turning on regular AA automatically disables Edge AA and does not smooth the leaves by the way) and Motion Blur (The reason this game is so playable on low fps), but you are leaving on Shadows on Very high?? medium shadows look very decent to be completely honest.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
"Crap like motion blur", I actually find it to be one of the best effects in the game, just like in MOH: Airborne and Jericho.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
You don't have to "set" crysis to use it, it already does by default, I believe it's when the shader or post-processing setting is at least on high (Can't remember which one, almost sure that it's shader though).

TRENDING THREADS