Quicken/Norton Anti-Virus

September 4, 2004 12:24:52 PM

After installing Windows XP, my Quicken 2005 and Norton
Anti-Virus software won't run. Any suggestions?

Help!
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 3:03:18 PM

"shmty23" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:61b301c49293$5324b960$a301280a@phx.gbl:
> After installing Windows XP, my Quicken 2005 and Norton
> Anti-Virus software won't run. Any suggestions?
>
> Help!

You installed Quicken and Norton before installing Windows XP. Sure
sounds like you did an *upgrade* from some other version of Windows.
That means you did a pollutive migration and dragged tons of garbage
along rather than do a fresh install. Configurations and registry
settings may not be appropriate under the *new* operating system, so you
might have to reinstall your applications. Your data should be okay,
though, and if it is important data then it is backed up data. "Won't
run" says nothing about behavior or error messages; i.e., vague
questions get unfocused replies. Have you tried reinstalling these
applications? If they do not permit you to reinstall atop an existing
but defective install then you will need to uninstall and reinstall.