Problem with Scanner 4400c!

When I switch on my computer with windows xp, allways the lamp of the
scanner starts lighting, and stays that for I think ten minutes, even if I
don't use this scanner!
How can I avoid that this light turns on together with my computer?
Thanks.
William.
3 answers Last reply
More about problem scanner 4400c

    i think you should unplug the power cord off the wall... i'm thinkig
    that the fuse on my scanner burned cause it was always on... only
    plug the power cord to the wall when you need to scan something. i
    hope someone have better ideas....

    Jorge

    ==============

    Thanks for your advice, but I hope to find some other solution for this
    problem. Maybe there is some program that can be switched off in the
    msconfig-file or something? But which program can this be?
    William.

    "nickaragua" <jorgeamr@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> schreef in bericht
    > i think you should unplug the power cord off the wall... i'm thinkig
    > that the fuse on my scanner burned cause it was always on... only
    > plug the power cord to the wall when you need to scan something. i
    > hope someone have better ideas....
    >

    > Jorge
    >
    > ==============
    troubleshooting newsgroups.

    "William" <William@geen.adres> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your advice, but I hope to find some other solution for this
    > problem. Maybe there is some program that can be switched off in the
    > msconfig-file or something? But which program can this be?
    > William.

    The 4400C flat bed scanner has a button on the left hand side that Turns the
    lamp on/off it was one of the features I liked when I purchased it.
    Many of my other scanners were on constantly and that did not make the bulb
    last as long as it should. This is the manual in Adobe and it does have the
    power save feature.

    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bps05394.pdf

    This below link shows what happens if you try to turn the unit off BEFORE
    the computer is fully awake (Turned on)

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=nps05673

    All of this information could have been found at the http://www.hp.com web
    site.

    Elector

Hewlett Packard Computer Scanners Computers