Status
Not open for further replies.

ibleet

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
$130 for both, not each, right?

The one reason I ask is because the conroe chips are quickly becoming obsolete, and now the newer and much improved wolfdale (E7200, E7300) are readily available in the $110-$120 range. Not to mention the introduction of the new Nehalem (core i7) line of chips, which are even more improved.

The other reason is that I may be interested in one, but not both, if the price is right.

rousegk7

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2008
Each.

I do not care about wolfdale chips, I have 2 Conroe based processors. Stay out of thread unless you want to buy them.

basketcase

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006

Touchy... Ibleet looked like he could have been interested. But, I am almost certain with an attitude like that he will not be.

Just some advice, take or leave it, you may want to lower the price a little. These are open box chips, so whether or not they are used, they would be considered used in my book. That being the case, you can get a comparable chip in the wolfdale line for about the same price new. The people on this forum don't buy into sucker scams like people on Ebay do. There is a reason they are here, they actually know a thing or two about computers.

rousegk7

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2008
Thanks, but in the same case I know full well what I am selling. I work for a company that sells computers to corporations around the world, many of which are revision locked. Meaning they have to use a certain processor, certain memory etc etc. That is what I am selling these as. Someone might have to have an e6750 even though an e7200 is cheaper, better etc.

basketcase

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Well, more power to you.... honestly, I hope you make what they are worth to you.

Even still, I don't see these going to the usually THF crowd at that price. Have you checked Ebay for what they go for? All the hardware I have ever sold has been on ebay and has gotten me more than I would have ever expected here.

None the less, good luck!

ibleet

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
The board I need the CPU for will support a wolfdale, so I decided to go that route.

A few weeks ago, Fry's had a sale on the E7200 for $79.99. I would have snagged one of those if an outlet were nearby. If anyone picked up an extra and wants to let it go, shoot me a PM.

Basket is right, you won't win over any buyers with a rotten attitude. You get more flies with honey than with vinegar... :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.