• Video Games
Last response: in Video Games

If you were forced to choose........

Total: 38 votes (7 blank votes)

• 63 %
  • Wii
  • 38 %
November 24, 2007 5:21:22 PM

I you were forced to choose between the 360 and the Wii. Which one would you go with?

More about : forced choose

November 24, 2007 6:03:50 PM

The Wii is for families and little kids. It was fun for like 15 mins, but that wore off for me. I can see how people who are not hard core gamers would like it, and the idea of the Wii is pretty novel. But for me, the 360 is more my style. That said, I would never buy one, as my PC is so much better, and I couldn't settle for the step backward in graphics.
November 24, 2007 10:55:26 PM

I agree with Trailsking, the Wii was fun for about a day, then it just got old. I like the 360 much better, and I'd rather shoot myself then get a PS3...
I love my PC best though, Crysis looks so much better then what the 360 can pump out.
Related resources
November 25, 2007 1:51:44 AM

I'd get a Wii... at least it's different and I can play with friends, after all... Why would I want a 360, it's the same as a PC except with worse graphics and a gamepad (Which isn't a compliment either for the kind of games I play...)
November 25, 2007 11:07:45 AM

I'd like forza on xbox live. Online racing, that isnt track mania, anybody else think it was w#nk? came with my last graphics card.
November 25, 2007 3:42:26 PM

Pick the brunette with the big boo........................o wait you weren’t asking that where you.

My bad :kaola: 

sorry :pt1cable: 
November 26, 2007 3:44:14 PM

if i was getting them for free.... I'd get the xbox, sell it, buy a wii and be happy with the money it got towards my next PC upgrade
November 26, 2007 3:57:37 PM

I was getting my car serviced/tire change etc, so decided to walk down to EB and try the "next gen" consoles, got quickly bored of the sequels to yesteryear's racing/basketball games on xbox and ps, and graced my eyes upon the Wii, asked the clerk for the wiimote whatever, he told me it was Super Mario Galaxy, played 45 min straight, it was alot of fun, I want a Wii now. Will get one after x-mas I think.

And damn the graphics are frakin bad, but the xbox games needed AA bad too, I think it was forza, can't remember, maybe that was ps2, they had so many consoles there.
November 26, 2007 4:05:53 PM

I think the X-box does have some "jaggy" issues, but that aside... I would probably go for the 360. The Wii sounds fun and all, but I can imagine the controls getting too involved in some games.
November 26, 2007 5:53:06 PM

I'd personally get the XBOX 360 because it has more games that I like, such as Ace Combat 6.
November 26, 2007 10:34:44 PM

The only reason I would get a 360 is because of the graphics and mainly because Banjo Threei is coming out only on the 360. Call me whatever but I liked and still like the Banjo Kazooie's on the Nintendo 64.I still play em too! And DK64. Does anyone own a Wii with Super Mario Galaxy? Does Luigi make an appereance?
November 26, 2007 10:53:38 PM

I would get the Wii.

First let me say that I am not a fan of console games. I think I'd rather shoot myself in the foot before buying a PS3 or Xbox 360.

The only reason for getting the Wii (and I tried at Amazon.com) is to entertain guests. I might play it by myself, but I think the novelty of it will wear off.

November 26, 2007 10:55:36 PM

Quote:
(and I tried at Amazon.com)

eerr what do you mean tried? :heink: 
November 26, 2007 11:00:47 PM

Before Thanksgiving began Amazon allowed registered customers to vote on what they want to buy:

1. Wii = $79
2. PS3 = $319
3. Xbox = $219

There were 1,000 of each for sale. There was a lottery, anyone who voted had a chance to win the "right" to buy one of those. I voted on the Wii and not surprisingly, I didn't win the lottery.
December 16, 2007 1:56:40 AM

The Wiis cool and all, but XBOX 360 has alot to offer.
December 17, 2007 1:48:55 AM

I just played the Wii and I would definitely choose it over the PS3 and the Xbox 360. I was playing the boxing game and it was a good workout 'cause I was throwing "real" punches; I was putting my back into it. I was sweating by round 3.

For FPS games I still prefer my PC. Plus strategy games are my favorite like Civ 4 and Galactic Civ II. Those types of games wouldn't work well with a console, at least not without a keyboard and mouse.
December 17, 2007 2:12:21 PM

I'd actually made that choice recently and picked up a Wii. My girl isnt really too much into gaming.. but she plays the Wii constantly.. so its something I can do to game with her (common interest). If I want to do real gaming I just stick to my PC.. the 360 cannot possibly compare to a good gaming PC.
December 17, 2007 7:38:34 PM

Definitly Wii. XBox 360 offers nothing new to me as a PC gamer. Wii offers a totally different experience that allows me to have a blast gaming with both my 6 year old son as well as my parents.
January 18, 2008 1:30:35 PM

This forum is stupid. How do we see the results of the poll?
January 18, 2008 1:40:39 PM

Quote:
This forum is stupid. How do we see the results of the poll?
Vote or click the "See Results" button. Do you need me to tie your shoes for you and help you get dressed as well?
January 18, 2008 2:31:32 PM

Wii, hands down. The 360 has better graphics and all, but is basically for playing alone or online, for $50 a year, with "friends". Lame. Wii is about the greatest thing ever in terms of having people over, throwing back a few and actually doing something. My house rules are no sitting and simply waving your wrist. Anyone one knocking the Wii has either not played it, or is simply so biased against consoles they have no clue. Get up from your chair and walk around. Meet some people. It'll do ya' good.
January 18, 2008 2:36:04 PM

Quote:
Wii is about the greatest thing ever in terms of having people over, throwing back a few and actually doing something. My house rules are no sitting and simply waving your wrist. Anyone one knocking the Wii has either not played it, or is simply so biased against consoles they have no clue. Get up from your chair and walk around. Meet some people. It'll do ya' good.
Sir, I like your thinking.
January 18, 2008 2:44:18 PM

cosmicc said:
and I'd rather shoot myself then get a PS3...

??? PS3, Wii, 360, or PC. They all just play games with the point of having fun. Some prefer some over others. If I offer you my PS3, would you refuse and really let me shoot you?

*crosses fingers*

Don't be such an elitist. Especially over sometime as trivial as a game.
January 18, 2008 2:57:39 PM

Quote:
and I'd rather shoot myself then get a PS3...
I almost bought a PS3 just for the blu-ray capabilities... they're almost priced the same as a stand-alone blu-ray player, except you get to play games as well should you ever want to.
January 18, 2008 3:07:52 PM

That's what I did. $399 for a PS3 or $399 for a stand-alone, at the time. I didn't care about not having backwards compatibility since I never had a PS1 or PS2. I discovered quite by accident it was actually pretty cool.

Note. Once you've watched HD DVD and/or Blu-ray, regular DVD's just don't cut it.
January 18, 2008 3:39:40 PM

Yeah, that's why I've been wanting to get a Blu-ray player more and more. ASUS is selling one (w/ software) for $250... that and my new 24" 1920x1200 monitor makes me want to stop stretching things to that res and start watching true hi-def. :p 
January 18, 2008 3:48:21 PM

I haven't tried it on my monitor. I've just got it hooked up to a 720p projector. I'm half-way through 1st bulb (in theory) and it came with a spare so when that one goes I'll make the jump to 1080p. At the time the ones 1080p were nearly $6000. Now they're $2500+.
January 18, 2008 8:37:46 PM

I'd lean towards the Wii, though only because just about all of the Xbox 360's "exclusives" also make it out for Windows, (both being made by Micro$oft, after all, right?) and the fact that, being an enthusiast, I've got a Pc that can handle those games very well.

So far, all that the Xbox 360 has that draws to me is Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and perhaps some Halo 3. Of those, AC is already going to be ported, H3 *will* be ported, (given that H and H2 were) and Mass Effect very likely will be ported sometime eventually.

Meanwhile, the Wii has the likes of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and Super Mario Galaxy. The next couple of months will also see No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros.: Brawl. All of those will, as I'm guessing, *never* see a port to the PC or any other console, and all of them work to be system-sellers for me just as much as the three I mentioned for the Xbox 360 do.
physx7 said:
Does anyone own a Wii with Super Mario Galaxy? Does Luigi make an appereance?

One of my best friends has a Wii and Super Mario Galaxy, (or as I call it at times, "UR MR GAY") and we've probably spent ALL too many hours on that... I'd note that it's fair to compare it to Super Mario 64, with just a few differences:
  • The levels are bigger, but tend to be more linear. The game is FAR longer to play through than SM64, and notably harder in the later levels.
  • 2 of the stars in each of the main 15 "galaxies," are "comet" stars; they only show up on occasion, and will present a level you must play using special rules. (i.e, the black daredevil star requires you beat a boss or level without getting hit once)
  • Instead of normal melee attacks, you get a "spin" attack which tends to be more versatile.
  • The game has a MUCH higher level of visual polish on it.
  • Many levels play with more surreal concepts; SM64 did have levels with odd gravity, but SMG takes it to extremes. There are also other outworldly concepts used.
  • As for Luigi, he makes an appearance; first as an NPC that you wind up rescuing a half-dozen times to get power stars, and later, becomes playable (with a slower speed and a higher jump than Mario) once you collect all 120 stars in one game.

rgeist554 said:
    Vote or click the "See Results" button. Do you need me to tie your shoes for you and help you get dressed as well?

Clicking the "see results" button kills your chance to vote.
    January 20, 2008 2:36:15 PM

nottheking said:
    I'd lean towards the Wii, though only because just about all of the Xbox 360's "exclusives" also make it out for Windows, (both being made by Micro$oft, after all, right?) and the fact that, being an enthusiast, I've got a Pc that can handle those games very well.

So far, all that the Xbox 360 has that draws to me is Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and perhaps some Halo 3. Of those, AC is already going to be ported, H3 *will* be ported, (given that H and H2 were) and Mass Effect very likely will be ported sometime eventually.

Meanwhile, the Wii has the likes of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and Super Mario Galaxy. The next couple of months will also see No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros.: Brawl. All of those will, as I'm guessing, *never* see a port to the PC or any other console, and all of them work to be system-sellers for me just as much as the three I mentioned for the Xbox 360 do.

One of my best friends has a Wii and Super Mario Galaxy, (or as I call it at times, "UR MR GAY") and we've probably spent ALL too many hours on that... I'd note that it's fair to compare it to Super Mario 64, with just a few differences:
    • The levels are bigger, but tend to be more linear. The game is FAR longer to play through than SM64, and notably harder in the later levels.
    • 2 of the stars in each of the main 15 "galaxies," are "comet" stars; they only show up on occasion, and will present a level you must play using special rules. (i.e, the black daredevil star requires you beat a boss or level without getting hit once)
    • Instead of normal melee attacks, you get a "spin" attack which tends to be more versatile.
    • The game has a MUCH higher level of visual polish on it.
    • Many levels play with more surreal concepts; SM64 did have levels with odd gravity, but SMG takes it to extremes. There are also other outworldly concepts used.
  • As for Luigi, he makes an appearance; first as an NPC that you wind up rescuing a half-dozen times to get power stars, and later, becomes playable (with a slower speed and a higher jump than Mario) once you collect all 120 stars in one game.

Clicking the "see results" button kills your chance to vote.
  • Yeah, but the time Halo 3 is ported to Windows, it will not only be old, but you'll be losing arguably the best feature of the game, splitscreen multiplayer.

I beat Twilight Princess and Galaxy and enjoyed them both a lot, but I still have barely played Metroid Prime 3. It's a shame too, as I paid for it but so far have simply been unable to get into it.
    January 20, 2008 4:18:29 PM

Quote:
    Yeah, but the time Halo 3 is ported to Windows, it will not only be old, but you'll be losing arguably the best feature of the game, splitscreen multiplayer.

I don't think too many PC gamers will shed tears over not having split screen multiplayer.
    January 22, 2008 12:37:52 AM

purplerat said:
    Quote:
    Yeah, but the time Halo 3 is ported to Windows, it will not only be old, but you'll be losing arguably the best feature of the game, splitscreen multiplayer.

I don't think too many PC gamers will shed tears over not having split screen multiplayer.
    I don't think too many PC gamers will shed tears over Halo 3 remaining an Xbox360 exclusive.
    January 22, 2008 1:46:05 PM

Quote:
    I don't think too many PC gamers will shed tears over Halo 3 remaining an Xbox360 exclusive.
    :lol: 
    January 22, 2008 3:29:22 PM

As a gamer of all platforms, that's a difficult question to answer. It would actually depend on your taste of games. The Xbox 360 features titles suited for the hardcore gamer like BioShock, Call of Duty 4 and the Orange Box, but will cost a good chunk of change (we won't even get into the PlayStation 3) and suffers from overheating problems and the dreaded "Red Ring of Death."

The Nintendo Wii, on the other hand, offers a unique gaming experience with the remote and nunchuck controls, and is extremely fun to play; you can throw a virtual bowling ball, swing a lightsaber and shoot at the screen. On the flipside, the console seems geared towards younger gamers with titles like One Piece Unlimited Adventure, My horse and Me, Kitty Luv and so forth. Then again, you have Mario, Metroid and Zelda on the Wii, and the price is way cheap compared to the other next-gen consoles.

Currently here are around 60 Wii games coming out this year, whereas you'll see roughly 90 new games hit the Xbox 360 before Christmas.

Nintendo Wii Top 20 according to GameRankings:

1. Super Mario Galaxy - Nintendo - 8.9 (97.247%)
    2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Nintendo - 9.2 (93.944%)
    3. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - Capcom - 8.8 (90.995%)
    4. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Nintendo - 8.9 (89.464%)
    5. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - RedOctane - 9.2 (86.888%)
    6. Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - Capcom - 9.0 (85.941%)
    7. Super Paper Mario - Nintendo - 8.8 (85.202%)
    8. WarioWare: Smooth Moves - Nintendo - 8.1 (81.847%)
    9. Madden NFL 07 - EA Sports - 7.8 (81.282%)
    10. Geometry Wars: Galaxies - Sierra Entertainment - -- (81.040%)
    11. Trauma Center: Second Opinion - Atlus Co. - 8.4 (80.907%)
    12. Mario Strikers Charged - Nintendo - 8.3 (79.235%)
    13. Madden NFL 08 - EA Sports - 6.0 (78.130%)
    14. Mercury Meltdown Revolution - Ignition Entertainment - 7.7 (77.871%)
    15. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition - Electronic Arts - 7.7 (77.366%)
    16. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - Capcom - 8.9 (77.342)
    17. Rayman Raving Rabbids - Ubisoft - 8.2 (76.928%)
    18. Trauma Center: New Blood - Atlus Co. - 9.0 (76.773%)
    19. Wii Sports - Nintendo - 8.5 (76.598%)
    20. Excite Truck - Nintendo - 8.5 (75.301%)

Xbox 360 Top 20 according to GameRankings:

1. The Orange Box - EA Games - 9.1 (96.136%)
    2. BioShock - 2K Games - 9.1 (95.299%)
    3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Activision - 8.8 (94.199%)
    4. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 2K Games - 9.2 (94.012%)
    5. Gears of War - Microsoft Game Studios - 8.7 (93.789%)
    6. Halo 3 - Microsoft Game Studios - 8.5 (93.313%)
    7. Rock Band - MTV Games - 8.2 (93.260%)
    8. Guitar Hero II - RedOctane - 8.1 (92.064%)
    9. Mass Effect - Microsoft Game Studios - 9.1 (91.003%)
    10. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - Ubisoft - 8.7 (90.540%)
    11. Call of Duty 2 - Activision - 8.8 (90.032%)
    12. Virtua Fighter 5 Online - Sega - 8.4 (89.833%)
    13. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Konami - 8.3 (89.783%)
    14. Forza Motorsport 2 - Microsoft Game Studios - 9.1 (89.768%)
    15. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas - Ubisoft - 8.5 (89.026%)
    16. Project Gotham Racing 3 - Microsoft Game Studios - 8.6 (88.555%)
    17. Burnout Revenge - Electronic Arts - 8.4 (88.493%)
    18. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved - Bizarre Creations - 8.1 (88.100%)
    19. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - D3 - 9.0 (87.875%)
    20. The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles - Bethesda Softworks - 8.3 (87.429%)

Both platforms are great and offer individual experiences. For me, picking one over the other is impossible.
    January 22, 2008 5:51:40 PM

I also voted for Wii. I'm kind of the target market though- family, not a hard core gamer (at least on consoles). I love how it lets my family play together- I don't always get creamed by my 9 year old because he has the muscle memory to press a couple buttons in the correct order. I can pummel my wife into submission in the boxing ring without going to jail, and I can bowl with my mother in law. My son does still play some of the video games like mario galaxy and some sonic game but for the most part, we are using our wii as a family gaming system. I'm looking forward to wiifit. I think it might be more fun than all the running I'm doing right now.

I went to a xmas party a few weeks ago and there were several grandparents bowling on the big screen. The kids had to play at the other house (RockBand, which is also entertaining) They were ante'ing up $1 a frame and $5 per game, winner take all after 10 frames. There was a line to play. There was side betting going on. It was surreal.
    February 3, 2008 9:01:21 AM

Heyyou27 said:

I'm not so certain on that... TBH, split-screen felt a lot less fun past the age of the Nintendo64. Unless you're talking about co-op, then.

bliq said:
    I also voted for Wii. I'm kind of the target market though- family, not a hard core gamer (at least on consoles).

Might be the TARGET demographic, but appears to be entirely *not* part of the majority of Wii owners; it was a tad amusing to note that most Wii owners are "core" gamers; "core," being Nintendo's term for serious, or "hard-core." :p 
    !