Cannot log in as Administrator

I have XP Home. When trying to log in as Administrator, it asked for a
password. I did not put up any password for it during installation. I tried
to put in the password I have for log in, but it would not accept. What can
I do?
TIA

Hi

As you are running XP Home, try leaving the password blank.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Ben Stevenson" <casiopie963@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have XP Home. When trying to log in as Administrator, it asked for a
> password. I did not put up any password for it during installation. I
> tried
> to put in the password I have for log in, but it would not accept. What
> can
> I do?
> TIA

Tried that just now. Left it blank and hit Enter. Came the message "Did you
forget your password?
Tried again and did not hit Enter, but hit the green arrow to proceed. Got
the same message.

> Hi
>
> As you are running XP Home, try leaving the password blank.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Ben Stevenson" <casiopie963@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have XP Home. When trying to log in as Administrator, it asked for a
> > password. I did not put up any password for it during installation. I
> > tried
> > to put in the password I have for log in, but it would not accept. What
> > can
> > I do?
> > TIA

Hi

The default password for XP Home is blank. So, unless you have created a
password for the Admin. Account, it still should be blank, however, if 'Did
you forget your password' is being seen, then there is a password attached
to the Admin. Account. Try here: