Problems with ECS L4S8A2

Kanaz

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Hi,
I had an issue with Win2K and an ECS L4S8A2 board, the USB isn't working. I've tried a Palm Pilot as well as a mouse on it.
I went to order a new one, and my vendor told me he heard that they have problems, but couldn't remember what they were. I fanyone has had any experience with this board, could they tell what it was like.
Thanks.

-"LD provides the USB disk makes you portable your data everywhere as easy as possible"

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i sugest you toss the board, get one thats not made by fisher price and never look back.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

Kanaz

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Good point, however it's not for me, and the guy doesn't want to change...unless i can give him a very good reason.

-"LD provides the USB disk makes you portable your data everywhere as easy as possible"

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
bios upgrade or driver upgrade is all that could fix it. or just buy a usb addon card.

Kanaz

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Are you telling me that there <i>is</i> a problem, or is that a general solution for me?
Meaning, is there a known issue with that?

"You need to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so that when they turn their backs on you, you get the change to put the knife in" -Pink Floyd, ‘Dogs’

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
thats a general solution, there is a big issue with all ecs motherboards. they have the worst reputation of all the boards out there.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ECS is known to have a quality problem with most of their boards.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>