Quicken/Norton Anti-Virus

After installing Windows XP, my Quicken 2005 and Norton
Anti-Virus software won't run. Any suggestions?

Help!
1 answer Last reply
More about quicken norton anti virus

    "shmty23" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in news:61b301c49293$5324b960$a301280a@phx.gbl:
    > After installing Windows XP, my Quicken 2005 and Norton
    > Anti-Virus software won't run. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Help!

    You installed Quicken and Norton before installing Windows XP. Sure
    sounds like you did an *upgrade* from some other version of Windows.
    That means you did a pollutive migration and dragged tons of garbage
    along rather than do a fresh install. Configurations and registry
    settings may not be appropriate under the *new* operating system, so you
    might have to reinstall your applications. Your data should be okay,
    though, and if it is important data then it is backed up data. "Won't
    run" says nothing about behavior or error messages; i.e., vague
    questions get unfocused replies. Have you tried reinstalling these
    applications? If they do not permit you to reinstall atop an existing
    but defective install then you will need to uninstall and reinstall.

Norton Microsoft Antivirus Windows XP