XP SP2 - Firewall

How do I cancel the alert balloon that keeps opening in the system tray,
telling me 'the firewall status is unknown' when it knows perfectly well
that I have norton firewall installed having checked the box for
alternative firewall in the security console?
4 answers Last reply
More about firewall

    Norton had a fix for this,
    Windows couldn't read the norton anti-virus program.
    You might check with them.

    --
    JerryM (ID)

    MURPHY'S COMPUTER LAW
    A man who can smile when things go wrong,
    has thought of someone he can blame it on.

    "Mike Ware-Lane" <mike@ware-lane.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:uvTi84ekEHA.3984@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > How do I cancel the alert balloon that keeps opening in the system tray,
    > telling me 'the firewall status is unknown' when it knows perfectly well
    > that I have norton firewall installed having checked the box for
    > alternative firewall in the security console?

    Visit www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net Click the Win XP Faq button and take
    a look at question 78

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    "Squire" <jerrym526@cableone.net> wrote in message
    Norton had a fix for this,
    Windows couldn't read the norton anti-virus program.
    You might check with them.

    --
    JerryM (ID)

    MURPHY'S COMPUTER LAW
    A man who can smile when things go wrong,
    has thought of someone he can blame it on.

    "Mike Ware-Lane" <mike@ware-lane.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > How do I cancel the alert balloon that keeps opening in the system tray,
    > telling me 'the firewall status is unknown' when it knows perfectly well
    > that I have norton firewall installed having checked the box for
    > alternative firewall in the security console?

    Squire,

    If I understand your question correctly, you're asking how
    to get rid of the taskbar tray icon. If that's true go to
    Start/Settings/Corntol Panel/Security Center/Firewall/Rec-
    ommendations and put a check mark in the box that says "I
    have a Firewall solution..."

    Hope this helps,
    Milt

    Thanks John - just what I was looking for, regards.

    "Mike Ware-Lane" <mike@ware-lane.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > How do I cancel the alert balloon that keeps opening in the system tray,
    > telling me 'the firewall status is unknown' when it knows perfectly well
    > that I have norton firewall installed having checked the box for
    > alternative firewall in the security console?

Firewalls Microsoft Windows XP