after change win xp pro to win xp home

I must to change from win xp pro to win xp home. I lost one of my hard disc.
well it appear without problem but in hardware administrator but i don have
icon. it don´t exist. i need recover it without lost information. please
somebody help me
2 answers Last reply
More about after change home

    Hi,

    Sounds more like a disk failure. You can't change from XP Pro to Home
    without do a clean installation. Download and run a drive diagnostic tool
    from the web site of the drive manufacturer to assess the state of the
    drive.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Niso" <Niso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I must to change from win xp pro to win xp home. I lost one of my hard
    >disc.
    > well it appear without problem but in hardware administrator but i don
    > have
    > icon. it don´t exist. i need recover it without lost information. please
    > somebody help me

    i´ll do it
    thanks

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Sounds more like a disk failure. You can't change from XP Pro to Home
    > without do a clean installation. Download and run a drive diagnostic tool
    > from the web site of the drive manufacturer to assess the state of the
    > drive.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Niso" <Niso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I must to change from win xp pro to win xp home. I lost one of my hard
    > >disc.
    > > well it appear without problem but in hardware administrator but i don
    > > have
    > > icon. it don´t exist. i need recover it without lost information. please
    > > somebody help me

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP