If you were forced to choose........

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Wii

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
The Wii is for families and little kids. It was fun for like 15 mins, but that wore off for me. I can see how people who are not hard core gamers would like it, and the idea of the Wii is pretty novel. But for me, the 360 is more my style. That said, I would never buy one, as my PC is so much better, and I couldn't settle for the step backward in graphics.

cosmicc

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
I agree with Trailsking, the Wii was fun for about a day, then it just got old. I like the 360 much better, and I'd rather shoot myself then get a PS3...
I love my PC best though, Crysis looks so much better then what the 360 can pump out.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
I'd get a Wii... at least it's different and I can play with friends, after all... Why would I want a 360, it's the same as a PC except with worse graphics and a gamepad (Which isn't a compliment either for the kind of games I play...)

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
if i was getting them for free.... I'd get the xbox, sell it, buy a wii and be happy with the money it got towards my next PC upgrade

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I was getting my car serviced/tire change etc, so decided to walk down to EB and try the "next gen" consoles, got quickly bored of the sequels to yesteryear's racing/basketball games on xbox and ps, and graced my eyes upon the Wii, asked the clerk for the wiimote whatever, he told me it was Super Mario Galaxy, played 45 min straight, it was alot of fun, I want a Wii now. Will get one after x-mas I think.

And damn the graphics are frakin bad, but the xbox games needed AA bad too, I think it was forza, can't remember, maybe that was ps2, they had so many consoles there.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
I think the X-box does have some "jaggy" issues, but that aside... I would probably go for the 360. The Wii sounds fun and all, but I can imagine the controls getting too involved in some games.

physx7

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
The only reason I would get a 360 is because of the graphics and mainly because Banjo Threei is coming out only on the 360. Call me whatever but I liked and still like the Banjo Kazooie's on the Nintendo 64.I still play em too! And DK64. Does anyone own a Wii with Super Mario Galaxy? Does Luigi make an appereance?

I would get the Wii.

First let me say that I am not a fan of console games. I think I'd rather shoot myself in the foot before buying a PS3 or Xbox 360.

The only reason for getting the Wii (and I tried at Amazon.com) is to entertain guests. I might play it by myself, but I think the novelty of it will wear off.

Before Thanksgiving began Amazon allowed registered customers to vote on what they want to buy:

1. Wii = $79
2. PS3 = $319
3. Xbox = $219

There were 1,000 of each for sale. There was a lottery, anyone who voted had a chance to win the "right" to buy one of those. I voted on the Wii and not surprisingly, I didn't win the lottery.

I just played the Wii and I would definitely choose it over the PS3 and the Xbox 360. I was playing the boxing game and it was a good workout 'cause I was throwing "real" punches; I was putting my back into it. I was sweating by round 3.

For FPS games I still prefer my PC. Plus strategy games are my favorite like Civ 4 and Galactic Civ II. Those types of games wouldn't work well with a console, at least not without a keyboard and mouse.

Cirga

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2007
I'd actually made that choice recently and picked up a Wii. My girl isnt really too much into gaming.. but she plays the Wii constantly.. so its something I can do to game with her (common interest). If I want to do real gaming I just stick to my PC.. the 360 cannot possibly compare to a good gaming PC.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Definitly Wii. XBox 360 offers nothing new to me as a PC gamer. Wii offers a totally different experience that allows me to have a blast gaming with both my 6 year old son as well as my parents.

KingLoftusXII

Splendid
Jan 17, 2006
Wii, hands down. The 360 has better graphics and all, but is basically for playing alone or online, for $50 a year, with "friends". Lame. Wii is about the greatest thing ever in terms of having people over, throwing back a few and actually doing something. My house rules are no sitting and simply waving your wrist. Anyone one knocking the Wii has either not played it, or is simply so biased against consoles they have no clue. Get up from your chair and walk around. Meet some people. It'll do ya' good.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Wii is about the greatest thing ever in terms of having people over, throwing back a few and actually doing something. My house rules are no sitting and simply waving your wrist. Anyone one knocking the Wii has either not played it, or is simply so biased against consoles they have no clue. Get up from your chair and walk around. Meet some people. It'll do ya' good.
Sir, I like your thinking.

KingLoftusXII

Splendid
Jan 17, 2006

??? PS3, Wii, 360, or PC. They all just play games with the point of having fun. Some prefer some over others. If I offer you my PS3, would you refuse and really let me shoot you?

*crosses fingers*

Don't be such an elitist. Especially over sometime as trivial as a game.