In search of...

a particular website.

I used to have a site saved in my favorites, it showed how the different
characters looked in different armors, etc. Now that I want to see just how
ugly I can make my trapper, I can't find it.

I've decided that instead of going for +3 Traps on main and +3 Shadow skills
on switch, I'm going to just go for a Spirit Sword and Shield combo. In
terms of survival, I think those would be a bit more beneficial.

The Vit/Mana/FHR and resists would help more than 2 more +skill levels for
the Traps. Besides, I'm going for negative style points. I'd like to end
up with a Harley, Naj's Armor, a Crystal Sword, and a Monarch shield. Hrmm,
nothing else changes the appearance, right?

Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle for a
Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.

Doh! I forgot about HoTO!

Any clue what a Vex is trading for nowadays? That would work even better
than the Spirit sword, methinks. Flails look better too!
Oh, and does anyone know what color these runewords make the items? :)
Flail doesn't really matter, but the Crystal Sword and Monarch Shield are
points of interest :)

short - so if you find a white Monarch or Naj's armor, you know where to
find me :eek:)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:28:43 -0500, short wrote:

> a particular website.
>
> I used to have a site saved in my favorites, it showed how the different
> characters looked in different armors, etc. Now that I want to see just how
> ugly I can make my trapper, I can't find it.
>
> I've decided that instead of going for +3 Traps on main and +3 Shadow skills
> on switch, I'm going to just go for a Spirit Sword and Shield combo. In
> terms of survival, I think those would be a bit more beneficial.

Not really. Dex doesn't help you with other stuff and the shield
takes a lot of strength. Just figure out what level of weapon block
you want after plus skills and go for that. If you want to be
more defensively oriented then use a pair of Bartucs or similar
+2 all skills claws.

> The Vit/Mana/FHR and resists would help more than 2 more +skill levels for
> the Traps. Besides, I'm going for negative style points. I'd like to end
> up with a Harley, Naj's Armor, a Crystal Sword, and a Monarch shield. Hrmm,
> nothing else changes the appearance, right?
>
> Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle for a
> Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.

I've got a trapper who just found a Naj armor the other day and is
wearing it. It gives the red puffy sleeve look. Not much to
get excited about. Basically nothing is as ugly as a mask.
She is also wearing a Shako so I could model that combo for you if
you want. She doesn't have defensive problems (just remember to use
CoS and MindBlast) and solos wells, but LS runs out of oomph in
multi-player games unless you get it to insanely high levels.
FireBlast is better because you can focus it on a single target.

"Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:28:43 -0500, short wrote:
>
> > a particular website.
> >
> > I used to have a site saved in my favorites, it showed how the different
> > characters looked in different armors, etc. Now that I want to see just
how
> > ugly I can make my trapper, I can't find it.
> >
> > I've decided that instead of going for +3 Traps on main and +3 Shadow
skills
> > on switch, I'm going to just go for a Spirit Sword and Shield combo. In
> > terms of survival, I think those would be a bit more beneficial.
>
> Not really. Dex doesn't help you with other stuff and the shield
> takes a lot of strength. Just figure out what level of weapon block
> you want after plus skills and go for that. If you want to be
> more defensively oriented then use a pair of Bartucs or similar
> +2 all skills claws.

Erp! Forgot all about weapon block, for some reason. I'll have to check
that out.

> > The Vit/Mana/FHR and resists would help more than 2 more +skill levels
for
> > the Traps. Besides, I'm going for negative style points. I'd like to
end
> > up with a Harley, Naj's Armor, a Crystal Sword, and a Monarch shield.
Hrmm,
> > nothing else changes the appearance, right?
> >
> > Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle for
> > Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.
>
> I've got a trapper who just found a Naj armor the other day and is
> wearing it. It gives the red puffy sleeve look. Not much to
> get excited about. Basically nothing is as ugly as a mask.
> She is also wearing a Shako so I could model that combo for you if
> you want. She doesn't have defensive problems (just remember to use
> CoS and MindBlast) and solos wells, but LS runs out of oomph in
> multi-player games unless you get it to insanely high levels.
> FireBlast is better because you can focus it on a single target.

That's the stuff I like to hear! What lvl do you have the traps up to now?

short

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
> Oh, and does anyone know what color these runewords make the items? :)

Bland boring grey.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:10:35 -0500, short wrote:

> "Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:28:43 -0500, short wrote:
>>
>> > a particular website.
>> >
>> > I used to have a site saved in my favorites, it showed how the different
>> > characters looked in different armors, etc. Now that I want to see just
> how
>> > ugly I can make my trapper, I can't find it.
>> >
>> > I've decided that instead of going for +3 Traps on main and +3 Shadow
> skills
>> > on switch, I'm going to just go for a Spirit Sword and Shield combo. In
>> > terms of survival, I think those would be a bit more beneficial.
>>
>> Not really. Dex doesn't help you with other stuff and the shield
>> takes a lot of strength. Just figure out what level of weapon block
>> you want after plus skills and go for that. If you want to be
>> more defensively oriented then use a pair of Bartucs or similar
>> +2 all skills claws.
>>
> Erp! Forgot all about weapon block, for some reason. I'll have to check
> that out.
>
>> > The Vit/Mana/FHR and resists would help more than 2 more +skill levels
> for
>> > the Traps. Besides, I'm going for negative style points. I'd like to
> end
>> > up with a Harley, Naj's Armor, a Crystal Sword, and a Monarch shield.
> Hrmm,
>> > nothing else changes the appearance, right?
>> >
>> > Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle for
>> > Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.
>>
>> I've got a trapper who just found a Naj armor the other day and is
>> wearing it. It gives the red puffy sleeve look. Not much to
>> get excited about. Basically nothing is as ugly as a mask.
>> She is also wearing a Shako so I could model that combo for you if
>> you want. She doesn't have defensive problems (just remember to use
>> CoS and MindBlast) and solos wells, but LS runs out of oomph in
>> multi-player games unless you get it to insanely high levels.
>> FireBlast is better because you can focus it on a single target.
>>

> That's the stuff I like to hear! What lvl do you have the traps up to now?

I have 20 pts in Fireball, LS, and DS, and about 20 also spread
over the other two synergy traps on the lightning side of
the trap tree. Char is lvl 80.

My build is a bit inaccurate in
the sense that it would be better to have about 10 of those
synergy skill points moved back to the Shadow tree in order
to use more +traps gear that boosts traps higher but doesn't
help shadow skills like SM and WB (SM lower than 12 or so dies
too often to be constantly doing weapon switch in the middle
of a fight in my experience). That wouldn't matter if my char
was lvl 90, but the gap between lvl 80 and lvl 90 is a lot of
xp time. Consider the differential effect on LS of an additional
synergy vs. an additional +trap, with a snapshot taken at the
point of 20 LS, 30 LS synergy points, and +7 skills. I'll use
this calc:

http://www.d2items.com/skills.php

LS at this point is 4-2447 damage per shot.
With an additional synergy point it goes to 4-2551,
an increase of 4.25%
With an additional +trap lvl it goes to 4-2603,
an increase of 6.3%
The effect would be compounded with larger deltas.
So for high LS and FB damage it will help more to
get +traps very high compared to using more points
on the synergies.

> short

<snippers>

> > That's the stuff I like to hear! What lvl do you have the traps up to
now?

> I have 20 pts in Fireball, LS, and DS, and about 20 also spread
> over the other two synergy traps on the lightning side of
> the trap tree. Char is lvl 80.
>
> My build is a bit inaccurate in
> the sense that it would be better to have about 10 of those
> synergy skill points moved back to the Shadow tree in order
> to use more +traps gear that boosts traps higher but doesn't
> help shadow skills like SM and WB (SM lower than 12 or so dies
> too often to be constantly doing weapon switch in the middle
> of a fight in my experience). That wouldn't matter if my char
> was lvl 90, but the gap between lvl 80 and lvl 90 is a lot of
> xp time. Consider the differential effect on LS of an additional
> synergy vs. an additional +trap, with a snapshot taken at the
> point of 20 LS, 30 LS synergy points, and +7 skills. I'll use
> this calc:
>
> http://www.d2items.com/skills.php
>
> LS at this point is 4-2447 damage per shot.
> With an additional synergy point it goes to 4-2551,
> an increase of 4.25%
> With an additional +trap lvl it goes to 4-2603,
> an increase of 6.3%
> The effect would be compounded with larger deltas.
> So for high LS and FB damage it will help more to
> get +traps very high compared to using more points
> on the synergies.

Makes sense to me! Thanks

short

WhiteDog

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2003

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
> a particular website.
>
> Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle for a
> Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.

Track me down, I'm fairly sure we have 3 or 4 laying around.

Craig

> a particular website.
>
> I used to have a site saved in my favorites, it showed how the
> different characters looked in different armors, etc. Now that I
> want to see just how ugly I can make my trapper, I can't find it.
>
> I've decided that instead of going for +3 Traps on main and +3 Shadow
> skills on switch, I'm going to just go for a Spirit Sword and Shield
> combo. In terms of survival, I think those would be a bit more
> beneficial.

you will be 158 str for the monarch and around 200 dex for max block at lvl
80+ that doesn't leave a lot for vit

> The Vit/Mana/FHR and resists would help more than 2 more +skill
> levels for the Traps. Besides, I'm going for negative style points.
> I'd like to end up with a Harley, Naj's Armor, a Crystal Sword, and a
> Monarch shield. Hrmm, nothing else changes the appearance, right?
>
> Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle
> for a Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.
>
> Doh! I forgot about HoTO!
>
> Any clue what a Vex is trading for nowadays? That would work even
> better than the Spirit sword, methinks. Flails look better too!
> Oh, and does anyone know what color these runewords make the items?
> :) Flail doesn't really matter, but the Crystal Sword and Monarch
> Shield are points of interest :)

I dont think the monarch changes colour from memory

> short - so if you find a white Monarch or Naj's armor, you know where
> to find me :eek:)

I have a 4 socket monarch sitting on a mule somewhere, but that would mean I
would have to fire up D2, which would cut into my WoW addiction ;)

Craig

"Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au> wrote in message

> > a particular website.
> >
> > I used to have a site saved in my favorites, it showed how the
> > different characters looked in different armors, etc. Now that I
> > want to see just how ugly I can make my trapper, I can't find it.
> >
> > I've decided that instead of going for +3 Traps on main and +3 Shadow
> > skills on switch, I'm going to just go for a Spirit Sword and Shield
> > combo. In terms of survival, I think those would be a bit more
> > beneficial.
> >
> you will be 158 str for the monarch and around 200 dex for max block at
lvl
> 80+ that doesn't leave a lot for vit

Heh, who said anything about blocking? I'm going for more of a non_standard
look :)

> > The Vit/Mana/FHR and resists would help more than 2 more +skill
> > levels for the Traps. Besides, I'm going for negative style points.
> > I'd like to end up with a Harley, Naj's Armor, a Crystal Sword, and a
> > Monarch shield. Hrmm, nothing else changes the appearance, right?
> >
> > Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle
> > for a Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.
> >
> > Doh! I forgot about HoTO!
> >
> > Any clue what a Vex is trading for nowadays? That would work even
> > better than the Spirit sword, methinks. Flails look better too!
> > Oh, and does anyone know what color these runewords make the items?
> > :) Flail doesn't really matter, but the Crystal Sword and Monarch
> > Shield are points of interest :)
> >
> I dont think the monarch changes colour from memory

Cool

> > short - so if you find a white Monarch or Naj's armor, you know where
> > to find me :eek:)
>
> I have a 4 socket monarch sitting on a mule somewhere, but that would mean
> would have to fire up D2, which would cut into my WoW addiction ;)

You can do it!
I found one just the other day, and sold it. I'm sure Pindle will cough up
another one soon, right next to the 2 white caudacueououeous things he
dropped for me ;(

short

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 02:40:02 GMT, "Whitedog"
<jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
>> a particular website.
>>
>> Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle for a
>> Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.
>>

>Track me down, I'm fairly sure we have 3 or 4 laying around.

So you are still playing? You're harder to find than said Cohibas!
I feel a little like the last UWW mohawk ... with Zilth of course :)

Kai

WhiteDog

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2003

"Kai Scholz-Starke" <bergzwerg@arcor.de> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 02:40:02 GMT, "Whitedog"
> <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

> >"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
> >> a particular website.
> >>
> >> Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle
for a
> >> Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.
> >>

> >Track me down, I'm fairly sure we have 3 or 4 laying around.
> >
> So you are still playing? You're harder to find than said Cohibas!
> I feel a little like the last UWW mohawk ... with Zilth of course :)

Yeah, I'm alive. I've just been really busy.