Asus P4T533 with 1066 Samsung crashes??

misterg1

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
Anybody running this rig with XP-pro sp1? using asus g4 4400 video etc. Had same hardware in P4B533 using pc2100 and ran perfect. (wife has that now) System runs perfect for a period of up to 2hrs max while playing games.Heavy graphics and mem load seems to be clue. Suspect heat problem in Samsung 4200 Ram.Anyone had this? Cpu runs at 34 idle and max 51c while playing games so doesn't sound to bad.850E chipset and XP still to new to know of any incompatibilities. Setup new load on dif HD and just Video and sound (Used dif sound card) and re-created crash to desktop or Blue Screen with Mem dump and reboot. Latest Bios installed 1005. Anyone with similar rig or info would surely be appreciated. BTW used Checkit Pro 7 from Dos to test memory and no problem. If someone knows of a good windows mem test under load, Please advise. Thanks for any ideas or help on this ah heck..............

Everywhere I go, there I am..............

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
Not sure about your motherboard, but my system would reboot or quit to desktop while I was playing Madden 2003 and Warcraft III. Then I cleared the BIOS. No problem since.

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>

misterg1

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
Not sure what you mean by "Cleared the Bios". Do you mean you reset it to defaults and then set it up again for your system? (As you would when you update the Bios)

Ten powerful words in 10 letters: If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me.....................

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Yes. reset the bios to the defaults OR find the jumper on the motherboard and move that to clear then back again.

As you are having memory problems i would run MEMTEST86 and see if anything comes up. Leave it run for an hour just to be sure.

<b>LHGPooBaa + Evil Hamster Sidekick: Serving Toms Hardware community for 2 years as of the 11th of November</b>

TRENDING THREADS