Nov 22, 2007

CPU:Intel Core 2 duo 1.86 ghz

RAM:2 gig's of ddr2
Dual channel(566mhz) I belive

GPU:XFX GeForce 8600gt XXX256mb GDDR3
Fatory Oced:620mhz, 1600mhz
Post Oced: 702mhz core, 1804mhz memory

Hard disk:500 gig sataII

I want to know what setting you think i can run at, and An estimate of FPS Will be in Dx10.

rayzor

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2004
medium settings and barely 30 fps. That processor will begin to hold you back at that clock speed, see if you can overclock it any. running in dx10 with your setup will kill your fps, you may want to stick w/ dx9 unless you can get an 8800 GT or similar.

Dirty_Barry

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2007
Why not look at some other posts that have fps quetsions then make an educated guess...
Or maybe just reply to the original post...Possibly find out from the demo.

Crysis is the WORST game to run if you are looking for a game and don't have the hardware. I actually tweeked my setttings to run at High detail, with everything else on medium exept shadows on low. Certain settings kill frames. And forget DX10 it just isnt happening on this game for another year. I get anywhere from 25-40 FPS depending whats being displayed. 30-35 being average.

Honestly I found the game to be to hyped up. It looks really good as long as you can run decent settings. But I think UT3 and COD4 are nicer looking shooters with far less requirements. TF2 is nice to for a cartoony game.

m1ddy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2007
UT3 looks terrible imo. Dosn't even come close to crysis on low/med settings. I agree COD4 does look stunning too. Crysis will overtake it when we have the hardware to run it with decent fps.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Good luck to the OP, @ trying to play the game and have it look ok.

Here is another question. Is Crysis that great if you cannot see any of the cool eye candy?

I personally have found some great config file tweaks, and I get 25-33 FPS, with most settings High, and the tweak makes it look far better than DX9 High. The game looks awesome.
I tried for awhile to play it at the lowest settings and got 80+ FPS, buttery smooth, but it just looked so bad too me, that it seemed like a generic shooter.

Too me the game is not worth getting if you cant at least run most settings on Med. But then again I am only on the 2nd level, so maybe the game play is even better later. Just my 2 cents.