What do you guys think

SeaDooXP2000

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2002
Ok I am planning on building my first Pc and i wanna know what you guys wanna help me fill in some blanks

CPU: p4 2.53
Mobo: _________(i would like raid 0, lan, audio, and ez overclockability for cpu, mem, and gpu)
Memory: corsair xms 3200 = 1 gig
hard drive: 2 80 gig wd special editions
video card: waiting for nv30 =(
case: xaser II 6000a with 430 ps

so i need a good mobo that will work with this setup, and preferably has onboard raid,lan,audio, and ez to overclock, and will let me run my corsair at 400mhz

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Gigabyte GA-8SG667, under $100, and a cheap RAID card for around $40.

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
No RAID with Gigabyte GA-8SG667. At least as far as I know as Crashman is more knowledgable about computers than I. I recommend <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=280&manufactory=1314&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1" target="_new">GIGABYTE GA-8PE667 ULTRA motherboard</A>. Good day, all!

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes I went by his memory demands alone, since there are no boards that properly support that memory and have RAID. I just added the RAID card to my recommendation based on your reminder, thanks!

SeaDooXP2000

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2002
Thx guys i appreciate your input i was actually looking at that board, and by the way can anyone tell me what kind of cpu overclock they were able to get on this board, i want my cpu running at about 3 gigz so i wanted to know which cpu i should get a 2.53 or would i have to get a 2.8 to hit 3 gigz<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by SeaDooXP2000 on 11/10/02 08:40 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

SeaDooXP2000

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2002
I went to gigabytes website and found they don't support 512 ddr400 from corsair, and with 256 sticks, i could only use 3...any other ideas for a different mobo?

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
It doesn't necessarily mean that the Corsair RAM won't work in the 8SG667. It may mean that Gigabyte hasn't fully tested it yet. What applications are you using that would warrant 1GB of RAM anyway?

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

HN001

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002
Hi SeaDoo XP200,

Yes, they do.

Following is the letter I'd mailed to GA Byte

hi,
we have tested Cosair PC3200 256/512 woks ok with our board here I send you the update list